“Pleasantly Surprised”

Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed July 29, 2012

After reading the previous mixed reviews on this hotel, I was somewhat apprehensive of choosing it. But I must say that I was completely satisfied with my two-night stay. The room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. The AC, TV and wi-fi worked well. There was also a PC with printer in the lobby. The breakfast was basic, but on a par with similarly priced budget hotels. The location next to I-880 and the shops/restaurants was very convenient. The staff at the reception desk were friendly and gave me a "takeaway breakfast" of granola bar and juice due to my early departure on the last morning. There are certainly fancier hotels with more facilities around the area, but I felt that this place represented a good value for money. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

It's great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your stay and that we able to show you that your bet on our Best Western paid off. I am glade we were able to show you the customer service that you expect.

Thank you once again for the time you have taken to provide invaluable feedback which helps us in our efforts to constantly improve our operation. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I recently spent one night at this hotel just for an overnight sleep. I had booked one room ahead of time but ended up needing two. When we requested a second room the front desk was very nice and actually gave us a AAA discount even though we didn't have it. That was greatly appreciated. I did not expect much from a best western but had no choice. The hotel also had a pool which i did not use. Everything was actually better than anticipated. The rooms were very clean, and the room actually included free continental breakfast. The beds were just ok but can't complain. There are other hotels in the area such as hiltons and marriotts but if you are only spending one or two nights and looking for value this is not a bad place to do so.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

I really appreciated that you took the time to post on TripAdvisor regarding your experienced with your recent stay. While I was pleased to learn that you did enjoy the majority of your stay, I was concerned when I learned the Beds where less then your expectations.

It is our own goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed in a deluxe room. Very clean, quite and comfortable.

Like most Best Western's this one comes with most of anything you would need at the hotel.

I would stay here again while in Fremont.

Two restaurants right behind hotel.

Room Tip: Stay upstairs in the back. Nice and quite.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed here after 4 nights in a similarly-ranked Hyatt House and there was no comparison. The BW was not bad, and thankfully the hallways were not indicative of the rooms, but it did not feel like a 3 star hotel to us. While the hallways stunk of cigarette smoke and seemed shabby and outdated, the room itself was not bad. The rooms are spacious, have two comfortable armchairs and a work table, as well as big windows that can open if you want fresh air. Unfortunately, the bathroom (while clean) felt outdated. The beds weren't all that comfortable, and didn't have nice thick comforters on them, as we've been spoiled with. There were just a lot of small things that didn't quite live up to our standards.

All in all, it is pretty nice as far as budget-rate hotels go.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

I certainly appreciate you taking the time to fill out a survey. I was sorry to read that we failed to meet your expectations in several areas.

It is our goal to consistently provide the highest quality in both product and service, and it is vital to our continued success to know when we have fallen short of our own high standards. We are aware that areas of our hotel are in need of a little attention and I appreciate your light words of “shabby and outdated” and we are planning on renovations to address this issue. Let me simply say that all of here at the Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn are committed to providing a much better and more pleasant experience than you had the misfortune of experiencing.

Again, thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. I sincerely hope that you will allow us another opportunity to demonstrate our true level of hospitality and interest in serving you properly.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Found a cheap internet-only special for the Garden Court for a 1 queen bed non-smoking room. When my wife and I arrived we were upgraded to a 2 bed non-smoking queen.

Our room was on the third floor overlooking the pool area. It was large and spacious, furniture and beds were pretty new and nice. Bathroom tile and tub were a little dated (10ish years maybe?) but everything was extremely clean.

Continental breakfast was incredible! This place was fully stocked every morning we were there! I'm talking cereal, eggs, fruit, coffee, juices, muffins, scones, you get the picture. Easily the most impressive complimentary breakfast I've seen in a while.

Was within walking distance of multiple groceries and a large mall on the other side of the freeway.

The staff was extremely courteous and helpful. When we arrived one of our bags had been lost on the flight over (was returned the next day) and the front desk was more than happy to hook us up with free toiletries. They also held onto our suitcases until we returned the next day.

There was no workout area or gym (so only 4/5 stars there), but the outdoor pool was quite impressive. It was large, clean, with an extensive outside area for lounging and sunbathing, and didn't have the over-chlorinated sensation you find in most hotel pools.

All in all, we had a very pleasant stay and would highly recommend this Best Western.

Room Tip: Definitely choose 3rd floor to avoid noise from neighbors above you.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
GardenCourtInn54, General Manager at Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear TikiDan,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Garden Court Inn

Reviewed May 18, 2012

Stayed overnight here as part of our 2-week road trip in the West Coast. This was a basic no-nonsense hotel with very spacious rooms, good value for money, clean and comfy rooms and helpful staff. Can't complain.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Not sure where the last reviewers stayed but my visit was fine. Room was clean, bed comfortable, staff was helpful and friendly. TV was a newer non hd flatscreen. Walking distance to Starbucks , grocery store and restuarants. Continental breakfast was standard fare. I had a nonsmoking 2 queen room on 3rd floor.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo