“A Very Helpful Staff and Comfortable Surroundings...”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Medford, Oregon
“A Very Helpful Staff and Comfortable Surroundings...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2010

We spent three nights at the Garden Court Inn and were pleasantly surprised given that it was easy on our budget. The staff was there to help us with directions and made it easy to get to AT&T park with a short drive and a ferry ride which our children, ages 5 and 4, thoroughly enjoyed. The room was adequate and the surrounding area had a vast array of restaurants, most within walking distance. We felt safe and were comfortable with our surroundings. We will definately come back to Fremont and the Best Western Garden Court Inn.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
ENGLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2010

This was the most comfortable room we had on our 5 week trip and was excellent value for money. The hotel was relaxed and quiet and the staff very helpful. Breakfast was good. I had made a bit of a mistake thinking a hotel on the outskirts of San Francisco would take some of the stress out of visiting the city since using the Bart each day was a bit of a pain. Links on and off the interstate were good and the hotel very easy to find.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2010

One of the cleanest motels we've stayed in. Staff very friendly. Housekeeping special touches to make the kids comfortable. Visiting under difficult circumstances, staff made stay much more comfortable and easier on whole family.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for spring vacation with our children. It was a real nice location and the staff was the best. When we walked into our room #321 or 323, we noticed that one of the queen size beds, the one near the sliding glass door, had a broken matress . It was sunk in the center edge. However, the person at the front desk gave us another room with no problem. The only problem that we had with the new room was that the refrigerator was real noisy and the fan in the bathroom sounded like a Harley Davidson. Nevertheless, the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. You may want to bring your own pillow though because the ones in our room were flat as a pancake. The complementary breakfast was a pleasant surprise. It was better than expected.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2009

Me and my family were in the bay area for the weekend for the SF 49ers game. Got a room by the pool which was cool for the kids, The spa was heated but the pool was not which was understandable becuase it was mid November. Great Breakfest, Enough to kick start the day. Rooms are a little old fashioned, but were clean and for the price you could not complain. Location right off the freeway which was convienient. Overall.. worth the stay. Will be back

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
redding
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2008

the room was okay, a lot smaller than most Hotel rooms in the Fremont area for the price. The man downstairs that checked me in, ignored my smoking request and put me in a no smoking room, and let me know smoking on the balcony was not an issue at all.

Besides all night noise, a moldy smell, and nosy housekeeping, the sleep was okay. We smoked on the balcony in the 20 degree weather with crazy winds and didn't complain.

The next morning, we [bf & me] each showered and left. The room was in fine condition when we left besides garbage from the room service we ordered, and cigarette butts on the balcony.

I get home to Redding, check my bank account to find it overdrawn.. not only did they charge me more than the reservation price but also an additional $150.

Im thinking it has to be a mistake so I calmly call the hotel to clear it up.
I talk to a very rude lady [janet or jannis i believe she said her name was] who tells me the room was trashed, and she had proof that we had smoked inside. Knowing we DID NOT smoke once inside I try to defend myself and ask what the proof she allegedly had was???.. she continues to stutter and tell me it was her who "smelt the smoke in the room" and that was her "proof". That "smokers themselves don't smell the smoke and we in fact [for sure] smoked int he room."

This is the point that she is beginning to anger me. If we did smoke in the room I would not continue the conversation and accept the fee. But after going out side to the balcony every single time to smoke in the cold windy weather it doesn't seem fair to be charged for smoking in the room.

I explain to her that on the balcony the door clearly has to be opened to get out and maybe some of the smoke came in with the wind. She wouldn't hear it. Continued to put me down and tell me what a messed up person I was to trash the room. She told me I could call my bank and deal with them. Completely and utterly RUDE!
I called back after talking to my bank, to apologize for getting so worked up, and someone else answered the phone and was rude to me also. He told me he already knew about my story, to call back & talk to someone on Monday and hung up on me.
Very unprofessional.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NV
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2008

the motel undert took a great renovation and the breakfast is better than most for motels was told the motel will still uppgrade to be one of the best in the west. and the staff are oh so friendly the management handle everything with a smile and go out of the way to make sure you have a pleasant stay while some things are out of there control they work with you . need to fix doors so they dont slam!!!!!!!! and fix wireless connection. needs renovation will always stay here when in town.

• Liked — Teh Staff Is Awesome
  • Disliked — The Slammin Door Wireless Connection
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank acombs59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Good Nite Inn Fremont
Good Nite Inn Fremont
#5 of 19 in Fremont
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central
Residence Inn Fremont Silicon Valley
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn? Share your experiences!