“Fun Place for Dinner”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had a great dinner with friends, the food was great but the service was a little slow. I had to flag down the waiter two different times for drink refills.

1  Thank Shelleym18

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I've been to a few sushi joints in town but this is my favorite. Good portions, decent price and friendly staff. I like sitting at the sushi bar and letting the chefs make me anything they want, based on what I like of course. I highly recommend this place. James is my favorite sushi chef. He rocks!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I have been 3 time in Fresno and always eat there. The place is located in the north suburbs of Fresno, it is large and always busy. I suggest reservations even if you eat at the bar. It has also a teppanyaki section, which I didn't try. I go there for the sushi/sashimi which is as innovative as I have seen anywhere. The design rolls as Orange Blossom, Drunken Richard are such a pleasure to watch and to eat. Sashimi is also fresh and well presented. I sit at the bar which is staffed by four chefs and it is a pleasure seen them preparing great masterpieces. There is a decent selection of sake, draft beer and wine. It is also surprisingly inexpensive for the quality of fish and the preparation.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I really enjoy the variety of sushi rolls they have here. Often we challenge the sushi chefs to create something and we are never disappointed. I am never disappointed here. I am very particular with my sushi and find those that have been around a long time are here for a reason.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Happened to be back in town and friend took us there. It was just as great as the first time.

It was also busy. Wait was not bad for no reservations and they were really nice trying to accommodate us.

I would get a reservation (both times it was very busy) if you have the time but be sure to eat there either way!

Been to Sakura Chaya? Share your experiences!