La Quinta Inn & Suites Fremont / Silicon Valley
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the La Qunita Inn in Fremont. The hotel was in a good location for my purposes. It was nice but not wonderful. The staff was friendly, and the room was fairly clean (the shower could have used some scrubbing). There was a Marriott next door that looked really nice but probably significantly more in price. It did have a breakfast...but mainly carbs so not much help for me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed over night in Fremont for a fun weekend. We had our dog with us and our 18month old. We stayed in a King suite in room 231 which was a great location for a room. We were on the very far side of the hotel on the second floor up. Lets talk about the pros first : Great room location, windows on two sides of the hotel room because we were the last room (although one window was facing the Marriott staff smoking area). The room lay out was good. Had doors into the bedroom from the living area, which was great for our little one when we put him to bed. Flat screen TV's in both the living area and bedroom. The pool area was nice. Had a great garden area with gazebo. (except for all the smokers out there) The internet worked right away and I didn't have to hassle with it. They have a little tiny "store" there to buy things like hot pockets or cup o noodles. Cons: The lady that checked us in was saying things like, " Only one more person to show up, and I can go home." and " I get off in an hour" So she clearly didn't want to be there. Right when we walked in our room, it smelled very strange. The room was Dirty! The bathroom had double doors, which locked with a hinge. The lock looked like someone had never cleaned it...BROWN with hand prints. The area around the tissue paper where people grab looked the same way. There were no trash bags in any of the garbage cans. The floor had specks of things in the carpet. The bathroom floor was dirty also with hairs, and smudges. The circular mirror hanging over the couch had huge hand prints all over it. The whole room was terrible. Then the TV in the living area about blew you out of the room when you turned it on because it was so loud (set up to 40). This happened every time you turned it on. There was no freezer in the little fridge, which we use for our ice packs for our cooler. Then when you walked to the pool area, the carpet was dirty with specks and dirt on the way there also. I actually watched a house keeper vacuuming...and all I can say is they need a new vacuum. Thing wasn't picking up anything from the floor. Then if that wasn't bad enough, the ice from the ice machine had "things" in it. Gross contaminated things, like they had never cleaned out the ice machine....So gross. We went and bought ice at the gas station when we left. On top of all of that, the breakfast was the worst I have ever seen. Our choices were cold hard boiled eggs, white toast (no other types of toast at all), white bagels, one kind of yogurt, dry cereal, apples, and waffles. They had orange juice and coffee. Instant oatmeal if you wanted it. I have been to a lot of Laquinta's and they at least have different types of bread, or pastries, different types of yogurt, other fruit besides apples. It felt like these guys just threw out some old stuff they didn't want and we were suppose to eat it. I will not be going back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room 231 was very quiet, but filthy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank abracabubble
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My experience here was worst I have ever had in La Quinta Inns. Price is high, probably because of the near by high tech companies. But what you get is not worth it.

The building has five stories and has one of the slowest elevators I have used. It's faster to walk the stairs up. Whole building smelled odd, maybe something they use to clean the carpet. I think I smelled tobacco in the corridor. The room doors block hardly any noise between the corridor and rooms.

The building is just along I-880, but quite quiet even on the freeway side.

I had to call twice to the frontdesk so that they managed to make a tech guy to call me. And only after second call the tech guy managed to reboot the hotel's network equipment so that the wifi started to work. This took over an hour.

The breakfast was ok: Waffles, toasts, oatmeal, even some fruits.

Room Tip: Away from the freeway is probably more quiet. Lower levels you don't need to wait for the elevat...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank z0range
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed twice in August for business. Good value for the area, but sells out quick.

Rooms are good size and comfortable. especially for a la quinta, they are better than expected. Could use a good scrub and a little paint , but generally nice. The guy next door to me was hacking up a furball half the night and the hallway noise was a little loud. Neither of those are the hotels fault.

Breakfast is a little weak. Yogurt, bagels and waffles. I was dying for a piece of fruit by day 3! Bagels were fresh though, I appreciate that.

The only real criticism I have is the damn dogs. This is the second hotel I've stayed in in the last month that lets dogs in. Ick. The idea of sleeping in a room that someone else's dog peed in makes me want to puke.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a king room. Good bedding and pillows. Extra pillows a nice touch. Large, clean, well-appointed room. Breakfast was a step-up continental. Waffles a hit, but very popular, so a little wait in line. Only thing they need to improve on is the coffee, very weak and bland. Good front desk service. Overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: We were over the pool (away from the highway). Pool was little used so it was quiet.
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A surprise find in San Jose area. It is a little out of the way but every easy to get in an out. Everything a traveler need are close by. There is a Chevron gas station right by the hotel which has one of the lowest gas price I found. There are a strip mall full of restaurants by the freeway off ramp. The room is spacious and clean. Noises inside the building is minimum even with several dogs in some of the rooms. Good breakfast selections. Try to take your breakfast a little later to avoid the Chinese tour group pouring into the dinning area right around 7 am because they have to depart by 8. The quality of the breakfast can match Marriott's Springhills line.

Room Tip: Ask for the room away from the freeway.