WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Days Inn Fremont

Days Inn Fremont
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Isleton
“When I'm not home I will probably be here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

I work nearby and stay at this hotel instead of driving 3 hours + roundtrip daily. The staff greets me by name and will call me on my cell phone if I forget to book for the next week. The hotel is clean and quiet. And is close to restaurants and shopping centers. Free internet is a plus, unlike some of the other hotels in the area that charge for this. The microwave and refrigerator are also a welcome treat.

Room Tip: I like the third floor the best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Jim J
ScramentoTraveller, General Manager at Days Inn Fremont, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you very much for giving us opportunity to serve you and feel like home.Days inn fremont is really a home away from home for many business gusets like you.We feel pride in serving guest like you.Thank you very much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
McKinleyville, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel to the Fremont Area two nights a week for about forty weeks a year. I have been staying here for almost four years. In fact so much so that the front desk anticipates my arrival and usually has my key ready to go. The rooms are adequately furnished with desk chair, chest of drawers and armoire. I have always found the room clean, smoke free with everything working. 95% or better of the nights I have spent here have been quite and undisturbed, once in a great while someone will be loud, slamming doors etc. But I have experienced this problem even in a Fairmont.

The water is always hot and the bathrooms clean and adequately stocked with the essentials. Most rooms have a microwave, small fridge and a coffee maker. I have always found the AC and heating to be functional and adequate. On the rare occasions that something has been amiss (maybe a light bulb burned out) it has promptly been taken care of.

This is a great location for access to both 880 and 680 which makes this hotel convenient to pretty much most of the southern East Bay.

They offer free Wi Fi, which in my experience can occasionally have hic ups but works well 95% of the time. I have streamed a movie without problems. They do offer a free breakfast which I have not tried, I am a Starbucks devotee and always have breakfast there when on the road.

This is not the Ritz Carlton but if you looking for a clean, quiet basic hotel for a good nights rest then I would highly recommend the Days Inn Fremont.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank NCACDK
We really appreciate you for staying with us frequently and that expresses your trust,bond and excellent customer service.Thank you very much.
Napa, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for over 2 years now almost every week. Not only have they accomodated every request I have made the staff treats me like family. The rooms are always clean and the place is quiet. These two things are most important after working all day for me.

I can email my requests or call if something happens and I need to make a change. The staff is very responsive and always friendly. I could stay at any number of hotels near where I work but I keep coming back because of the excellent service I receive and the people I have come to know there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Phyllis F
ScramentoTraveller, General Manager at Days Inn Fremont, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you very much for feeling our place as your home.We promise you we will continue to serve you in the same manner.
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

We could hardly breathe the air in the room. It was dark and noisy in the lobby and hall. The back entrance's lock was busted and the door was propped open (though there's a sign stating the contrary). The room was dank, smelly, and noisy. We walked out without a refund after the manager wouldn't switch our rooms or do anything. Well... he did put a dehumidifier in our room and said "there it should smell better in about 20 minutes". Yeah because that was going to fix everything.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sam F
Fresno, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

BEWARE, do not book this hotel. I booked through Hotwire, got to the hotel and Manager/Owner said the room reserved was a smoking room and if I wanted non-smoking I would have to pay an additional $10 per night. I told him my reservation was specifically for a non smoking room. Person would not budge and would not give me the non-smoking room. Lobby was noticeably dirty. Wasn't like they were full, (about 6 cars in the parking lot at 6 pm) so I do not know why he was so insistent about wanting and ripping me off for another $10. I'm sure he had many non smoking rooms available.. Oh and when I called the Hotwire help line, they offered no help.

Room Tip: WARNING do not book this hotel!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn on May 17. I know this hotel well and frequently stay there when I am on business in the Bay Area since about 15 years. I never in my years of travel had a problem with bed bugs before.

I checked in to room 210 and woke up around 3 AM because I was itching all over my arms, upper body and face. This is when I noticed these bed bugs crawling all over the sheets. It took not more that 30 seconds to collect the ones in the photo.
I reported it to the front desk person. I was told that the hotel has no previous complaints about bed bugs.
I found one report on Yelp.com from April this year..
As I walked to my car I was approached by one of the house keepers which told me that she had reported bugs in some of the rooms to the front desk, but no action was taken.

It seems that the management of the hotel does not understand how serious a bed bug infestation is.
As a guest you will get bitten but you will also carry bed bugs with you in your clothes or luggage back home.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Klaus P
Pahoa, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was really surprised at this hotel. I had read other reviews, and expected a rough area, dirty hotel, etc.... but this was where I needed to be at the time, and it was only for one night!
What I found was an extremely clean room, excellent service, and not a bad area. In fact, the area felt very safe. A free continental breakfast, also!

Room Tip: I had asked for 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank banyannook
Thank you very much for your honest opinion for our hotel.Please keep coming and stay with us and everytime you will feel difference and much more positive experience.