New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Delicious Peruvian cuisine in Central California” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Limon

Limon
Ranked #154 of 1,089 Restaurants in Fresno
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Auberry
“Delicious Peruvian cuisine in Central California”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Our favorite restaurant for special occasions, Limon offers traditional Peruvian dishes made with fresh ingredients and a California sensibility. Atmosphere in their new location (94155 N Fort Washington) is classy.

• Visited April 2013

Fresno, California
“Great Peruvian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to Limon, on our way home from the Madera Wine Tour. We had Gregory for our server - attentive, courteous and pleasant. Food was uniquely spiced (we sampled appetizers, salad, and entree -- plenty to share)! We plan to return soon. Try the appetizer Empanada's de Pollo!! Excellent!

Visited May 2013
“Tasty food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I always have the rib eye steak with extra chimichurri sauce. I'm in heaven when I eat it. Wait staff are very cordial and efficient and there's no waiting around for someone to help you.

Visited January 2013
Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,199 helpful votes
“Amazingly delicious!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This place was like the last choice due to our tardiness in making reservations for valentine day, our main pick was Flemings but of course booked, so here was the only one available, keep in mind that most people have seen me in the discovery channel so I do know about food, and wine, We started we some drinks like usual, not too impress with the bartender though, I think that he could do better regardless if he was by himself on a busy night, I got to see the manager and that's the way it should be in any restaurant, able to also talk to them, our waitress Nicole was very attentive but not intrusive and she did offer the special, but I wanted to taste something I saw in their menu, so I started with the chicharron de pollo! Very good tasted and great lime vinaigrette, also tried the soup of the day, cilantro rice with chicken and vegetables! My table was happy with that soup. Then we had the churrasco a la parrilla, now here I did order medium rare and actually came in medium well, but I was able to over look that because the chef did awesome on the Cabernet Demi-glacé! And something I don't find so often in Fresno but is very popular, potatoes!! LIMON actually cook the potatoes in a way that they taste really awesome! Just great and to top it off, they made tasty asparagus that were actually delicious! Over all my plate was awesome, I also got to taste the Seco Cordero and I must say this pachamanca braise lamb shank came in totally hot and the taste was great, it tasted like they marinated the lamb for hours! Which gives a fantastic flavor! After all that we were able to have some dessert, their coffee flavor crème brûlée and the bread pudding! Now here is why I mentioned Flemings! The food there taste good and always had a great experience but for the price I just don't think is that awesome! Here at LIMON, the food is at the same level but more for the budget! In personal view I don't care for the money but only the flavor and here the flavors are to high standards! I do recommend this place! I had a great time!!

7 Thank MONTYHADES
Highway City, California, United States
“Tremendous, inventive cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I really love Limon. The food is very well prepared, and features unique taste profiles you won't find anywhere else. Well. I guess if you went to South America, but that quite a drive....

Visited November 2012

Been to Limon? Share your experiences!