“Holiday Inn, Responsive customer service, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South
Ranked #27 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Good place for business travelers. Right on Hwy 99. Called ahead to get a quiet side room. Confirmed low floor choice, but the agent said wasn't sure, she would talk with the manager. Upon check in, first floor on the quiet side. Nice property, travelling on business, but did notice families having breakfast. Recommend using for passing through as, but not for a long term stay. Upgrading the TV service, so my room had less than 1/2 the channels working. Which staff wasn't aware of.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank timjoakland

Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Could not sleep the whole night. Even with earplugs. Clean. Not in a good neighborhood. Friendly staff. The noise from the highway was terrible. You can't control the speed of the air conditioning and is set to the highest level. It sounds like an airplane. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank PT6
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Dear PT6,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We pride ourselves in making sure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay and it is very disappointing to hear that we did not live up to this expectation. I am sincerely sorry that your guest experience was less than satisfactory due to the noise challenges you encountered. We have shared your comments with our managers so that we can improve our handling of this type of situation in the future.

Once again, we apologize for your stay and we hope that you will give us another try on your next trip to the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for a downtown hotel so we would have easy access to a bicycle event which started at the downtown ballpark. We needed two nights and Hotwire showed very reasonable rates for downtown hotels so we took a chance. Wrong. This hotel was two miles plus from downtown but it was within the extreme limits of hotwire's downtown area map. Anyway, the rate was very good and the hotel was clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff was friendly. Very near several fast food places.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Nice hotel, clean updated rooms, staff was very friendly, good (free) breakfast. Microwave and fridge in the room, perfect for travelling with family. Easy access, plenty of food options nearby. Will come back when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was happily surprised to have found this place on the internet. I had a double suite and it was very spacious. There were two comfortable beds, a couch that pulls out (if you need that option), a table, microwave, coffee maker etc. When I stayed, this place was pretty much brand new. Check in was easy and fast, friendly and helpful staff. There is an In N Out and Taco Bell next door. My only complaint is that my room was right off the 99 hwy...I heard large trucks all throughout the night. But that's not the hotel's fault. I did venture out around the area a little bit and found myself in the middle of Fresno's skid row which is closer than I thought. Keep in mind that Fresno is not the safest area, so don't get lost. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this place or stay here again if I had to visit Fresno.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the 99 hwy, unless you can sleep through large trucks passing by t...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for two nights. The hotel is located immediately off Highway 99.

The hotel was built in 2010 and its newness is still apparent. It looks and smells good. Our room was spacious and clean. Everything worked--the toilet, sink, flat screen television, and refrigerator.

Parking is easy and the parking area is well lit. A security guard patrols the property.

The hotel is located in an industrial area. The eastern neighbor is a large Pic-n-Pull auto wrecking yard. I found a few parts I needed for my vintage Mercedes 300D there. The northern neighbors are fast food restaurants--KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Carl's Jr., and the best of the lot, In'n'Out. There is a Denny's and a Shell gas station on the other side of Jensen.

If you want to sample restaurants and go shopping, you've got to get on the 99 and drive about five miles north.

The breakfast featured the usual fare. I filled my plate with scrambled eggs, fruit, and toast. Although coffee was quite good for hotel coffee, I picked tea.

Overall, we were happy during our two night stay. We felt safe. The bed was somewhat firm. Both my wife and I suffer from soft mattresses. We awoke refreshed and without back pain. The entire staff was attentive, patient, and polite. The room rate was fair considering the quality of the hotel. This was a business trip, so after our mission was completed, we left happy.

Room Tip: If highway noise is annoying, ask for a room on the east side. Highway 99 runs along the west side...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve119049
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My brother had a band concert at the Convention center a few exits north of this hotel. Everything was booked so we went with this hotel for its closeness to the freeway. We walked in and were greeted immediately and given a choice of what floor we wanted.

Room: perfect. Clean, comfy bed, bathroom was a perfect size.

Service: excellent! They offered late checkout at 1:00, which was amazing since my brothers concert didn't start until 8:00 pm!

Fast food: the front desk gave us menus to restaurants that deliver to the hotel. Walking distance from the hotel; mc Donald's, Taco Bell, in and out, Wendy's, and KFC. Across the street is Denny's.

Overall, I would stay there again. It was a 10 minutes drive to the convention center, which wasn't bad at all. I am very pleased!

• Stayed: March 2013