“Absolutely loved this restaurant and the in-laws did, too!”

Fremont Market Broiler
Reserve with OpenTable
Fremont Market Broiler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 522 Restaurants in Fremont
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2012

We went to Market Broiler last night on a whim. My husband and I noticed the place while we were shopping at Costco, and always wanted to go back and try it. My in-laws came over and wanted to take us all out to dinner to celebrate my birthday. I called to make a reservation, but they only take reservations if your party is 8 or more. So we rushed over. We arrived at 5:45 (Sunday nite) and were seated right away. I particularly liked the seating arrangements. I have 2 kids, and with their layout, we did not bother anyone! :) We tried an array of foods and here were our favorites: Appetizers-calamari and crab wontons were winners; Entrees: Avoid the ribs, but definitely get the halibut! My in-laws were just raving about it! They live in Sunnyvale, and are anxious to go back just for the Halibut! The tri-tip and steaks were cooked to perfection, and the Kid's dinners were good, too. The pizza is on a very thin crust, but the spaghetti was drenched in marinara sauce, so make sure to say, "On the side," or "Easy on the sauce." One suggestion is to order the combination plates, that way, you can sample most of what they offer. They have a bar, but not sure about happy hour. And the best part..... the fresh baked bread! OMG, it arrived quick and hot! And to celebrate my birthday, I was given the choice of raspberry cheesecake or hot fudge sundae. We ended up ordering both! My husband ordered the caramel apple pie with ice cream, too. The kids even got a big scoop of ice cream that was included with their meal. Everything was perfect! We just found our new family restaurant.

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Market Broiler has been a staple in the FISH Restaurant business in Fremont California for many years. Last years move to their new location and a marked increase in business, has not lowered the quality of food served here. Their new location does have a couple of small drawbacks. One is the parking. The lot is always full and at times, one needs to hoof it a bit to get to the front door. For those of you who are nimble, no problem, but for those of us that have gotten older, it is difficult. There is also very little Handicapped Parking, (only 2 spaces), in front, to service two side-by-side sit-down restaurants. The restaurant manager, Bob, has remained stable and on-the-job for the past 10 years. He and his stewardship can be linked directly to the vast amount of loyal customers that continue to patronize MB. Much of the staff has worked for MB for several years. Service is good, food is great. They have also added some interesting new items to the menu. Try them. Lunch is the best time to try out this restaurant if you have never been there. $ Value is good for specials and lunch menu items. Nice Bar...see Nate. Check out their Fresh Fish Market too. Take some home and cook yourself...4 Stars for quality and consistency...5 Stars for FISH in a local area restaurant.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I found this place by accident. She was shopping and I wanted to watch a College Basketball game. We walked in and were greeted warmly. The bartender put the game on and poured a beer. Both he and the hostess were friendly and told us the history of the restaurant. We read the restaurant and were impressed. We returned for dinner. We ordered the Crab Louie and Halibut Oscar. OUTSTANDING. We ate at the bar and the bar tender who was different than earlier was excellent. The food was well prepared, generous portions and nice presentation. The prices are reasonable considering what you get. TREAT YOURSELF AND GO !

Reviewed January 18, 2012

We went here with a group of 9 after a play..we were able to make reservations and they were ready for us. Our waitress was excellent at juggling a group and had food on the table promptly and correctly. I had one of the combinations.. Really good and nice to have side choices..the waitress split the bill for all of us and reminded us that the gratuitity had been added.. Appreciated!! Will go back for sure!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

I recently had dinner at this restaurant with some colleagues from work and had a very good meal overall. Nice atmosphere inside the restaurant as well. I had the scallops and halibut, both were prepared well and were fresh. Being from the Boston area, I am used to fresh seafood and the food here did not disappoint. I'm surprised by some of the negative comments that I read here as it was not my experience and all of my colleagues agreed that it was a good choice.