“This place was NOT WORTH THE $$”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fresno Northwest
Ranked #14 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Took 20 min to get checked in. Finally greeted by young kid who talked too much and tried to get us signed up for rewards or some program. My kids were tired, my girlfriend was upset. WE JUST NEEDED SOME SLEEP. we had been on the Road for 16 hrs straight. There was a hair between the two apples we grabbed at breakfast. The elevator took way too long. We did not get our wake up call. Never Again. Do not stay here. Management should teach front desk to be clear and articulate with their words.

• Stayed: March 2011

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Easy to find. Staff was very friendly and helpful. When I booked the room from their website, I accidentally put check-in date a day later than what I needed. I called the hotel, they fixed it with no problem and check in was a breeze.

Room was on the smaller side, but clean with newer amenities. I had to use the iron and ironing board and there was not a lot of room to move around while the ironing board was in use.

The elevator was kind of creepy -- it was very slow moving and though the hotel isn't very old, the elevator seemed like it was; if you can manage, just take the stairs because it's quicker.

The shower had very good water pressure. There was some noise in the bathroom like a fan was on, even when light switch was off. It was annoying, but you couldn't hear it with the bathroom door closed. Sink and mirror are inside the bathroom, so I had to wait to wash my face and brush my teeth until my stepson got out of the shower

Mattress was VERY comfortable and I had a good night's sleep. Personally, I am not a fan of hotels that don't have quick access outside. Our room was on 3rd floor, down the hall from the elevator. I didn't like that to go to our car, we had to walk down the hall to the scary/slow elevator, exit hotel, then walk all the way to our car that is parked under our room window. Parking in general was not very convenient at this location.

Breakfast was surprisingly good. Prior to booking I didn't notice that they serve a hot breakfast and was pleasantly surprised to see scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffle maker. Coffee wasn't very good and the toaster didn't work, though.

Overall, it was clean, nice mattress, and good water pressure in the shower. I would stay there again if I needed to be in the area.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 14, 2011

The last few times i checked in it was very late and the area didn't help. My car got broken into once but given those factors, I was always greeted and treated very well by agents. There has to have been a change in management because the last two times I have checked in, my room was dirty, hair in tub, the agent did not even acknowledge me when i walked in at 10 pm. What kept me from going to cheaper places in decent areas was the front desk service. I stay at laquintas all the time. I don't think i will be staying here again. I don't
Recall the agent whom i used deal with,'but she made my stay special. I may as well stay at a motel 6 and save the $$.

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 10, 2011

Only 18 months old and everything is like new. Requested a ground floor room when booking a month in advance but all they could 'offer' was 2nd floor. It was close to the elevator so not an inconvenience. Hotel is a bit out of the way but just east are many fine restaurants. Access to Hwy 99 is good. We only stay one night but had no problems with the hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2011

When we arrived the hotel clerk was very nice very helpful. Took about 1 min to get my room keys. Was told about the free breakfast room was very nice very clean. Woke up the next day they had so many assortment of items for breakfast. Extremely nice! Would stay there again. Looking for something just as nice in San Jose for the 27th of Jan. 2011.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2010

I went on line looking for a hotel near my friends place in Fresno and came across this La Quinta. I have stayed at La Quinta's in the past and found them to be adequate and a good value. The price was right so I booked it. I was VERY impressed when I arrived at the hotel late at night. I had phoned earlier and requested a ground floor room and they had it ready for me. The room was spacious and elegantly decorated. Not overly "decorative" but modern, clean and well appointed. We very much appreciated the mini-fridge and microwave after a long trip. The beds were quite comfortable and the HVAC system worked well and was easy to control. I had read negative reviews regarding the proximity to the train tracks and noise but we did not experience any problem. The breakfast was delicious and plentiful. I love the "make it yourself" waffles. The room was impeccably clean and the staff were very accommodating. I needed an extra 1/2 hour for check out and it was no problem. When I have business in Fresno, I will definitely be returning to La Quinta. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2010

This La Quinta is almost new – probably one of the reasons it is very nice. I would stay here again. The only reason I rated the sleep quality not too high is we stayed in a suite. The suite comes with a king and a couch hide-a-bed. The king bed was comfortable and I slept well. But the hide-a-bed was bad. It sloped and it had springs sticking in their backs all night. I would have put the mattress on the floor if I had known of these problems.

PROS: This is a clean motel. The front staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious, TVs huge! The continental breakfast was typical, nothing fancy, but sufficient.

CONS: Located by train tracks. I was woken up a couple times by trains. Uncomfortable hide-a-bed. I would like to see them offer suites with two double or queen beds and a hide-a-bed instead of just a king and the couch. Kind of weird to have a new motel, nice appointed, and massive plumbing visible under the sink. I’d screen that off.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family