“Very unpleasant experience”

Lodi, California
“Very unpleasant experience”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My first experience with La Quiunta:
-Booked a room with Hotwire, the hotel assigned me a room with double beds, I requested a king room but they would not give it without another $55, they would not budge even after Hotwire called them for me, offered no explanation other than "policy"...most hotels would work with a customer.
-Dirty carpet and doors in hallways
-My wife found hairs in the bathroom
-Overall very low quality room, just felt dirty
-Remote control didn't work
-Went to use the spa and it was closed along with the pool
-The 3 star rating on hotwire should not have applied
-I had a hard time sleeping with freeway noise on our side of the building

This hotel has left a very bad taste in my mouth and I will never return. I will also always avoid a La Quinta no matter where I go.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Timothy P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I stayed two weeks for work at the La Quinta in Fremont, Ca and this is what I experienced. Everyday the cleaners forgot to restock the coffee creamer supply's, the soap and shampoo was never restocked till the second week. Laundry bags never replaced. I wrote a nice note to remind the room cleaners but to no avail. The front desk told me to write it in Spanish. Running toilet took two days to fix. If the hotel is full you have to have the water run 20 min before it runs hot, found out after the maintenance man and I determined the boiler was broke. Tv channels out. Wake up call either didn't call or was 30 min late. Fridge either froze everything or didn't work. Black hair all over bathrooms. Worst thing was I got off work late and realized the maids left my door opened leaving all my belongings unsecured. The only good thing about the hotel was the gentleman who sets up the breakfast. He will set it up early if he knows you have to leave before 6 am. Very nice man. All in all, a very bad experience.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Vincent89d
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Tried to book meeting space with the hotel. Management refused to put the agreement in writing. GM refused to speak with me on the phone or return my call. Left his front desk girl to do his dirty work for him. Dragged me as long as he could. Guess its his loss...I planned on spending over $10,000 with him in 2012. I guess his loss is his competition's gain. Go somewhere else if you are looking to be treated well.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DaveIsaacs
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2011

I returned to La Quinta-Fremont, California after an absence of 22 months. This is a hotel I have stayed at often in the past, and I was keen to see if some of the promised upgrades had been made.

Indeed, the rooms have been freshened up, and while this is an ongoing process I can say that the television and other amenities in my room were definitely new.

I am told that carpeting is next on the list.

The stay of six nights was pleasant, and a minor issue with my booking was resolved as promptly as possible, with my room being changed the morning after arrival to one which was both an upgrade, and in fact what should have been supplied in the first place.

The manager takes an active interest in the day to day running of the hotel, and he remembers his clients and their names, even after many months.

The WiFi is unpredictable, and is evidently something which is constantly being addressed. If this is an issue for you, request a room closer to the lobby. The rooms at the end of the hall do not get reception.

The location is good, and for me at least not inconvenient even for going into San Francisco. There is a BART station not too far away, if one wishes to use public transportation. Driving is certainly an option. Note that the drive, depending on route chosen and traffic, can take 90 minutes or more. I prefer going via the 237 southern route to avoid the tolls, but this is a personal choice. The fastest possible is an hour, more or less. Driving to the airport takes about 30 minutes, if there is no traffic delay -- and this is going via the non-toll route to the south. It is faster, but with toll charge, if you go across the bridge.

I recommend this hotel to anyone who would like a well managed establishment, reasonably located to San Francisco, and certainly very handy to all things on the East Bay side of the area.

Note that finding the building is a bit tricky first time around. Check a map, and use highway exit for Cushing Parkway.

Generally, highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Booked a reservation here based on a 3 star rating, and in my humble opinion that is a real stretch. If I had a choice I would go somewhere else....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Birch Bay, Washington
Reviewed September 11, 2011

Easy check in / check out.
Room was clean, one night stay was quiet. HDTV was nice touch.
A bit overpriced for an ordinary room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Hotel was clean and roomy. Staff was great. Worth the money.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business