Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fresno South
Ranked #25 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
NV
“Perfect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Nice hotel, clean updated rooms, staff was very friendly, good (free) breakfast. Microwave and fridge in the room, perfect for travelling with family. Easy access, plenty of food options nearby. Will come back when in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was happily surprised to have found this place on the internet. I had a double suite and it was very spacious. There were two comfortable beds, a couch that pulls out (if you need that option), a table, microwave, coffee maker etc. When I stayed, this place was pretty much brand new. Check in was easy and fast, friendly and helpful staff. There is an In N Out and Taco Bell next door. My only complaint is that my room was right off the 99 hwy...I heard large trucks all throughout the night. But that's not the hotel's fault. I did venture out around the area a little bit and found myself in the middle of Fresno's skid row which is closer than I thought. Keep in mind that Fresno is not the safest area, so don't get lost. Otherwise, I would highly recommend this place or stay here again if I had to visit Fresno.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the 99 hwy, unless you can sleep through large trucks passing by t...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Antelope Valley, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for two nights. The hotel is located immediately off Highway 99.

The hotel was built in 2010 and its newness is still apparent. It looks and smells good. Our room was spacious and clean. Everything worked--the toilet, sink, flat screen television, and refrigerator.

Parking is easy and the parking area is well lit. A security guard patrols the property.

The hotel is located in an industrial area. The eastern neighbor is a large Pic-n-Pull auto wrecking yard. I found a few parts I needed for my vintage Mercedes 300D there. The northern neighbors are fast food restaurants--KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell, Carl's Jr., and the best of the lot, In'n'Out. There is a Denny's and a Shell gas station on the other side of Jensen.

If you want to sample restaurants and go shopping, you've got to get on the 99 and drive about five miles north.

The breakfast featured the usual fare. I filled my plate with scrambled eggs, fruit, and toast. Although coffee was quite good for hotel coffee, I picked tea.

Overall, we were happy during our two night stay. We felt safe. The bed was somewhat firm. Both my wife and I suffer from soft mattresses. We awoke refreshed and without back pain. The entire staff was attentive, patient, and polite. The room rate was fair considering the quality of the hotel. This was a business trip, so after our mission was completed, we left happy.

Room Tip: If highway noise is annoying, ask for a room on the east side. Highway 99 runs along the west side...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve119049
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My brother had a band concert at the Convention center a few exits north of this hotel. Everything was booked so we went with this hotel for its closeness to the freeway. We walked in and were greeted immediately and given a choice of what floor we wanted.

Room: perfect. Clean, comfy bed, bathroom was a perfect size.

Service: excellent! They offered late checkout at 1:00, which was amazing since my brothers concert didn't start until 8:00 pm!

Fast food: the front desk gave us menus to restaurants that deliver to the hotel. Walking distance from the hotel; mc Donald's, Taco Bell, in and out, Wendy's, and KFC. Across the street is Denny's.

Overall, I would stay there again. It was a 10 minutes drive to the convention center, which wasn't bad at all. I am very pleased!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Anicole4114
Gurnee, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

As usual, its a typical Holiday Inn Express. They are very consistent. For a 1 day business trip its fine. Friendly people, clean hotel, nice rooms. Next to several fast food restaurants. I would have no issue going back and staying there next time I was in town for a 1 day trip.

Room Tip: Dont pick a room overlooking the highway. it can be noisy. Face the In and Out its quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael G
Granilte Bay, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Biweekly business trip with two night stay in a room on the second floor next to the freeway. I was told that king size beds are on that side of the building and doubles on the opposite side. Should have been told since i asked for a quiet room when i made the reservation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

The kind and caring stafff are the only reason HIE South Fresno gets this rating. I stayed three nights in a King Suite that overlooked the freeway. The room was directly over the front entrance to the hotel.

I made an unexpected family related emergency trip to Fresno and didn't have a reservation so I paid full price. I checked in and put my things in the room and left. I returned later in the evening and had the worst night without sleep due to the noise from the freeway. Early the next morning I requested to change to any room facing east and was told there were NO other rooms available. The following day I made the same request with the same answer The front desk staff were very nice.and I was under so much stress that I didn't put up much of a fight. If I had been in my normal state of mind I would have packed up after the first night and left.

On my long journey home I realized that the hotel (the hallways, the lobby, the pool, breakfast room and the gym) had been pretty much empty the entire three days. I came to the only conclusion that I can think of is the front desk staff were told by management not to let me change rooms because I had a service dog.

I generally don't review things in a publc forum and definitely not in a negative way. But weeks later I am still thinking about my experience at this facility. THREE nights of no sleep because I had a service dog that someone thought would damage their rooms. My dog is cleaner than most people and is bathed every other day for the very reason that he enters public places.

The desk staff, house keepers, security guy (who walked with me at night to take my dog out) and the maintence guy (who came to fix the over heated air conditioner0 were some of the nicest people I have had the privledge of meeting. I hope the management realizes what great employees they have and that is the only reason they stay in business.

I did come into brief contact with the hotel manager at check out and was shocked at her rudeness and disconcern. This HIE has lost myi future business . There are many other hotels in Fresno in the same price range that can accomodate me, my family and friends in the future.

Room Tip: If for some reason you have no other options stay on the east side of the building that overlooks th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family