“Good hotel on the edge of town”

Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
“Good hotel on the edge of town”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We needed a place to stay on pour way to Napa and we ended up here. These are apartments with full kitchens, a living room annex bedroom. The place is nicely appointed, lots of room and comfortable. There is little wrong with it, but it lacks character somehow... Breakfast was, in our view, pretty good for a continental version. All in all a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Yvette E, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for the nice review! We're glad you were able to enjoy your stay here while visiting Napa! Should your travels bring you to the area again, we hope to have the pleasure of serving you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Watsonville, California
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Jessica the front desk clerk of the hotel sent a nice reminder a few days before my arrival, had my room ready when I got there, and even presented me with a welcome gift when I arrived.
Jessica checked us in and was amazing! She answered my questions about breakfast times and the pool hours. After being in our room for about 10 minutes we received a call from Jessica making sure our room was satisfactoryd to our needs. Never had that happen before but it was very professional of Jessica to check-in with us and offer her services if we need anything to call her.
Our room was clean and very comfortable. I liked the headboard with the lights embedded into the top area which made it easy when going to sleep. The suite had a fireplace if we wanted to use it to make the room more romantic. Bed was very comfortable and it had plenty of pillows to use when sleeping. Although we didn't use the kitchen area it was clean. We only used the bar stools when we ate breakfast in the morning.
Breakfast was hot and good and had a variety of food including waffles, sausages & eggs. The lady managing the breakfast area was very nice and assisted me in making my waffles. Only thing I would suggest is that the breakfast area have food trays available for their guests to use - I wanted to eat breakfast in my room kitchen area but with no food trays I had to stack my plates, cereal and drinks for my and my girlfriend and bring everything back to our room. Good thing our room was close by. Check-out was quick and easy. Although I didn't get to use their facilities - I liked the fact that the pool area was clean and looked inviting as well as the outdoor fenced basketball area.
I would highly recommend this hotel for business customers, couples or families. The area it was in was very safe. Great price for the room. Also excellent customer service by Jessica - she gets A++ for service to the guests. We were quite impressed and would be back to visit.

Room Tip: I got room # 112 - very close to the reception area and the breakfast. We did not hear any noise fr...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JustSuperJack77
Thank you for the kind review! Moreover, thanks for recognizing our staff member, Jessica -- she is a great employee and we're lucky to have her! For future reference, we do offer food trays; however, they are upon request. I will work with our team to ensure this gets better communicated to our guests should they need one!

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the future!
Arizona
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I'm a Marriott girl and always try to stay at the closest Marriott property to my client's site. This week I stayed one night at the Marriott Residence Inn in Fremont and will not return. The hotel sent a nice reminder a few days before my arrival, had my room ready when I got there, and even presented me with a welcome gift in recognition of my loyalty to the brand. However, the story went down hill from there.

My room was tucked in the farthest room from the reception area on the back side of the property. I had to circle to the back side of the property to find the stairwell that led to my second floor suite. The journey just felt creepy. Along the way I passed a room that looked like it had a permanent resident, which is not surprising since this is an extended stay property. However, it felt like I was in a low-end apartment complex. The patio of the unit I passed had empty cans, trash, an ash tray, and other personal effects all around it. A BBQ grill was also sitting in the garden with a folding chair in the area outside of the patio door. Potted plants that were clearly not part of the planned landscape decorated the area. It just seemed a little too much like walking through someone's backyard than going to a hotel.

The stairwell that I climbed was littered with yard waste, giving me the impression that it hadn't been tended to for a long time.

The room itself was a standard Residence Inn room with a kitchen, sitting area, desk, bed, and bathroom. Nothing terrible but nothing outstanding. The room backed up to Interstate 880 so the street noise was substantial.

Breakfast the next morning was a bit of a disappointment too, though maybe my viewpoint had been clouded by that time. I found a hair in my eggs and the milk tasted sour. Luckily I was there for just one night and won't be returning on my next trip to Fremont.

