Comfort Inn Silicon Valley East
Hotels.com
$599
$234
Residence Inn
Good Nite Inn Fremont(Fremont)(Great Value!)
$80
  • Pool
$239
Marriott Hotels
$145
$98
$129
$249
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The only friendly greeting I got was from an agent answering the phone (who only works weekends named, I believe, Laura). She blocked out a quiet room on the third floor for me. When I came there, the front desk agent was less than friendly. I understood this when I met the manager (who never smiles to my knowledge). I had asked the front desk clerk if I could speak to the manager to ask how I might cancel my final night's stay since I was going to Oakland to be with my sister. The front desk clerk called the manager who would not come to see me. When I finally saw her (because she was sitting at the front desk) and tried to ask her about the no refund policy, she was quite defensive; even though I was only trying to ask her for a description of the process.

The room they got me is relatively quiet. They offer as few amenities as possible. For instance, bottled water is only available for purchase in the machines. The previous places I have stayed offer it at the front desk for free. There was no separate recycle can like in the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Cruz.

Bottom line, I feel unwelcome here and practically afraid to ask for anything because I can almost assume a "no" in reply. It’s a lousy place. Avoid it if you can. The only people who were friendly were the service staff (cleaning, free breakfast bar) and sometimes the front desk agent, Craig

Room Tip: Top floor middle seems quietest
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mattg885
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Even though this hotel is right off the freeway, there's road closures around it...so getting around to stores and restaurants is a bit of a chore. The hotel itself is very nice....clean, spacious and well appointed. Our room was well appointed and overall, this was a great value for the price we paid. Breakfast in the AM was a great value add.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is old - not maintained.
Upstairs hallway was not air conditioned. Guest laundry was mostly "out-of-order"
Breakfast was stale and/or non-existent. Very little in the way of choices, no variety. Often no fruit or even coffee. Staff was slow to respond.
Look elsewhere for a place to stay.

Room Tip: If I could give it zeros, I would have.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TAH2000
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a few days while we were visiting our family for the holidays and I was not impressed! The General Manager (a lady) was very rude and seemed to be annoyed by every guest that came and asked a question. In one of our rooms, the tub drain wouldn't drain and we had to ask at least 3 different times for it to be looked at. When I told the Manager about it she didn't look at me and said "OK" and walked back into her office. The rooms were decent but not very clean and the hotel smelled really bad of a unknown odor. The breakfast is limited to the same thing every day and the host was rude and unwilling to answer our questions or even show a smile. Apparently she has worked there for 16 years. Time for a change? The owner (I assume) came in and started talking to the General Manager at the front desk about paychecks and she was complaining about her check in front of guests. This hotel needs a serious change and it needs to start from the top and work its way down! I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank QI_GM
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We needed to stay in the vicinity of Warm Springs and had enough Choice Hotel points for a free night, just as well as we would have walked out rather than pay to stay here. Having read previous reviews we were a little concerned.
The lady on the Front Desk was helpful, but the Hotel needs some serious renovation, our room was dark and dingy and the corridors smelled of cigarette smoke. The windows in our room were filthy, but the bathroom, towels and bed were ok. The telephone didn't work and the air conditioning was noisy. The pool area was in desperate need of attention. The hot tub had scum and unidentifiable grunge floating on the top - a health inspector would have a field day! The published price for accommodation here is extortionate ! I am sure there are other hotels near by which would offer better value.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple