“Rude and unprofessional Staff and Smells bad!”

Comfort Inn Silicon Valley East
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Billings, Montana
“Rude and unprofessional Staff and Smells bad!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a few days while we were visiting our family for the holidays and I was not impressed! The General Manager (a lady) was very rude and seemed to be annoyed by every guest that came and asked a question. In one of our rooms, the tub drain wouldn't drain and we had to ask at least 3 different times for it to be looked at. When I told the Manager about it she didn't look at me and said "OK" and walked back into her office. The rooms were decent but not very clean and the hotel smelled really bad of a unknown odor. The breakfast is limited to the same thing every day and the host was rude and unwilling to answer our questions or even show a smile. Apparently she has worked there for 16 years. Time for a change? The owner (I assume) came in and started talking to the General Manager at the front desk about paychecks and she was complaining about her check in front of guests. This hotel needs a serious change and it needs to start from the top and work its way down! I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank QI_GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Fareham
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We needed to stay in the vicinity of Warm Springs and had enough Choice Hotel points for a free night, just as well as we would have walked out rather than pay to stay here. Having read previous reviews we were a little concerned.
The lady on the Front Desk was helpful, but the Hotel needs some serious renovation, our room was dark and dingy and the corridors smelled of cigarette smoke. The windows in our room were filthy, but the bathroom, towels and bed were ok. The telephone didn't work and the air conditioning was noisy. The pool area was in desperate need of attention. The hot tub had scum and unidentifiable grunge floating on the top - a health inspector would have a field day! The published price for accommodation here is extortionate ! I am sure there are other hotels near by which would offer better value.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed one night. Checked in late. Slept late. Checked out. Nothing fancy, but it was clean, quiet, cheap and comfortable. Just what we needed for a last minute place to crash. I did hear the train in the morning, but not overnight. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed June 13, 2012

I have stayed here for the past few years while in town on business. The management changed last year and I noticed things going downhill. I thought it might have been a one time fluke but no. It was worse again this year. The entire staff has changed from the manager to the desk staff. They are probably paid minimum wage and I guess you get what you pay for. I much preferred the prior staff. More friendly. Efficient. Better trained and helpful. The rooms are getting dirtier and the lack of maintance is apparent. I can and will find better options on my next to Fremont.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank fairegoer
Idaho Falls, Idaho, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Our entire family stayed here 3 years ago for a wedding. We had 4 rooms at the end of the hotel. We were all quite pleased. Just stayed again a couple of weeks ago and were not so happy!
Pretty quiet, heard no trains as others stated but were awoken by the maids in the next room before 8am. It was clean but didn't appear to have had much maintenance over the years. The drapes didn't close up completely. Most of the breakfast was ok but the sausage was so dry it was almost unedible. Got kind of sick of the hot food being the same every morning for 3 days. The staff wasn't rude but certainly not on the friendlier side. They would just look away when we walked through the lobby. The worst was the hot tub! After a couple of minutes we jumped out and didn't go back! Bugs and dirt came out of the jets! Overall though it was ok for a night or 2.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
california
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I was doing some work in the Fremont area and didn't feel like driving all the way home to Los Gatos late at night. I selected this hotel for a few reasons. 1) I am a ChoiceHotels member and needed to accrue a few more points towards a free stay. 2) They claimed to have a pool and I like to swim laps in the morning before I work 3) The price was under $100/night so was within my budget.

The first thing that struck me was the cigarette smoke in the hallways as well as the worn carpets reminded me of a Vegas casino hotel. My actual room did not smell of smoke, so that was fine. The room was clean. The TV was an old CRT - I hardly see those any more as most hotels have upgraded up to flat screens. On the plus side, connections were available so I could connect a laptop/dvd player/xbox to the TV. As other reviewers have noted, the furniture, etc. could use with some updating, but overall things looked clean and in good repair.

The pool was a disappointment as it was unheated and about the same temperature as the Pacific Ocean. Since I didn't bring a wet suit, I couldn't swim.

The breakfast was the standard fare you might expect...scrambled eggs in a bin, sausage in a bin, a waffle maker, and cold cereal. I didn't see any fresh fruit. I opted for the local McDonalds simply because the chairs didn't look that comfortable and the room didn't look that clean.

The shower was a pleasant surprise. Worked fine and plenty of hot water.

I stayed on the third floor in the middle section and it was quiet. I was able to sleep fine.

Since this was a business stay, not pleasure, it worked for me. I wouldn't stay here on a vacation and I will check out other hotels in the area before I come back here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank cadagility
Illinois
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Spent a weekend here with my husband who ha an extended stay here due to work. The hotel was clean and the staff was great. Becky at the front desk was very helpful in letting us know what there was to do in the area. Very friendly. Room was cleaned evry day. Free breakfast was wonderful. Great location, close to shopping & eats with a short drive into the city and airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple