“Really big room”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Vantaa, Finland
“Really big room”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

We felt very welcome even it was late after the long flight. We had the Penthouse suite and it is really big. Two bathrooms and it would be fine for big family. Perhaps the stairs are little steep. The staff was helpful and friendly and breakfast was good. We got a good tip to do a day trip. We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is little old so something was little lacking as the carpet in the room was not so clean looking.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We will follow up with the maintenance and housekeeping teams regarding the issues you mentioned and I'm sure you'll be pleased next time you're in town. Thanks for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We where there for a week, I called ahead to verify the reservation. Our room was ready and the a/c was on. Super clean and very cozy for a couple. Spacious room and kitchen with all it needs.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
"Super clean" and "very cozy" - thank you for taking the time to write a review and describing our suites as such. We're glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again.
Hawaii
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Another Residence Inn, another decent stay. It wasn't perfect. Our hotel room was not available and with the promise of it possibly being ready during our 12 day stay, we accepted a room of the same size but without the second bedroom (wall, door) downstairs. Unfortunately, the room we reserved was never ready and my husband and I slept on a murphy bed (literally put away against the wall) and our room rate was discounted only a minimal $10/day.

Otherwise, friendly & helpful staff. Room was clean. The two story is perfect for our family to give everyone some space. It's a smaller property, but that made everything convenient. My son could play basketball on the court within view of the rest of us finishing up breakfast. Lots to eat including omelettes for breakfast and decent spaghetti/pasta and salad in the evenings. There are many restaurants nearby that are family friendly. It was an easy drive to all our destinations in the Bay area, which was probably the best thing about the hotel.

Would stay again as long as we get the accomodations we booked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry for the miscommunication in regards to your reservation and that your room wasn't ready when you arrived. Should you find yourself in Fremont again, feel free to call and speak to a member of the front desk on property and we'll make sure we have all the details prior to arrival. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you again next time you're in the area.
india
Reviewed June 8, 2012

One would expect decent service especially when you have Marriott in your name but this one is far from reality. Rooms are brightly colored but clearly shows the shoddy work of renovation done on them. Evening reception was OK, but don't expect to get anything more even if you reach 10 minutes before closing time. You are frowned upon if you do that. Least they could do is make their staff more presentable and help their patrons in suggesting good places nearby and not just give one-word answers. But well, you get what you pay for. Thanks but I am not coming back. Adios!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank lolopot
We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay and hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area. I will be speaking to the staff regarding the issues you mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to submit this review with your feedback.
Manila
Reviewed June 2, 2012

nice studio type room, very helpful night reception staff, good breakfast, they also serve early dinner

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for submitting your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time.
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Love this place, I always say that the people are the ones that make the place awesome as this hotel is not the exception. I always travel all over the country and I love the residence inn idea but I specially love this one. The food is great and I feel truly pampered by the chefs. I can always count on a nice warm greeting from the from Jess at the front desk and my room is always done perfect.

Pros:
Feels like a home away from home, breakfast every morning and a great dinner with wine etc. love the hd LCD tvs and room has a coffee all day. Great value considering all you have to do is slide your key card and pretty much everything Ella is taken care of for me.

Cons:
Not really to many just maybe ice cream for dessert but i maybe asking to much :-)

Bottom line:

I recommend residence inn in general but specially the Fremont property

• Stayed April 2012
Francisco C, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Good day Sir,
First of I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for us to help us meet and/or exceed your expectations. I am extremely glad to hear that your recent stay here with us was such a memorable one! I am also glad to hear that my Staff took care of your every need; and yes you are correct when you stated that the people are what make a place awesome. It is something that my staff and I live by, we are here to make a difference with our guest. Once again, Sir, I want to thank you for your comment and I will look into what we can do as to provide Ice cream for dessert, especially with the summer season around the corner!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2012

As Residence Inns go, this place is the best I have seen in the past several years across the country! Rooms have been upgraded since last year to include new furniture, stainless steel appliances and granite in the kitchen - much brighter! The breakfasts are really quite good, with a large variety of hot and cold foods, fruit, snacks, yogurts, etc. Dinners during the week are pretty basic stuff, but very well made and served with wine and beer. The staff are really outstanding! Very friendly and helpful - at any time day or night! Very good location, near I-880 for easy travel. For a nice, clean, affordable place to stay with a kitchen, this is a great deal for the money!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SeanN4541
Good day Sir,
First off thank you for taking the time to provide us with information that can help us exceed our guests expectations. I am glad to see that the changes that we’ve made at this property have not gone unnoticed. I am also thrilled to hear that your recent stay here with us met all your needs and that my staff went above and beyond to make sure that your stay was a memorable one. We take pride in providing service so memorable to our guests that keeps them coming back to our property. If there is anything that I can assist you with please feel free to contact me
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Courtyard Fremont Silicon Valley

Been to Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!