“Best Marriott Hands Down!!”

Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We stay here anywhere from 2-4 times a year to travel to Fremont for conventions and this is the PLACE TO STAY! Upon arrival, I asked if we were confirmed for a corner room (you want a quiet, larger room-this is what u ask for; plus I had been fighting the flu for about 24 hours and was not feeling the best). While David at the front desk feverishly looked for a corner room, he immediately sent Ivan out to my car so my wife wouldn't have to unload our belongings. Not having luck, he said he was looking for at least a room at the end of the hall so I could have a quiet room. After verifying a couple things, he called me over and graciously said that he was upgrading us to the Concierge level on the 10th floor at no additional charge since it was the last corner room available. He said we would be able to take advantage of some of the concierge amenities since we were staying until Monday. When I called room service that evening, Margaret (I think that was her name) did everything in her power to accommodate our food needs and even offered to send up some Pepto Bismo or Tums from the lobby market, which was really special. Upon returning to our hotel this evening, David asked how I was feeling and if there was anything he could get for me. I know this is a really personal experience but u have to know that no matter what, you will get 5+ star service. You truly get a Four Seasons treatment on a budget.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank jamaicabitty
Orlando C, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I hope this message finds you feeling better and I am very glad to hear David and Margaret made you feel special. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife, 4 year-old, eight week-old, & I stayed here for New Year's Eve. Our room was a suite on the 5th floor, which is not much bigger than most modern hotel rooms but had a hide-a-bed couch.

The good:
Price, parking, cleanliness, staff service/attitude, workout area, indoor swimming pool/pool lounging area, complimentary breakfast buffet. I must emphasize that the staff were top-shelf - warm and very responsive. Elevators are nice and fast.

The just so-so:
Location is remote unless you are on business. (You must have a car.) Fantastic pool has very high level of chlorine - after 2 short swims my family all looked sunburned. Hide-a-bed mattress was very uncomfortable, so much that a 32-lb kid put the kibosh on sleeping on it. Most folks have to pay $13 a night for wi-fi in an age when every McDonalds has it for free.

The bad:
I wanted to have the pool to myself but, many other people had the same idea as me to get a hotel with warm indoor pool for NYE! All the same this stay was great and we will be back next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elpollorojo
Reviewed December 23, 2012

If you have rental car great pace to stay. Central to lots of paces within 10 miles for business. I stay here often. Great staff, nice rooms easy on and off of I880. Easy access to 237 to Mountain view or 880 to San Jose airport

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank PorscheBoxster
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for one night in October for a meeting and it was a great experience. Room was clean, comfortable and the staff was very friendly. Catering for the meeting was great and everyone enjoyed the food and drink. I believe this hotel was recently updated and it showed. Put this on your list of places to consider if you are looking for a hotel in the area.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fiftyonefifty
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 4 star review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed there for one night on the weekend and got a terrific rate. I was skeptical as the lobby was extremely noisy and I'm a light sleeper. Well, we got a room overlooking the parking lot. The AC was so quiet, I barely knew it was on. The bed was extremely comfortable and we rec'd feather pillows at the request of my husband. I would stay there again on the weekend. (the weekday rate is much too high for us.) the staff was awesome, even going back to check the fridge when I left my not so cheap water bottle there. My husband really liked the fitness center and we tried the restaurant on another occasion. It seems like this property caters to lots of events so it may sell out quickly. I would recommend it and stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room and if available, you'll get one. The weekend rate is much cheaper....
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank misha_lover

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your comments and thank you for the 5 star review on Trip Advisor.

Sincerely

Reviewed November 1, 2012

My stay at the Marriot Fremont Silicon Valley, was by far one the best
experiences I had in my many travels. First of all the room is quiet spacious.
The bed is beyond comfortable, where you just don't want to get out of bed.
The bathrooms are larger then your typical hotel chain. The workout facility is equipped with several cardio machines, as well as weights, which comes in handy.
Next, the indoor pool is descently sized, and the temperature is well maintained.
Next the restaurant is perfect if your looking for an upscale dining experience, or a quick drink at the bar, while watching a ball game. Although this hotel is rated at 3.5 stars, it should be 4 stars or more all the way. The staff is very accomodating, which makes you want to return. I would recommend this hotel, for people who are looking for stays close to the Silicon Valley or San Jose Area. Parking is free, and theirs wifi in the lobby area.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank travelking1977

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the 5 star review on Trip Advisor.

Sincerely

Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am coctantly amazed at the quality and service and this hotel.

Positives:
Great staff - Very Acommmodating - Many smiles
Warm indoor pool and Spa
Very Clean
Feather of feather free pillows and room set up
Terrific bar and lobby social area
Ongoing renovations to stay current
Same Day Dry Cleaning
Multi-media Flat Screen TV Interface
Excellent Breakfast buffet
In-room Coffee makers

Neutral:
Rooms have new carpet, case goods are very satisfactory, not luxurious
Usually adequate parking - Special events at the large ballroom can stress availability
Exercise machines and workout room has adequate aerobics equip, limited weight machines
Few "Great Items" on the Dinner Menu (healthy, fresh, low fat/sodium) - Although it's a diverse mix of "bar, comfort, and contemporary cuisine" - offering breakfast foods already on-site 24/7 might solve the problem by offering yogurt, cereal, omelette, and fruit at dinner/room service.

Negative:
Only the top two floors have magnifying mirrors in the bathrooms - needed in all rooms
Hotel is often sold-out with many regular clients and groups - Reserve early
Hotel is full of Platinum Guests - you will be "ordinary" but treated well
Rates keep going up - Rightfully
Back door is manual to garage and can be difficult to maneuver luggage through
OK - I AM STRETCHING TO FIND NEGATIVES - THIS PLACE IS GREAT

I wish this hotel had more space to expand. With a larger workout area and a few other small touches (upgraded room furnishings, and other items above) this place deserves five "Circles."

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Laundry room is on 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Serendipityquest
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 4 star review on Trip Advisor. Your comments are appreciated and we have passed on your suggestions to our Director of Rooms and Chief Engineer. We look forward to your return visit.