“Poor food quality” 2 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sparks, Nevada
“Poor food quality”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were in town to see friends and they selected this place in Fremont. I seldom go to our local Outback (Sparks, Nv) because of the overpriced/low value experience. This place however had even worse quality food. Steak too tough and poor quality. Service was ok but rushed.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank nogimmees

Hayward, california
“Boy has this place changed. And not for the better either.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

This use to be my favorite restaurant but either management has changed or workers don't care anymore. Walked in on a Wednesday night saw that tons of tables were empty but we were told to go to the bar and sit at one of the raised drink tables. I said no we really would like a table the hostess seemed annoyed with that simple request. We had to wait ten minutes and when a couple guys walked in they did call ahead they were told the same thing they actually walked out.

So we finally get seated in the best seat in the house at the rear right in front of the bathrooms. The waitress was really nice and professional the only reason I am not giving this place a one star. Every single time someone opened the restroom door it stunk like hell. That was the biggest turn off for me other people around were making comments on the smelly restrooms to.

I ordered the new chicken strips meal. Yeah. It was like large popcorn chicken with some awful creole sauce that I couldn't eat. And Chicken strips and Pop corn chicken are two different things. I made it through with the side of ranch the waitress brought over. But all night was sick with heartburn from that stuff.

The place needs a shake down. Clean it up. I might go back in a few months to see if anything has been done but geeeez horrible experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank willy550us
Los Alamitos, California
“It's OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My son and I dined in the mid-afternoon, so that there were no crowds. We were seated immediately upon entering, even having our choice of locations. We ordered the steak flights that we had seen advertised on television the night before. It take a manager's approval to match the price that was advertised on television: it didn't match what was printed in the menu!

The food was tasty, although a little skimpy for what it cost. We ended up eating two loaves of bread beforehand, so that by the time we were done, we were quite full.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Fremont, California
“Steak - I need a Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

I don't get a carving for steak very often but when I do, Outback is the only place I'll go. This last time I was a little disappointed that my favorite steak "Outback Special" is no longer 9.99, but happy to see that I have now 3 sizes to chose from! The 9 oz always works for me!

Visited May 2012
“Good service but very dark :/”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

The food was really great but the restaurant was pretty gloomy and when a restaurant is like that it doesn't seem as enjoyable and an experience that you would love