La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest
$109
Hampton.com
$80
$109
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanunderground gardensallow petssausagewafflesstay there againnight's sleepvisit familycontinental breakfastlqfreewayrailroadelevatorcostcomotelearplugs
Reviewed August 24, 2011

My family consists of myself, my husband and our 2 little boys, ones 2 &1/2 & the other was 10 months. We enjoyed the separate sleeping room. It worked well with small kids. Plus we were able to get a trundle bed for the 2 yo so it was great. Another pro which is probably inique to us.. The loud train that passed every few hours with it's ridiculously loud whistle. Most would be irritated for sure, my son however thought it was the best thing ever. He'd run to the window & start counting the cars. So that worked for us. Also.. New hotel.. New interior equals clean.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have stayed in many La Quintas across the country and this is by far the best ever.
We always stay because they are Pet Friendly. We stayed here going to N Calif and again a week later returning to AZ, The propery was very clean and the room we requested was perfect. I can't say enough about the staff...Melissa and Patrica were very friendly and helpful. On our return visit they made us feel like we were returning "friends". The breakfast that was served was the best we have ever had at a La Quinta..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed overnight to meet family from out of state. Leary of the area once we got off the freeway, but pleasantly surprised with the hotel. They allow pets and I felt secure walking my dog around the perimeter of the hotel and the adjoining office complex next door. We checked in early without a problem, front desk staff was courteous and helpful. Hotel is new, some walls were still being painted but we did not notice paint fumes. Pool and spa area clean and new, pool not heated but the weather was 95 degrees, felt great. Room was very clean, well appointed and quiet, bed was comfortable and coffee maker made great coffee (I love great coffee). Nice assortment at the free breakfast, only complaint would be milk instead of cream for coffee. Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2011

I was going on a small vacation and was worried about a hotel. I have stayed in alot of hotels being in the military and I have to say this is the best hotel I have stayed in.
From the moment I walked in I was greated and helped to get a room for me and my family and they advised me which card is best to use for my discount as I have AAA card and Military disabled card. My family and I went to the room and was surprised as it was very clean and very cool inside. The room was on the side of the train tracks but never heard the train when I was sleeping. I even had my small dog as they allow pets and didn't hear any dog barking while we were there. The morning was great having free hot breakfest and the food was very good and the hotel worker was very friendly and even gave my family and myself idea's of where to go and visit some sites that we would like.
I have to say that you will not be disappointed staying at the La Quinta inn and also was close to the freeway and alot of stores and places to eat. My family and I will stay there again in our next visit. I would like to thank the whole staff for a great job and for making our families stay a great one.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Okay, let me get the negative out of the way. I wish LaQuinta would BAN pets. I don't sleep in kennels with pets and I don't want pets sleeping in my hotel room. Hotels want $300 to clean up after smokers (and that's fine by me since we're non-smokers), but I guarantee you that dogs and cats leave a lot more to be cleaned up than smokers! If I need to explain...well, I'll just leave it at that. I know some people consider their pets "family members", but they are called "ANIMALS" for a reason. I think hotels should have kennels set up outside if they want to allow pets. So LQ, BAN pets please. You aren't a Motel 6 for goodness sake!

Other than that, my wife and I really enjoyed this newer LQ property. 5 stars is my rating...even with the pet problem. Everything was essentially perfect. We use the 3 LQs in Fresno as our base camp for our annual trip to Yosemite. This one is by far the newest and best value. We stayed here the night before we headed for the Valley and on our way back out a few days later. We didn't hear any train noise, the front desk clerks were all very helpful and friendly. The breakfast is probably the best free hotel breakfast I've had in many years at any hotel. Hot and a good variety. Being an Elite LQ member, I was upgraded both nights. Once to a jacuzzi room and the other to a nice King. Both were great. The mattresses were just about as good as you could expect. The property is clean inside and out, and very convenient to CA-99.

We will definitely stay here again.

P.S. I did lose my ELITE card in my room. My fault, yes. But I was hoping housekeeping would find it and have it returned to me. So far, no luck. But again, that's not the hotel's fault. Since it has no monetary value, I'm not too concerned about the loss.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple