“I'll be back....”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Kelseyville, California
“I'll be back....”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This is the nicest motel I've ever stayed in. Eveyone who worked there was very nice as well.
I have only two little helpful hints:
1. We stayed in a VIP suite with a kitchen and the ice machine in the refrigerator didn't work.
2. For breakfast I had oatmeal and I couldn't sprinkle some brown sugar on it, as it was, as hard as a rock.
I know I'm being picky and comparing you to the perfect, but I got the impression from everybody, that is your goal, to be perfect in every way. Yes, I will be back in about 4 - 6 weeks, to see if that brown sugar problem is solved....
I actually loved the place and would definitely recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you very much for such a fantastic review! And no, you're not being picky. You SHOULD expect the brown sugar to NOT be clumpy, and your ice maker should work properly. These are expectations we have as well, and I assure you we will get them squared away. If you happen to see any other items we could address, please feel free to call the front desk or even stop by my office to chat. We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Salem, VA
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very hesitant when I read the reviews about this hotel - re: noise from freeway, WiFi... etc. Our stay was wonderful, we had no issues with the WiFi which remained connected during our entire stay. Although we were pretty close to the freeway, the noise did not impact our family. Actually, being close to the freeway was easy to get on and off and very convenient for our day adventures. It was an excellent stay. The staff was very helpful and always eager to answer your concerns. The rooms were clean and the appliances looked brand new. We had no issues and would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you so much for giving battling your hesitancy and giving us a chance. I'm happy to hear everything worked out during your stay and appreciate the compliments about our hotel and staff. We look forward to seeing you again and thanks again for submitting this excellent review.
New York
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I've been to many residence inn but I've to say this was the most disappointing experience.

1) unstable wifi service: we couldn't work because the wifi didn't work all the time. It was so frustrating that the Internet was cut in the middle of a Skype conf call or only one device could log on at the same time. We reported to the front desk and they said its a known issue and they were working with their vendor to make it more stable. I definitely won't go back there again before I know for sure this problem has been fixed.

2) the breakfasts were not up to the usual Marriott standard. The waffle I made tasted sour and I didn't have to courage to eat it

3) housekeeping was also substandard. We stayed there a week but a few days they forgot to swept the tile floor at the room entrance. One day they left the garage bin out instead of inside the kitchen cabinet. They didn't change the placemat once. So tiny things like these usually wont happen with residence inn. So it's mind of strange

4). Its right next to the I-880, so I heard noise from the highway at nite. For ppl who r sensitive to noise, this may be a problem. Another thing about the location, there was a nite that we wanted to fill up our car at a gas station right next to the hotel. While I was pumping, two older men carrying a gas can approached me and asked me for gasoline. It was about 10ish and there wasn't anyone else around me. As I gal, I felt a little bit frightened about my safety. So single female travelers may need to think about it.

• Stayed November 2012
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for submitting this review. I'm very sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We take great pride in ensuring our guest satisfaction is at the level you've come to expect from Marriott. It's unfortunate we did not meet your expectations but please know we'll be taking these items into consideration and I will be addressing this review with my staff immediately. We thank you for being a loyal Marriott guest.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We've been Marriott members for many years and try to stay in their facilities because they're dependable. This Residence Inn is no exception. Although the room decor might be a bit dated, the kitchens are updated and have all the amenities. I've stayed here twice in the past two months: once in a standard room (kitchen, living room, bedroom) and once in a "penthouse" (same as regular room, but with a loft added). The penthouse also had a fireplace, made me sad to be there without my hubby. I like little extras, like the motion sensor lights in the bedroom and bathroom. It was quiet (critically important to me, as I'm a light sleeper) and I really enjoyed the manager's breakfasts and evening receptions -- when I didn't feel like finding a place to eat (and there are tons of options within walking distance) I would just stop in for a glass of wine, some chips and tacos and call it a night. Air conditioning (another must in my book) worked very well, allowed me set to my own comfort level, while keeping the fan on for white noise at night. And I can't forget the service -- the reception desk was staffed by very friendly, very knowledgable people. And no one made fun of me when I reported the telephones as "missing." (They were just in different spots than I expected -- the "downside," if there is one, of a very large room!) Yes, I'd stay here again and recommend it to friends.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from traffic noise -- it's located near a busy highway. Keep in mind, if you ha...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this review. We're very happy you enjoyed your stay and are very appreciative of the compliments of the staff and the property, overall. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again some time soon. Happy Holidays!
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We were very pleased with our stay in Fremont Residence inn by Marriott. The staff were professional and very helpful. Breakfast was good and we loved the social hour. The situation of the hotel was good as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thanks very much for taking the time to submit your review. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time you're in town. See you then, and thanks again!
furnitureruss
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Usually stay at the Marriott in Fremont, but on a last minute trip & the full-scale Marriott sold out, I stayed at the Residence Inn. I stayed in a suite. Downstairs has living area with fireplace, dining area, small kitchen, bathroom & the upstairs/loft had the bedroom and another bathroom.

I was surprised by how nice it was. The only downside was my room was on the highway side of the property so occassionally I would hear the louder vehicles driving by. The property has breakfast daily, and early in the week they have a small dinner in the lobby. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank furnitureruss
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
We are happy to hear your stay was "unexpectedly nice" - nothing like a pleasant surprise, right? Thanks so much for your feedback and your detailed review. We hope to see you again and we'll be happy to get you a room away from 880 next time you stay with us. Thanks again!
Sugar Land
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great hotel. It is midway between SF and San Jose. From this hotel to SFO airport is only 30 minutes. As for me, I love this hotel. The hotel has easy access to the freeway (I-880) and other access like South Asian and South East Asian restaurants in the area. Yes, it is quite old but I can notice that the management has revamped the hotel room and the outward appearance as well. You can not find other hotel with this kind of value in the Bay Area !

Room Tip: Choose the back side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you very much for your kind words and review. We're happy to hear you've enjoyed your stays and appreciate your business, as well as your loyalty. We look forward to seeing you again some time soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Courtyard Fremont Silicon Valley

Been to Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!