“Great Peruvian Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Limon

Limon
Ranked #72 of 1,120 Restaurants in Fresno
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fresno, California
“Great Peruvian Food”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our visit to Limon, on our way home from the Madera Wine Tour. We had Gregory for our server - attentive, courteous and pleasant. Food was uniquely spiced (we sampled appetizers, salad, and entree -- plenty to share)! We plan to return soon. Try the appetizer Empanada's de Pollo!! Excellent!

Visited May 2013

“Tasty food”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I always have the rib eye steak with extra chimichurri sauce. I'm in heaven when I eat it. Wait staff are very cordial and efficient and there's no waiting around for someone to help you.

Visited January 2013
Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,212 helpful votes
“Amazingly delicious!!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

This place was like the last choice due to our tardiness in making reservations for valentine day, our main pick was Flemings but of course booked, so here was the only one available, keep in mind that most people have seen me in the discovery channel so I do know about food, and wine, We started we some drinks like usual, not too impress with the bartender though, I think that he could do better regardless if he was by himself on a busy night, I got to see the manager and that's the way it should be in any restaurant, able to also talk to them, our waitress Nicole was very attentive but not intrusive and she did offer the special, but I wanted to taste something I saw in their menu, so I started with the chicharron de pollo! Very good tasted and great lime vinaigrette, also tried the soup of the day, cilantro rice with chicken and vegetables! My table was happy with that soup. Then we had the churrasco a la parrilla, now here I did order medium rare and actually came in medium well, but I was able to over look that because the chef did awesome on the Cabernet Demi-glacé! And something I don't find so often in Fresno but is very popular, potatoes!! LIMON actually cook the potatoes in a way that they taste really awesome! Just great and to top it off, they made tasty asparagus that were actually delicious! Over all my plate was awesome, I also got to taste the Seco Cordero and I must say this pachamanca braise lamb shank came in totally hot and the taste was great, it tasted like they marinated the lamb for hours! Which gives a fantastic flavor! After all that we were able to have some dessert, their coffee flavor crème brûlée and the bread pudding! Now here is why I mentioned Flemings! The food there taste good and always had a great experience but for the price I just don't think is that awesome! Here at LIMON, the food is at the same level but more for the budget! In personal view I don't care for the money but only the flavor and here the flavors are to high standards! I do recommend this place! I had a great time!!

7 Thank MONTYHADES
Highway City, California, United States
“Tremendous, inventive cuisine”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I really love Limon. The food is very well prepared, and features unique taste profiles you won't find anywhere else. Well. I guess if you went to South America, but that quite a drive....

Visited November 2012
“Great atmosphere now and the same great food”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

They have carpeted the floor in the past month and it make a world of difference. You can hear yourself think now. The food is still fabulous with great Peruvian flavors. The Peruvian beer is also very interesting and tastful. The front desk and wait staff is very courteous and well informed about the menu. I think it is best to try out the different appetizers, the pork crop and petole sole are wonderful dishes. Save some room for the chocolate desert. It is on my list of restaurants worth frequenting regularly.

• Visited January 2013

Been to Limon? Share your experiences!