“Exceptional value for the price. Will stay here again.”

Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Pros:
• Fast Check-in and check-out.
• Secured building that required door key to get in.
• Very clean room & bed (as good as Sheraton).
• Free grab-and-go breakfast. Free Wi-Fi.
• Located between SF and San Jose. (Cons: It cost ~$5 to cross those bay bridges toward SF)
• Near Safeway, Walgreen, Costco, Target.
• Very near a highway, but no noise at all.
• Full kitchen (Cons: Since people might cook in their room, there might be some cooking smell).
• Nearest gas station has low price.

Cons:
Have to ask for a hair dryer and more shampoo/conditioner from the front desk.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I book A lot of reservations at a "Corporate Lodging" rate, We get whats called a 24 hr check in.. Where we get to check out the following day at the same time as we checked in. This is a contracted rate and agreement signed by the hotel. We have someone in house that is working night's and is planned to leave tomorrow late afternoon, The hotel manager called yelling at me and i told her to read her contract with Corporate Lodging and to call them with any issues she proceeded to go off about how she will check them out herself and she doesn't have to let these employee's stay.. I have been booking hotel's at the Corporate Lodging rate and so far this is the most insane conversation i have had with a hotel Manager... SUPER unprofessional i am still in shock. Esp since the company i work for i mainly choose ESA brand hotel's and they have spent millions of dollars on these reservation's over the years being a company of over 500+ employee's who are constantly on the road. I dont't write review's often but i had to share this andwill probably forward to my ESA Rep as well.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank vaeblek
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Rather quiet hotel, Bld B, 2nd floor
Cheap

I do not call poor coffe,pastry and a fruit a breakfast
No buisness service center, only a printer
No cleaning of rooms if shorter stay than 8 Days included, could be purchased. Not empting trash.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are not acceptable, and we sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, the entire staff is going to be trained on different ways they can solve these types of issues.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels locations in the future. We invite you to contact us at sjf@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed here one night, following a trip to Yosemite and we were disappointed. Despite having booked a non-smoking room, when we got there they told us they had only smoking rooms available. After I showed them my printed confirmation and complained they found us a non-smoking room. Although marked as a non-smoking room, I'm pretty sure it was a smoking room that had been sprayed with air freshener. I also noticed the sheets on my bed had some stains, so I'm not sure if they were clean or not. Lastly, the breakfast was pretty disappointing.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

went to check in a was told by front desk person (Jesus) that they only had a queen bed room for my me, my wife and 2 sons. we had booked a room with 2 beds when we booked online.
I told Jesus that was unacceptable and that he needed to book me into a room with 2 beds. After he told me they were 100% booked for the night and didn't have any other rooms available I dcided to go outside and check their website on my smartphone.
In a matter of minutes I was able to pull up that they had several rooms available for booking and atleast one of them was a room with 2 beds. When i showed this to Jesus he said well thats a smoking room and when I told him that he just lied to my face he got attitude with me and said do you want that room or not.
We took it and when i went to check out I found that Jesus tried to put an extra charge of $20 onto my room for a rollaway bed. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
This hotel is horrible, it smells funny and the hotel staff lies and tries to steal from you.
Do not stay here.

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room.......?????? okay stay next door at the residence in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I am so disappointed to read your remarks about our staff and the issues you had with your reservation. I am very sorry that you had to encounter a situation like this, however the hotel was sold out when you came to check-in. Unfortunately, when you originally asked for an upgraded room, we were sold out of the ones in question. It seems within the hour there was a cancellation though, which enabled us to assist you further. Please know, we would never hold a reservation, instead this was a one time occurrence.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at sjf@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

upon arrival and check in they tried to double charge me on my prepaid stay and argued about it.
When I finally was able to go to my room, it was dirty. The trash under the sink was full, coffee grounds were still in the coffee maker and soap and toothpaste was in the bathroom sink. when I
asked to have it cleaned they said I could not have cleaning service for a week but I could get more towels if I wanted, when I tried to explain I just checked in and the room was dirty all of a sudden a language issue came up of "I don't understand you want towels" I said no I want a clean room, again the answer was next week you can have house keeping.

If you want to stay in filth this is the place.
I have let my company know and they will never use this place again.

P.S.
The hallways have a real bad odor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JD P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Newark, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer.

I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience. I am sorry we failed at that mission. As well, I apologize our housekeeping services did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to ensure you are provided with a clean, comfortable room while you are our guest. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and a clean room in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 510-794-9693.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Sharmilla and Praveen helped me at the front desk when I let them know of a mistake made in the room, they were extremely gracious and understanding. Also, other staff members were very friendly and inviting. We love this place, we will be back!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank vmluis

Thank You for taking your time to review your stay at our hotel. It’s great to hear that our staff took good care of you. Given our companies commitment to excellent service with fresh and clean rooms it’s no surprise to us that you were able to enjoy your stay. We pride ourselves on being the best value in town and we thank you for taking the time to let everyone know we are just that.