“Inexpensive, Quick, Delicious” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 1,080 Restaurants in Fresno
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Los Angeles, CA
“Inexpensive, Quick, Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I had a casual lunch meeting at this local restaurant. The service was quick and efficient, and the food was excellent.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars

“Best local lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I have the urge for Mediterranean food for lunch this is where I go when downtown. Get here early as it is mobbed with people who work downtown. The portions are large, the prices fair, what more could you ask with delicious food guaranteed.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Unique - Authentic - Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

This is my overwhelming favorite for lunch, and it's a lunch only deal. This is a rare bird where 100% of the entrees are excellent. I don't believe there is a single can there; everything is market fresh. The chicken, lulu lavosh, kebab orbs, gyros are all cooked just right for tenderness, and spiced well, and in balance. The pilaf is better than Mom's...sorry, as are the dolmas, and baklava...sorry again. Quantities are enormous, and if you go out hungry, it's your fault! Plenty of parking across the street, and the brief walk serves to stimulate the appetite, and work off the meal. An excellent place for a lunch date, or a business lunch. Service is impeccable, under the Leary, all seeing eye of the owner, who sees everything! My favorite, by the way: the vegetarian plate - you get hummus, babaganoush, pita, dolmas, pasta, bulgur salad, fatoush salad, and falafel with a tasty sauce.

1 Thank Illhaveanotherplease
Fort Worth, Texas
“Get the hummus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I had time to kill in Fresno before catching a flight so we stopped by Mediterranean Grill & Cafe (about 10 minutes from the airport). Fortunately they open early (10:30am) so we didn't have to wait and we narrowly missed the crowd--if you're in a hurry, 10:30-11am seemed to be a good time to go. Their hummus was AMAZING! I was expecting good Mediterranean food after reading reviews for the restaurant, but this was seriously delicious! I had the shawarma and my husband had the combo kebab--we would recommend both! The prices were surprisingly low for such great food. We plan on returning soon!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Best Mediterranean food I've had in years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch while in town for work, my coworkers recommended almost everything on the menu but I chose the shawarma because I haven't had one since moving to the east coast 16 years ago. My meal was a flavor explosion, the shawarma with tahini served with lightly grilled zucchini and a delicious rice pilaf. I couldn't help admiring the neighbor's dish of stir fried chicken with garlic sauce, rice pilaf and salad. I will definitely be sure to visit Fresno more often so I can sample more from the mouth watering menu.

• 3 of 5 stars