“Won't Go Extra Mile”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Pasadena, California
“Won't Go Extra Mile”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Senior Marriott Rewards members made two night weekend reservation for pleasure trip to Bay Area. Unfortunately, our flight to Oakland Airport (and reserved rental car) was delayed hours due to mechanical trouble, but airline offered a last minute flight into nearby San Jose Airport. Before accepting San Jose flight, I phoned hotel front desk to inquire about a special request for airport to hotel pick up assistance from hotel shuttle. Female Asst. Front Desk Mgr. was totally uninterested, uncaring and unhelpful. She made it clear that the hotel shuttle would not go the extra few miles to assist and outright said that we should "take a cab". When I mentioned that we may just end up cancelling our entire hotel reservation and trip, she let me know that would be perfectly fine. And, sorry to say, that is exactly what we ended up doing. Too much hassle!!!

Those employees who work for a major player in the "hospitality industry" should at least be trained in demonstrating a hospitable attitude. Hotel should not claim it is a "Full Service" property when it is not prepared to accommodate a few extra miles in an emergency or unexpected travel mishap. A little more consideration and concern for guest convenience and well being would have been appreciated and would have gone a long way to smooth the unpredictable situation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando C, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Please accept my sincere apologies for being unable to accommodate your need for an airport shuttle, especially after such a long journey. We can assure you that we have shared your candid feedback with our Front Office team, and emphasized the need to be creative offering solutions for our guests. I hope that you will have the opportunity to experience our hotel during your next visit to Silicon Valley as I would love to personally ensure you have a memorable stay. Please let me know the best way to reach you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
NYC
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Stayed one weekend night recently and the room was clean and all pretty standard Marriott quality. There was a wedding reception being hosted, so the lobby was a little loud, but floors were quiet enough, so no complaints there. The bar is really nice, and the bartenders were great.

Things go sideways with the front desk clerk. Who was pretty clueless and gave me misinformation about some hotel amenities, which caused an inconvenience to me. This by itself is no big deal, but I dropped an email to Marriott corporate just letting them know that this person should probably have information updated for her. Not expecting much else, I probably would have given the hotel 4/5 at this point.
At this point however, Marriott Corporate forwards my email to the hotel, and I get an apology from a staff member at the Fremont Marriott. Very nice service. However, as part of this reply from the hotel, he offers a token of appreciation in the form of some Marriott Rewards points. I email him back, thanking him for the generosity. Then hear nothing, and no points in my Rewards account. A few weeks go by, and I sent a follow up email letting him know that I never received any points. Still no reply, and no points. Now I'm frustrated.

Basically, quality of the hotel is fine, and I appreciate that someone reached out to me about my issue, but why would you promise a tangible gift, then never follow-up on it? It leaves a sour taste in the customer's mouth. This hotel would have scored higher if they had ignored me, but instead botched up an apology and made things worse.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PBearDiver
Orlando C, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, I am sorry to hear of your experience at the Marriott Fremont Silicon Valley and disappointed that your were not granted what was promised.

Since I am not sure which manager you spoke with regarding your issue if I can ask that you reach out to our Director of Sales/Marketing at 510-413-3774 so we may resolve your situation correctly.

Orlando Carrasquillo
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed November 5, 2013

About what you'd expect from an American FS Marriott. I'm spoiled by asian FS Marriotts, so this doesn't really impress me. I'm a plat, so they treat me pretty well. Lounge upstairs exists, but is super small, and snack selection is weak. Rooms are almost precisely what you get at a Courtyard.

Like Jon Stewart says: It was .... fine.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Petaluma, California
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We were here to celebrate our anniversary. Every hotel staff member greeted us wherever we were in the hotel. Every member seemed to go out of their way to give you a special feeling. My wife and I always have and will be loyal to the Marriott Brand. The Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley is a perfect example of a brand deserving our loyalty. We had a suite with an extremely comfortable bed. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando C, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for the great comments about our staff and hotel. We truly value customers that notice our sprirt to host our guest brilliantly.
Brandon, MS
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This place was booked solid but we got lucky and were able to get in last minute due to cancellations. The hotel is nice, has $10 valet, and a usual concierge lounge. The restaurant at the hotel looked nice, though I didn't eat there. Beds are comfy as usual for a full service Marriott.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great comments and happy you had a wonderful stay. Come back and see us soon!
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We used the Fremont Marriott for our wedding hotel block. We reserved 10 rooms without a deposit and received a great weekend rate for our guests. Their coordinator was easy to get a hold of through email and worked with us to also reserve the shuttle to bring our guests to and from the reception site. There was a little snafu upon check-in where our rooms were not ready by the guaranteed check-in time, and they offered us breakfast vouchers and champagne/strawberries. Our guests commented on how clean and well maintained the rooms were. Great experience!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

A lovely clean spacious hotel ideally located for business in Fremont - all the staff were very attentive morning, noon and night making for a great week. Breakfast was pletyful and varied, a nice small gym and pool if you fancy a quick work out.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Good Nite Inn Fremont
Good Nite Inn Fremont
#5 of 19 in Fremont
Courtyard Fremont Silicon Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fremont / Silicon Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont

Been to Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!