“Quiet, friendly staff, great price for the quality”

Hampton Inn Fremont
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Hollister, California
“Quiet, friendly staff, great price for the quality”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Took my son to a Quinceanera he was invited to and planned on staying overnight rather than drive him home late after a long day. The hotel across the street from the celebration was at the top range of what I wanted to pay and did not have great reviews. So, I searched elsewhere. This hotel had high ratings and by far the best price for the quality to boot! Staff on phone was friendly and helpful. At check in, staff was cheerful which was a nice contrast to how tired I felt. I asked for a quiet room so we could get a good rest and was thoughtfully given a room in a quiet corner close by so I didn't even have to walk far before I could settle down to relax a bit before having to go out again to pick up my son after the party. He forgot his toothbrush and razor so we asked for some at the front desk. The clerk asked if we would also be needing toothpaste and shaving cream. Again, very thoughtful staff. Check in was quick, room was very clean, bathroom toiletries are better than average, and even thought there was a desk in our room, we appreciated the lap desk which made using a laptop in bed more comfortable. My son slept well better than I did but I am a restless sleeper and still got a decent night's sleep. Breakfast was fine and, really the only thing that could be better was the sausage and eggs. Eggs were too salty without me adding any to them myself. And, the sausage seemed a little too homogenous in texture and bland for my taste so they did not strike me as very high quality. I enjoyed my oatmeal and breakfast beverage much better. For me, what go us in the door was the overall quality rating listed on my hotel search ap and the great price compared to other hotels in the area. The quality of our stay and the friendly, thoughtful staff made me happy with my decision to stay here. Bonus that the business area it is in struck me as a safe, quiet area. I feel good about recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Wa, United States
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Check in was easy. Extremely helpful staff went out of their way to assist use. Hotel and general and rooms were very clean. They provided good breakfast that was superior to most of the hotel offerings. Would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Great Missenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Good value hotel, well kept and well managed. Great location right next to the freeway.

Room was reasonable size with very comfortable king bed and best shower we found on our entire two week trip.

With internet access, breakfast and parking included the Hampton Inn represents very good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side to the freeway
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Nipomo, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This Hampton Inn is clean and the staff is friendly. The price was right for a 2 night stay which included a hot breakfast. There is only one staff at night so I had to wait outside at midnight for someone to open the door so I could check in. There is a lot of waiting around for the front desk when the sole clerk has to deliver or attend to something in a guest room. Otherwise we had a very good experience. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Sacramento, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Room was comfortable and clean and a good value for the rate - especially as it included a decent breakfast with lots of options. My room was right next to the elevator but I NEVER heard any mechanical noises during my whole stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Petaluma
Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you're traveling for work in the South Bay, Fremont hotels are often available and cheaper. The problem is that heading south on 880 in the morning isn't going to be fun. That said, this is a nice option. It appears new. The bed/desk/etc was all typical Hampton Inn. Big rooms. Decent amenities. The Wi-Fi was disappointingly slow (< 1Mbps) and the wired was the same. And the Wi-Fi did max out in the evening at one point and stop responding. That said, I'll be back whenever forced to by the other hotels either being sold out or priced above what my boss is willing to pay. A perfectly nice option.

Ice machines all worked. Breakfast in the morning was decent. Place was quiet, nestled in behind the Hyatt Place you can see from the highway.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 21, 2014

I picked this hotel on a short notice business trip due to others closer to my business needs being sold out. I arrived very late and the staff we super friendly and accommodating. The breakfast wasn't the best.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business