Room Tip: Stay away from building 10!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank BodogArizona
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our hotel. I'm sorry your stay was not particularly pleasant but, again, thank you for your feedback. I'll be sure to bring these items to the attention of our management staff. It's obvious we have some areas of opportunity that need to be addressed. Though I understand you will not be returning to our hotel, I thank you for being loyal to the Marriott brand.
Culver City, California
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stay at a LOT of Marriott's of every category, including Residence Inn's across the midwest and now west coast. This is by far the cleanest and most "apartment-like" Residence Inn I've stayed at. The front desk ladies are friendly and extremely helpful - especially Jasmin and Jessica - they continually went out of there way to help me when needed. I've stayed here for work during the week for the past month and I'll still be traveling to and from the Fremont area for the next few weeks and will not be switching to a different hotel!

Room Tip: The suites are two story lofts with plenty of room for a family. Worth looking into for the right pr...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review - that's quite a compliment in the title!

Thanks also for the compliments regarding Jasmin and Jessica - they're indeed great employees. I'm glad you've enjoyed your stays with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon - as a matter of fact, welcome back!
Hainesville, Illinois
Reviewed April 17, 2014

First, the bad: The room wasn't clean. Some prankster left popcorn on the ceiling fan (you can reach the fan from the loft) so the popcorn would scatter all over the room when the fan was turned on. I left them there for the week I stayed and room service never cleaned it. I see that as a lack of attention to detail when cleaning the room. Also, police tape left tied to the shrubs outside of our stairs had us a bit concerned. You'd think if they wanted us to feel safe, you'd make an effort to remove all of the police tape. Homeless people like to hang out outside of the office. We'd usually see three or four homeless people. Either hanging out or digging through the dumpsters. Now the good: The rooms are HUGE and have ALL of the amenities. Full size fridge, stove, dishwasher, dishes... Just like home. Pool is heated. Breakfast was fantastic and staff very friendly. Also, plenty of parking.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the East side of the property. Otherwise, you're going to be facing a very...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and bringing these concerns to our attention. I'm very sorry to hear about the housekeeping issues, as well as the other items you mentioned. I'll be sure to sit down with our management team and discuss the items listed. Should you be in the area again, please feel free to email or call me directly. I'd like to make sure everything is good-to-go should you give us another chance. On a lighter note, I'm glad you enjoyed the extra space in the penthouse. Thanks again, and take care.
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We decided to travel to the bay area for spring break vacation as the kids were curious to see that many sites of SF, but with a family of four and grandma and grandpa joining the fun it was much too pricey to book one room let alone two rooms in good ol SF. I came upon this facility based on TripAdvisor's photos and reviews and I can say that it turned out very well. It was centrally located for us as we had to go to SF and SJ to visit friends and family there. Fremont is a quaint city with plenty of stores and dining establishments nearby and the traffic is nowhere near what SF's traffic is like. The room was very spacious accommodating 6 people (we booked the double queens penthouse suite) with a loft style room upstairs along with its own bath and a private bedroom downstairs with another bathroom. A nice living room has a queen sofa sleeper (not good for adults but fine for kids) and a well appointed kitchen. Although I did find a few housekeeping flaws, the overall experience along with the price and friendly staff made it bearable. Don't forget to take advantage of the free daily breakfast and free evening light meals M-W!

Room Tip: No elevators on premises. If you have heavy luggage or a bad back, request ground level rooms if av...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelBees8
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for the very nice review! We're glad you were able to enjoy the site seeing in San Jose and San Francisco. Fremont is indeed a nice median point for visiting both areas. The penthouse suite is a popular room type for our visiting families - good to hear you enjoyed the room as well. We hope to see you next time you're in the area.
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This apartment-like hotel has spacious rooms, very nice front desk, specially Jasmin. They have complimentary dinner three days a week, the waitress is extremely nice, smile all the time. The internet speed for laptop is ok, but mobile devices may have difficulties getting connected.

Room Tip: Rooms next to highways can be noisy.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Le, thank you for the review and kind words. I'll be sure to pass your compliments onto Jasmin, and Andrea, the kitchen attendant. I'm sorry for the internet speed. We are looking to enhance it so it should be better when you come back. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central

Been to Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!