“Spacious, affordable family living on vacation”

Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We decided to travel to the bay area for spring break vacation as the kids were curious to see that many sites of SF, but with a family of four and grandma and grandpa joining the fun it was much too pricey to book one room let alone two rooms in good ol SF. I came upon this facility based on TripAdvisor's photos and reviews and I can say that it turned out very well. It was centrally located for us as we had to go to SF and SJ to visit friends and family there. Fremont is a quaint city with plenty of stores and dining establishments nearby and the traffic is nowhere near what SF's traffic is like. The room was very spacious accommodating 6 people (we booked the double queens penthouse suite) with a loft style room upstairs along with its own bath and a private bedroom downstairs with another bathroom. A nice living room has a queen sofa sleeper (not good for adults but fine for kids) and a well appointed kitchen. Although I did find a few housekeeping flaws, the overall experience along with the price and friendly staff made it bearable. Don't forget to take advantage of the free daily breakfast and free evening light meals M-W!

Room Tip: No elevators on premises. If you have heavy luggage or a bad back, request ground level rooms if av...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelBees8
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for the very nice review! We're glad you were able to enjoy the site seeing in San Jose and San Francisco. Fremont is indeed a nice median point for visiting both areas. The penthouse suite is a popular room type for our visiting families - good to hear you enjoyed the room as well. We hope to see you next time you're in the area.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

This apartment-like hotel has spacious rooms, very nice front desk, specially Jasmin. They have complimentary dinner three days a week, the waitress is extremely nice, smile all the time. The internet speed for laptop is ok, but mobile devices may have difficulties getting connected.

Room Tip: Rooms next to highways can be noisy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Le, thank you for the review and kind words. I'll be sure to pass your compliments onto Jasmin, and Andrea, the kitchen attendant. I'm sorry for the internet speed. We are looking to enhance it so it should be better when you come back. Thanks again and we hope to see you next time.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at Residence Inn Fremont 3 nights, I was there for attending a seminar for work and I am pleased to say that the hotel is very comfortable. It has all you could need, it's clean, fully featured appartment. The stuff's attention was very warm, Jasmine was so nice and kind clarifying all my doubts and doing a great job with a beautiful smile. I've received a gift for Valentine's day and my days were great at the nice room.

Room Tip: Room in front of the pool was great!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Myriam, thank you for the very nice review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and am happy to hear you were comfortable. Thank you for the compliments on the staff, especially Jasmin. I'll be sure to pass on your kind words. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

All of the personnel at this hotel were very courteous and heart warming. The rooms have all the basic amenities from Comfy couches, a 40 inch television with around 30 HD channels, a BIG refrigerator, kitchentte, dishwasher, microwave owen and few kitchen utensils. Although I did not use most of them, one wanting to stay here on a longer term can consider these facilities.

The best part of this hotel is their morning breakfast as the variety they serve is enormous. Also need to mention their social hours from Monday through Wednesday where they serve snacks, salads with Free beer! If you stay here with a partner or a colleague you would really enjoy having company. Also, there are many places to eat nearby Indian Chat plaza, denny's, Burger king to name a few.

The only -ve I found (personally) is this is a bit far from BART (Bay Area Rapid Transport), takes 10 minutes in a Cab but definitely not walkable. I have to take BART everyday to go to Embarcerado Station at San Francisco. Stay here a week and you will really start to feel like home! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: 913 would be good as I had stayed there - its off the parking place which means you are at peace all...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Thank you for the AMAZING review and compliments! It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. We hope to see you again next time you're in the area. We've gotten some great reviews over the years but this is the first time the word "amazing" was in the title - that really means a lot!

Thanks again from all of us!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn Fremont over Thanksgiving 2013. We really enjoyed our stay a this hotel. The staff at this hotel are excellent and we were treated with a smile and friendly words every time we came in contact with a staff member. The young woman who checked us in, Jasmin, was just a bundle of sunshine, and she really made us feel special. We are platinum marriott members, and she made my husband and I feel like such, The breakfast and accommodations were just perfect for us. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debra N
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Happy New Year, Debra!

Thank you for the excellent review, especially the kind words toward our staff. I must say, Jasmin is on a roll! This is the 4th review in a row where she's mentioned and we LOVE passing on reviews to our staff where someone's name is mentioned. We're glad you enjoyed your stay during the Thanksgiving holiday.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in the area.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is in a great location and the staff made us feel very welcome. I think it was Jessica and Jasmin.
The Queen bedded room with sitting area was roomier than most other hotels we have been in. Great free breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thanks very much for the great review! I'll be sure to pass the on the compliments to Jasmin and Jessica as well - they'll be happy to hear their names were mentioned in an excellent review.
We're glad you enjoyed the extra space and breakfast.

Happy Holidays, Happy New Year, and we look forward to seeing you again some time soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Jasmin Morena was a great help with help me out with a life or death situation and she needs to be given credit for the great job she is and has been doing a great job. It was very friendly service and I could tell she was doing everything in here power to help me out. If someone asked me for a good spot to stay in Fremont I would suggest the Residence Inn Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2013
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you very much for the great review and for the compliments regarding Jasmin. We are lucky to have her. I look forward to sharing this review with the team at our staff meeting.
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you next time you're in the area.

Happy Holidays!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central

Been to Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!