“Overall hotel is nice.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fremont / Silicon Valley
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed here for 6 nights. Good rooms ( well lit, clean etc). I actually like the home screen on TV which has sound of waves - can be soothing to a tired traveller like myself, I slept well.
Parking was not a problem. Breakfast is decent, it just gets crowded (like any other hotel) during peak times. Would be nice to provide some fresh fruits and Oatmeal as part of breakfast, as I see that being offered in other hotels I stay at. Fresh Waffles is a nice touch.
I was not too happy about internet speeds, was slow could not facetime with my family the whole trip. I feel that the hotel is huge, and when running high on occupancy the wifi points are being used to limits. you might need to switch to a higher bandwidth.
I think you can do better on the gym as well. the day i used it, the TV was not working, the HVAC did not seem to be operational, and I have to go to lobby for a towel. Gym experience was basically bad.
I also think you need more staff at front desk, several times he was on the phone with some guest, as well as had 2-3 La qunita guests waiting in line to get some questions clarified.
Finally, I cut short my stay in LQ because their guest laundry service was not operational. I was told they are putting more machines in there hence there is construction work going on there. But, I was in CA for 2 weeks, and had to move to another hotel in middle of the week because I needed laundry. I was told to go to a public laundromat. I might have taken the option if I was given a free credit, as a token for having your guests go outside the hotel to get their clothes laundered. There were two of us travellers, so you basically lost about $2000 business ( we had to stay in bay area 6 more nights)!
I also feel you need to get a COPORATE rate with some of the larger companies in the area.
As I was visiting for two different vendors, they were able to suggest some hotels which had corporate rates lower that what you charged. My stay was more enjoyable with those hotels.
I will come back and stay if the more popular chains are sold out.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Fremont / Silicon Valley

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed here during our recent visit to the area. We rented one of the larger rooms that has separate living room and bed rooms at the end of the halls. Very quiet and comfortable room.

Building was undergoing construction / updating on a couple of the floors but that did not have any affect on us.

The hotel is located right off Fremont Blvd and is pretty well situated near a very nice shopping area with plenty of dining options. You're right off the interstate and therefore can easily get going to where you need to be.

From the pet standpoint though, there's some green area located around the long sides of the hotel but other than that, it's pretty much a concrete covered area in general since there is plenty of modern construction (hotels, businesses, etc.). Still, not bad overall.

Enjoy!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed there for 1 night on our way to San Francisco, we got a great deal, especially since breakfast was included. We were 2 families so that saved us some time and money. The room was very nice and clean, beds were comfy. There was some construction going on but it didn't bother us. I thought it was strange hearing dogs barking on the floor when we got off the elevator but they were far enough from our room that i couldn't hear or smell them. For the price i am giving it 4 stars! Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: we asked for room on otherside of freeway.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lovetospend
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I booked a room at he Fremont LaQuinta for a business trip to the San Jose CA area. I was hesitant about La Quinta as they can be a little worn and run down. This property was in great condition and priced reasonable. The executive king room was large room w/ a refrig, microwave, sofa sleeper and looked recently remodeled. The staff was very nice and helpful. The bed was comfortable and the room and bathroom very clean. I would defintely stay there again. As a bonus,since I sometime travel w/ my dog, pets are allowed w/o a pet fee.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank MarkBFresnoCA
Reviewed January 27, 2012

We booked here for 2 days for business and had to add a third night because we had more work to do. We added the third night (only due to the convinience of it), and the lady at the front desk who had some attitude problem said she will send someone up for cleaning. Since we didnt get the cleaning done the day before, we really needed this, and also because a client was going to come at 3.
We left the motel a little before 11, and I saw the cleaning guy so I asked him specifically to please have the room cleaned by 1. He looked at his chart and said he wasnt scheduled to clean that room so I told him we just added another night this morning and thats probably why he doesnt have it. he said he will call downstairs and remind someone.
we came back around 2:15 because the client was coming in a bit early, around 2:30. and the room wasnt done. We called downstairs and the lady was very rude about this. We explained a client was to come in 15 min, and she was like she will call the cleaning person to get it done. We told her we have no time for this, can we get a different room, and there was a pause for about 3 seconds and she arrogantly said, "come on down."
So I did, and again she was really rude and basically threw the room keys in front of me. The room she gave me was on the same floor, and at opposite end. we couldnt move everything in 15 min so we only moved samples we were to show our client. And after the client left, I went back to the old room quickly, and started moving. That old room was still uncleaned, but 2 dollars we left on the pillow in the morning were gone. So I guess they were quick on taking the tip but not on cleaning.
We were done transferring all the stuff over by 5:30 pm and I called front desk again to let them know we moved everything out and left old keys in the old room. The rude lady then said "good" and hung up the phone.
in the morning, I saw a receipt with a new room number. since they screw up so much even with simple cleaning, I went down stairs to ask they didnt double charge. the rude lady again was rude, this time very condesending and almost yelling, "you moved your room so I gave you a new receipt. I didnt double charge" as if it was MY fault that we moved rooms.
This just happened 30 min ago, and I came back to the room to write this. I am going down to talk with the manager after 9 am. the reason I gave 2 stars is because 1 star because of breakfast, and 1 more star because it was cheap here (it was $75 / night on hotwire, and $95 for the third night we added).

Room Tip: this motel is right next to a freeway, stay in odd numbered rooms especially if you are in lower flo...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dooshimi c
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My first experience with La Quiunta:
-Booked a room with Hotwire, the hotel assigned me a room with double beds, I requested a king room but they would not give it without another $55, they would not budge even after Hotwire called them for me, offered no explanation other than "policy"...most hotels would work with a customer.
-Dirty carpet and doors in hallways
-My wife found hairs in the bathroom
-Overall very low quality room, just felt dirty
-Remote control didn't work
-Went to use the spa and it was closed along with the pool
-The 3 star rating on hotwire should not have applied
-I had a hard time sleeping with freeway noise on our side of the building

This hotel has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I will never return. I will also always avoid a La Quinta no matter where I go.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Timothy P
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed two weeks for work at the La Quinta in Fremont, Ca and this is what I experienced. Everyday the cleaners forgot to restock the coffee creamer supply's, the soap and shampoo was never restocked till the second week. Laundry bags never replaced. I wrote a nice note to remind the room cleaners but to no avail. The front desk told me to write it in Spanish. Running toilet took two days to fix. If the hotel is full you have to have the water run 20 min before it runs hot, found out after the maintenance man and I determined the boiler was broke. Tv channels out. Wake up call either didn't call or was 30 min late. Fridge either froze everything or didn't work. Black hair all over bathrooms. Worst thing was I got off work late and realized the maids left my door opened leaving all my belongings unsecured. The only good thing about the hotel was the gentleman who sets up the breakfast. He will set it up early if he knows you have to leave before 6 am. Very nice man. All in all, a very bad experience.

• Stayed: October 2011