“Best Steak in Town”
Review of Yosemite Ranch

Yosemite Ranch
Ranked #6 of 1,177 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: NE Corner of Cedar and Shepherd
Description: Yosemite Ranch Steak, Seafood, and Roast House. With over 25 years of experience this Fresno Steakhouse offers the best complete steak dinner (includes salad, choice of fries, baked potato, pilaf or mashers, and pan seared green beans) in town. All recipes are made from scratch, each steak is aged 21 days and then grilled over coastal red oak. Curbside Express available for pick up.
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Had the best New York steak here, wife had the best filet minon

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Even at 1:15 PM on a holiday, they were willing to accommodate us. They set a booth for seven (2 children) by taking out a divider between two booths for 4. This worked well, allowing for family conversation. Our waitress was friendly and helpful. The menu selection was excellent, with children's choices including French fries or mashed potatoes and drink. For the adults there was a choice of lighter fare, or their full menu. The halibut, ribs, chicken, and shrimp were excellent. The price for the 7 of us was just over $100. We felt this was a good value for a nice Fathers' day family gathering.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

We began going here after moving back to the Fresno area two years ago. A relative told us about this restaurant and knew that we enjoyed good food and service. So far this has been our best dining out experience in Fresno.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

I went to Yosemite Ranch based on a friend's recommendation on a Thursday night. Thankfully, I had the foresight to make a reservation using OpenTable, as I overheard the couple in front of me being told that there was a 90 minute wait for a table, since there was going to be live music that night.
I was seated after about a 5 minute wait, and got to look at the menu. It's an extensive menu with a lot of choices! The server was fairly attentive, but did have to come back on three different occasions to ask me something about my order that she had apparently forgotten or didn't write down.
When my entree came out, I was surprised that my appetizer hadn't come out yet--but it came out about a minute after my entree--apparently she'd ordered it as an "add-on", not as the appetizer.
The last note is that -- after I finished my meal and she left the check behind, service got very slow. It took her 15 minutes to come back and get my credit card and almost 10 minutes to return it.

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This is our "fallback" restaurant when we want a better than average meal but don't want to break the bank. Great atmosphere, good service, and a wide variety on the menu. Noticed they've added a few items from the Pismo restaurant, (which I believe has common ownership). A favorite for many in town -- can be crowded at peak times.