“Convenient Location, Nice Staff!”

Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Hawaii
“Convenient Location, Nice Staff!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Another Residence Inn, another decent stay. It wasn't perfect. Our hotel room was not available and with the promise of it possibly being ready during our 12 day stay, we accepted a room of the same size but without the second bedroom (wall, door) downstairs. Unfortunately, the room we reserved was never ready and my husband and I slept on a murphy bed (literally put away against the wall) and our room rate was discounted only a minimal $10/day.

Otherwise, friendly & helpful staff. Room was clean. The two story is perfect for our family to give everyone some space. It's a smaller property, but that made everything convenient. My son could play basketball on the court within view of the rest of us finishing up breakfast. Lots to eat including omelettes for breakfast and decent spaghetti/pasta and salad in the evenings. There are many restaurants nearby that are family friendly. It was an easy drive to all our destinations in the Bay area, which was probably the best thing about the hotel.

Would stay again as long as we get the accomodations we booked.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Arturo S, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry for the miscommunication in regards to your reservation and that your room wasn't ready when you arrived. Should you find yourself in Fremont again, feel free to call and speak to a member of the front desk on property and we'll make sure we have all the details prior to arrival. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to see you again next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
india
Reviewed June 8, 2012

One would expect decent service especially when you have Marriott in your name but this one is far from reality. Rooms are brightly colored but clearly shows the shoddy work of renovation done on them. Evening reception was OK, but don't expect to get anything more even if you reach 10 minutes before closing time. You are frowned upon if you do that. Least they could do is make their staff more presentable and help their patrons in suggesting good places nearby and not just give one-word answers. But well, you get what you pay for. Thanks but I am not coming back. Adios!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank lolopot
We are very sorry you did not enjoy your stay and hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area. I will be speaking to the staff regarding the issues you mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to submit this review with your feedback.
Manila
Reviewed June 2, 2012

nice studio type room, very helpful night reception staff, good breakfast, they also serve early dinner

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for submitting your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you next time.
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Love this place, I always say that the people are the ones that make the place awesome as this hotel is not the exception. I always travel all over the country and I love the residence inn idea but I specially love this one. The food is great and I feel truly pampered by the chefs. I can always count on a nice warm greeting from the from Jess at the front desk and my room is always done perfect.

Pros:
Feels like a home away from home, breakfast every morning and a great dinner with wine etc. love the hd LCD tvs and room has a coffee all day. Great value considering all you have to do is slide your key card and pretty much everything Ella is taken care of for me.

Cons:
Not really to many just maybe ice cream for dessert but i maybe asking to much :-)

Bottom line:

I recommend residence inn in general but specially the Fremont property

• Stayed April 2012
Francisco C, General Manager at Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Good day Sir,
First of I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback for us to help us meet and/or exceed your expectations. I am extremely glad to hear that your recent stay here with us was such a memorable one! I am also glad to hear that my Staff took care of your every need; and yes you are correct when you stated that the people are what make a place awesome. It is something that my staff and I live by, we are here to make a difference with our guest. Once again, Sir, I want to thank you for your comment and I will look into what we can do as to provide Ice cream for dessert, especially with the summer season around the corner!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 1, 2012

As Residence Inns go, this place is the best I have seen in the past several years across the country! Rooms have been upgraded since last year to include new furniture, stainless steel appliances and granite in the kitchen - much brighter! The breakfasts are really quite good, with a large variety of hot and cold foods, fruit, snacks, yogurts, etc. Dinners during the week are pretty basic stuff, but very well made and served with wine and beer. The staff are really outstanding! Very friendly and helpful - at any time day or night! Very good location, near I-880 for easy travel. For a nice, clean, affordable place to stay with a kitchen, this is a great deal for the money!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SeanN4541
Good day Sir,
First off thank you for taking the time to provide us with information that can help us exceed our guests expectations. I am glad to see that the changes that we’ve made at this property have not gone unnoticed. I am also thrilled to hear that your recent stay here with us met all your needs and that my staff went above and beyond to make sure that your stay was a memorable one. We take pride in providing service so memorable to our guests that keeps them coming back to our property. If there is anything that I can assist you with please feel free to contact me
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed March 1, 2012

