All reviewstypical courtyardrenovated lobbysan josemarriott brandquick bitebusiness hotelnice place to staystay there againbusiness tripknobsfreewaygymsfomilpitaslaundryteslabay
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I was fortunate enough to book rooms for $110 long in advance. At that price, it is impossible to find better value. The same room go for as much as $449 if you book last minute on weekdays.
The lobby has been recently renovated. The restaurant offers nice and tasty food at a reasonable price. Nice atmosphere at the bar in the evening.
The most remarkable is the kindest of their employees. The staff is very pleasant and courteous. Thank you for the nice weekend!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

Located south of central Fremont close to Tesla and the 680/880 and a short ride from the San Jose airport. The property is located in an office park environment with no access to other services by foot so Uber/car is necessary. My courtyard room faced east towards the Mission Peak Preserve offering a nice mountain view. Attentive and friendly staff with all the trimmings of the Courtyard brand including a renovated lobby and cafe - great for a quick bite. The rooms are renovated but they miss a few details such as older brass knobs on the bathroom doors that simply look dated.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed May 8, 2017 via mobile

This was the worst experience ever. When we checked in they had strange guys looking into our room at my daughter. We moved. Then next room wasn't cleaned and had an awful old smoke smell. Moved again. This next room had a leaking air conditioning unit that soaked our suitcases and we stepped into a puddle. They called themselves helping the situation by covering it with towels and putting a pan and garbage pail down. They claimed nowhere to move us and we were forced to stay there because they had no hotel availability for the next 50 miles and we were there for a funeral from Florida. Front desk offered to put our points back for 3 days. Never did. General manager didn't even have the audacity to call me back instead uses his assistant to do his dirty work mind you She can barely speak English. Don't let the name brand fool you like it did us.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Trish S
Reviewed April 21, 2017 via mobile

Nice place to stay one week on a business trip. Clean, quiet, nice atmosphere. The one I like most in that area. I like to spend a couple of hours at the bar. Small but nice. Not a luxury hotel but recommended.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Management response:Responded April 23, 2017

Good Morning,

Thank you very much for the nice response.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

As the website says "renovated lobby". That's the good news, otherwise, this is a quite old Courtyard property which is being kept alive by it's very desirable location which allow for a lot of other corners to be cut.

Nothing terrible here, but nothing great either. There are no food options beyond the bistro anywhere in walking distance. Rooms have been spiffed up just a bit, but largely look about the same as they probably did the day the property opened. Overall it's tired and worn.

During my stay the wall mounted air-conditioning units were being serviced - a good thing I suppose with summer coming on. The halls were stacked with dozens of new and old AC units creating quite an obstacle course.

They did fail big time on one of my pet peeves, my room was not ready upon arrival (at 6PM). I was offered a comp breakfast for the trouble, a nice offer, but worthless to me as I was leaving at 5AM.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inwards have less freeway noise, but rooms facing the freeway were well enough insulated for me.
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank jondf
Management response:Responded April 2, 2017

Good Morning Jondf,

I do apologize for your room not being ready at 6pm. Usually that does not happen. It was due to the installation of the new PTAC Units.
I'm sorry our Courtyard was not up to your standards. Like you said "All Courtyards are cut from the same cloth, but they are not all equal". Which is actually the perfect saying. We are one of the original Courtyards being built , but went through quite a few renovations. I know with the new Courtyards coming out they are more modern.
Again, I'm sorry you didn't have a pleasant stay. I do hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Fremont, to give us another chance.

Operations Manager