“Nice and well priced in a high priced metro area”

Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Seattle, Washington
“Nice and well priced in a high priced metro area”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This was a nice hotel at a decent price in an area not known for both in the same sentence. The property appeared to be undergoing some improvements but things were neat, tidy and efficient. Parking is free and abundant. Rooms are older but well maintained and very clean with some modern touches and spacious. Bathrooms are small and the sink area is separate outside the bathroom in the 70s-80s style. TVs were flat screen but the stations were spartan as there weren't many to choose from. I didn't interact with the staff much but they seemed efficient and courteous.

There are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby and the hotel is very conveniently located off the 880. BART is very far away, at least 1.5 miles, so do not count on using it if you aren't prepared to catch a bus first or get there at an off-peak time to use the park and ride.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better as there might be neighbor noise, and some rooms have balconies.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Newburyport, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I chose the Garden Court Inn because I was on a one day business trip to San Jose, and my other options were either significantly higher priced, or seemed disgusting or seedy. Pluses: price, great location off the highway. Minuses: needs updating, a little musty in places, very 70s looking, breakfast was "meh". Might stay again but I'd know what I'm getting. The other reviews were a little too rosy.

• Stayed September 2012
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I really appreciated that you took the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your experienced with your recent stay. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to write a survey. I was sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several areas.

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success. We are aware that areas of our hotel are in need of a little attention and I appreciate you informing us of these needs. We are planning on refreshing areas of the hotel that requiring our attention. Let me simply say that all of us here at the Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience than you had experienced.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a survey. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Best regards,

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Made reservations with the grandparents as our usual place nearby was booked. The price for a room was about $30 cheaper, so I had some concerns about how their stay would pan out. To my relief, they raved about it. Breakfast was plentiful and filling. Rooms were well equipped and spacious. They can't wait to return with the grandkids so they can enjoy the huge pool. Applebee's and Olive Garden were in the parking lot so they were able to walk to lunch or dinner. Beds were comfortable and they noticed no freeway or road noise. In short, they've found a new place to stay now that they've experienced all that the Garden Court has to offer.

• Stayed August 2012
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn, responded to this review, September 5, 2012

It great to hear when a guest has enjoyed there stay and will continue to return to the Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn. It is great news to know when we have given our guest the customer service they expect.

I will inform our staff of the service they have given so we continue giving great customer service. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer continues service experience for all our guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you once again for the time you have taken to provide invaluable feedback which helps us in our efforts to constantly improve our operation. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Orange, California
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I was on business and spent 1 night at this hotel. Very easy to get to, right off the freeway and half a mile from a large mall. Several excellent restaurants are within walking distance. This is an upgraded Best Western and has all the conveniences you would want. Free parking, HBO and free wireless. The staff was warm and friendly. The breakfast does have some upgrades from the "standard" continental breakfast, but the staff makes this a very comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading the previous mixed reviews on this hotel, I was somewhat apprehensive of choosing it. But I must say that I was completely satisfied with my two-night stay. The room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. The AC, TV and wi-fi worked well. There was also a PC with printer in the lobby. The breakfast was basic, but on a par with similarly priced budget hotels. The location next to I-880 and the shops/restaurants was very convenient. The staff at the reception desk were friendly and gave me a "takeaway breakfast" of granola bar and juice due to my early departure on the last morning. There are certainly fancier hotels with more facilities around the area, but I felt that this place represented a good value for money. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn, responded to this review, August 6, 2012

It's great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay and that we able to show you that your bet on our Best Western paid off. I am glade we were able to show you the customer service that you expect.

Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently spent one night at this hotel just for an overnight sleep. I had booked one room ahead of time but ended up needing two. When we requested a second room the front desk was very nice and actually gave us a AAA discount even though we didn't have it. That was greatly appreciated. I did not expect much from a best western but had no choice. The hotel also had a pool which i did not use. Everything was actually better than anticipated. The rooms were very clean, and the room actually included free continental breakfast. The beds were just ok but can't complain. There are other hotels in the area such as hiltons and marriotts but if you are only spending one or two nights and looking for value this is not a bad place to do so.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I really appreciated that you took the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your experienced with your recent stay. While I was pleased to learn that you did enjoy the majority of your stay, I was concerned when I learned the Beds where less then your expectations.

It is our own goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards.

San Jose, Ca
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed in a deluxe room. Very clean, quite and comfortable.

Like most Best Western's this one comes with most of anything you would need at the hotel.

I would stay here again while in Fremont.

Two restaurants right behind hotel.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs in the back. Nice and quite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Good Nite Inn Fremont
Good Nite Inn Fremont
#5 of 19 in Fremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central
Homewood Suites by Hilton Newark - Fremont

Been to Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn? Share your experiences!