This hotel does not look very impressive on the outside. It consists of several two-story buildings tucked away on a side street in a commercial neighborhood, very close to the freeway. But the front desk people were extremely pleasant when we checked in and out, and we opened our door to a roomy suite that was excellently maintained and very quiet. Besides the bed and nice bathroom, there was a spacious living room and a full kitchen with a large counter. Our rooom was on the second level, so the only drawback was lugging our heavy suitcases up the flight of stairs. Next time we will ask for the ground floor. I wish we could have stayed here longer. That night there was a free BBQ from the manager, but we couldn't make it.
The breakfast was one of the most varied I have seen. The chef came out periodically to greet people and check on everything. As I am a vegetarian, I usually don't find too much, but here there was no problem. There were scrambled eggs with and w/o chorizo; potatoes, sausage; fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, breads, muffins and waffles. The waffle table included strawberry topping, chocolate chips, and whipped cream! The chef must have known my husband was coming.

Room Tip: If you have trouble with stairs, get a ground floor room.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosemarina
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 12, 2012

I was looking forward to staying in another Residence Inn, because you usually know what you're getting.

This time I got less than I paid for.

Yes, I got a larger room, but I also got a dirty room, not filthy, just in need of carpet cleaning and a bathroom chaulking and cleaning.

When I checked in they told me that they would be doing carpet cleaning during my stay and asked when the carpet shampooing would be best for me.

The night before I check out is when they cleaned my carpets. So I had filthy carpets the entire time. Why did they ask when would be best for ne to have the room cleaned if they were going to do it at the one timeframe I said was the worst for me?I vacated the room for several huge chunks of time to accomodate the carpet cleaning only to return to a filthy room.

Today I left me room at 6:00 am and stopped by the front desk and told them that I would be out of the room until 3:00 pm and that since they hadn't cleaned the carpet yet that during this 9 hour window they could get it done.

I also asked the front desk if the free shuttle service would be able to pick me up from the BART , train station around 3:00 pm today, he said yes, gave me the hotel business card and showed me which number to call and they would be happy to pick me up.

After being gone for nearly 9 hours I called the number to ask for the shuttle to pick me up, the front desk person now says "our shuttle does not run on weekends". I informed them that when I left at 6:00 am they front desk person gave me the card and said they would pick me up. They said "sorry, you can take a cab". I have a rental car in the hotel parking lot. I counted on the information that the front desk had given me that morning and did not drive my rental to the station or further. This cost me time and sleep.

After walking from the bus stop that I used from the train station to get closer to the hotel, I discovered at 4:00 pm that the steam cleaners were in my room just starting the 15 to 20 minute process of cleaning my room. How great is that? I just wanted to go to sleep for my early flight, oh well, another 20 minutes isn't too bad, oh wait, upon entering the room it stinks so bad like chemicals and cleaners. This time I called the front desk just to ask if they know how long the smell is going to be around? I assumed they would know since mine had to be nearly the last room cleaned because they are only cleaning until 5:00 pm and it was 4:15 pm before they left my room.

The chaulk in the tub looks like a 3rd grader applied it. There is a big chip of porcelain about the size of 2 quarters missing out of the tub. You can see where the soap dish used to be attached to the shower, because all of the old adhesive they used on it is still there and is dingy.

I do not know if this is a California thing or not, but to get the toliet to flush its contents you have to hold the flush lever for 20 seconds before it will make the swirl and take the bowl's contest down. Strange.

I do not feel like I got the service you expect from this hotel chain.

Room Tip: Look at your room at check in and see if it has been updated or spruced up first.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank ForeverMan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont
Residence Inn Newark Silicon Valley

Been to Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!