“My home away from home”
Review of Days Inn Fremont

Days Inn Fremont
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed September 27, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for over 2 years now almost every week. Not only have they accomodated every request I have made the staff treats me like family. The rooms are always clean and the place is quiet. These two things are most important after working all day for me.

I can email my requests or call if something happens and I need to make a change. The staff is very responsive and always friendly. I could stay at any number of hotels near where I work but I keep coming back because of the excellent service I receive and the people I have come to know there.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Phyllis F
ScramentoTraveller, General Manager at Days Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you very much for feeling our place as your home.We promise you we will continue to serve you in the same manner.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Fremont

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We could hardly breathe the air in the room. It was dark and noisy in the lobby and hall. The back entrance's lock was busted and the door was propped open (though there's a sign stating the contrary). The room was dank, smelly, and noisy. We walked out without a refund after the manager wouldn't switch our rooms or do anything. Well... he did put a dehumidifier in our room and said "there it should smell better in about 20 minutes". Yeah because that was going to fix everything.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam F
Reviewed June 30, 2012

BEWARE, do not book this hotel. I booked through Hotwire, got to the hotel and Manager/Owner said the room reserved was a smoking room and if I wanted non-smoking I would have to pay an additional $10 per night. I told him my reservation was specifically for a non smoking room. Person would not budge and would not give me the non-smoking room. Lobby was noticeably dirty. Wasn't like they were full, (about 6 cars in the parking lot at 6 pm) so I do not know why he was so insistent about wanting and ripping me off for another $10. I'm sure he had many non smoking rooms available.. Oh and when I called the Hotwire help line, they offered no help.

Room Tip: WARNING do not book this hotel!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at the Days Inn on May 17. I know this hotel well and frequently stay there when I am on business in the Bay Area since about 15 years. I never in my years of travel had a problem with bed bugs before.

I checked in to room 210 and woke up around 3 AM because I was itching all over my arms, upper body and face. This is when I noticed these bed bugs crawling all over the sheets. It took not more that 30 seconds to collect the ones in the photo.
I reported it to the front desk person. I was told that the hotel has no previous complaints about bed bugs.
I found one report on Yelp.com from April this year..
As I walked to my car I was approached by one of the house keepers which told me that she had reported bugs in some of the rooms to the front desk, but no action was taken.

It seems that the management of the hotel does not understand how serious a bed bug infestation is.
As a guest you will get bitten but you will also carry bed bugs with you in your clothes or luggage back home.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Klaus P
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I was really surprised at this hotel. I had read other reviews, and expected a rough area, dirty hotel, etc.... but this was where I needed to be at the time, and it was only for one night!
What I found was an extremely clean room, excellent service, and not a bad area. In fact, the area felt very safe. A free continental breakfast, also!

Room Tip: I had asked for 2 queen beds.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank banyannook
ScramentoTraveller, General Manager at Days Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your honest opinion for our hotel.Please keep coming and stay with us and everytime you will feel difference and much more positive experience.

Reviewed December 9, 2011

I didn't get the experience others did, when I checked in the staff was friendly and courteous, gave me a non-smoking room that I'd requested. The room was spartan but clean, lots of TV channels (more than Marriott) and very fast internet. Breakfast was toast or ceral. For the price I'd paid it was a good deal, however I wouldn't stay if I was travelling with my family.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank status88
ScramentoTraveller, General Manager at Days Inn Fremont, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you very much for your review and please keep coming and stay with us.

Reviewed November 5, 2011

1) I booked this room online for the rate of 39.99+ tax and upon arriving I was told by the very rude manager "Bill" that I booked a smoking room. (which I did not) I told them to switch me to a non-smoking room and he said "I have to charge you more money". Trying to talk to "Bill" is a losing situation, he will NOT budge, he is ALWAYS right! This so called manager would not cut me a break and the hotel wasn't even full. I even went back online to check to see the rate for a non-smoking room and it was still the same rate: 39.99. I am going to file a formal complaint with Days Inn. He does use this a lot "This isn't Motel 6" trust me, Motel 6 around the corner is a better place to stay than here, PLEASE don't waste your time!!!

2) The pillow cases were disgusting, smelled like they are 3 weeks old and haven't been washed. The pillows itself need to be thrown away.

3) If you look behind the furniture, especially the bed. There is so much dust and dirt!!! I'm not even exaggerating. Even look under the microwave, very disgusting!

4) I saw a roach come out of the table, Nasty!!!

5) I assume this place has bed bugs because I had hives and bumps and was very itchy the whole stay.

This is the worst hotel experience, your better off staying at Motel 6 or in your car. Don't believe the + reviews or any of the online pictures. This place needs a total overhaul.

Room Tip: place sucks! read the reviews!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo