“This hotel sucks..”

Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
dublin, ca
“This hotel sucks..”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

The rooms were nice and clean. Very modern and trendy. You could tell it was just remodeled. That is pretty much the only good thing about this hotel.

Location was simple. Anyone who can read a map should be able to get any where.

The service was terrible! The worst customer service I've ever experienced. The front desk and management aren't very accommodating and are incredibly rude. If they were just a little bit nicer, I am sure they would have more returning guest.

Unfortunately I WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN! It's a shame such a pretty hotel has crappy employees.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank deeEEkay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2009

The rooms were big. The staff were friendly. The complimentary breakfast was substantial. There was ample parking. It was close to a lot of factories, one of which I was visiting.

The only negative was the aircon unit in the bedroom. It was noisy. However, it had to be left on, as the room would get very warm. Similarly in the fitness room, the temperature was set to high, at 70'F.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul H
Elmhurst, New York
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I received this hotel via Priceline. I had researched on Better Bidding the hotels and bids in the San Jose area and I saw Hyatt Place come up. Since I had stayed in another Hyatt Place and loved it, I was hoping I would get this particular one, which I did. The hotel is about 10 minutes from San Jose Airport, off 880. The area is in an office park area, with restaurants and shopping just over the 880, on the east side. There are also a couple malls nearby, including a large Asian Mall about 5 minutes away with many different types of Asian cuisine, some open until 2 AM. This was great, since all that is available late is Denny's.

When I arrived, check in was very friendly and I was given a choice of what floor I wanted to be on. The room was quite spacious, very clean, although the bathroom is a bit small. There is a fridge and 42" plasma TV. There is a free continental breakfast in the morning. You can also order hot breakfast dishes for a reasonable price. Later that night I noticed a couple of ants in the bathroom. Didn't think much of it, then I looked at the ceiling and saw hundreds of ants. I went to the front desk and told the manager who went up, apologizing and said she would change my room the next morning since it was late and the hotel was full. The next morning I was moved to the top floor with a nice view. This room seemed fine. When I checked out and opened the curtains, I saw several dozen ants crawling along the window sill. Notified the manager at check out who told me there was a problem and because it was a holiday, they could not get anyone to take care of the problem, which I thought was unacceptable. They have emergency exterminators. Because of this, I am only giving the hotel 3 stars because of the understanding and following up on the problems. To me, a few ants is not a problem. It could be the area. If it is hot outside, they come in. Doesn't mean the place is dirty. Rather ants then roaches or bedbugs. But for some, it may be a big problem. I would stay here again when in the area. I am sure the management is taking care of the problem.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank NY11373
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 21, 2009

My wife and I found this hotel on Hotwire so we didn't really know its name until we booked a 3 night stay over the weekend after visiting San Francisco on our annivesary. The only problem actually finding the Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley was my 2-year old Garmin GPS! We drove twice pass the hotel following GPS directions! Using dead reckoning instead and common sense (read: your eyes and signs!), finally got us to the hotel.

And it was worth the hassle...

The room was clean and spacious (after spending 4 nights in a well-known downtown San Francisco hotel in Union Square with a tiny and dated room!). With the techo amenities most geeks and road warriors would expect while in Silicon Valley, my wife was delighted that she could easily use her iTouch and netbook. She's not a computer nerd but loved the wireless Internet and HD LCD TV in our room. The only problem was the noisy bathroom fan which needed to be cleaned as it was out of balance and vibrating loudly.

Unlike other hotels, there are no pop machines on each of the 7 hotel floors, but you can buy pop, juice, snacks, etc. from the refrigerated display case next to the bar and reception area. The complimentary breakfast consists of apple or orange juice, coffee or tea, and milk. There was canned fruit (pineapple & grapefruit) as well as apples, bananas, and oranges. You could have hot or cold cereal, yogurt, bagels or bread (and use a coveyor belt style toaster). The staff did a great job keeping the dining area stocked with food and beverages so everything went smoothly. Breakfast time is 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM on weekdays, and 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM on weekends.

When you first check in, your credit card is preauthorized for $25/day of your stay. You can then charge your room card for hot breakfast (usual fare between $6.50 and $8.50 per entree) as well as snacks and light meals anytime up till 11:00 PM at night. My wife and I decided to not eat out one night, so we ordered a chicken ceasar salad and nachos, costing $8.50 each. It took 10 minutes for the friendly staff to complete our order for pick up. The food was tasty and well done, especially the generous serving of nachos (with beans and salsa).

Overall, this is a hotel worth staying again, although it was about 5+ miles away by freeway to Milpatas Square -- Silicon Valley's Asian Mega-Mall. This is where the local Asian population goes for Chinese (bubble tea, noodles, dim sum, seafood, etc.), Japanese (sushi), Indian and even Muslim cuisine. There are also a superemarket and speciality stores worth visiting.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2009

I stayed here for three nights while in town for business. I work just around the corner, so it was convenient and the Marriott charges entirely too much for what little amenities you get.

I was greeted immediately by the manager, who helped me use the automated guest check in kiosk. The staff was friendly enough, and when I checked into my room to find the remote to the TV missing, I was tended to within minutes. Oh, and the cable/satellite quality could use some improvement.

There is a lot of hustle and bustle because of all the business travelers coming and going, but it's something I've gotten used to. I would not bring my family here, but for solo travelers it is just fine.

I'm a huge fan of the cozy corner!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Winter Springs, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We arrived at Hyatt Place Fremont with high expectations; we had stayed at a few Hyatt Place properties around the country and were very impressed with the level of service and upkeep for the price. This Hyatt Place was more expensive than what we've come to expect, especially with so many other options around the area. The hotel looked looked like every other one we've seen in the chain with a very nice modern interior throughout. The front desk lady, while nice, kept us talking for what seemed like an eternity. This wasn't a problem, though it was odd considering their whole "streamlined" check in procedure throughout the chain.

The little food area instead of vending machines isn't for everyone, and is extremely overpriced! A salad and drink ran nearly $10, a bag of chips and a candy bar was another $5! The room was very well appointed and the TV was awesome as always (channel line up wasn't super though). We hopped in the shower right away, then noticed there was no shampoo! It was probably a small mistake but we didn't notice till we were already in the shower so there was no reason to call and get one delivered at that point. When we went to bed I noticed the overwhelming street noise; it was quite loud! This was odd because we've stayed on the same floor (top) in front of other busy highways at other Hyatt Places and never noticed any street noise. Even with the A/C running we could hear each truck driving by.

The next morning we were awoken by loud construction in the rooms nearby at 8 AM sharp. You'd think a hotel at this price level would know better than to inconvenience patrons with construction near their rooms. Shut down a floor, keep an empty room as a buffer or simply shut down the property for a week if that's what it takes. I pay more and stay in upper level chains so I don't deal with hassles like construction noise. We didn't receive our paper either, which normally I don't care about. The problem here is that the hotel keys specifically state that the paper is a mandatory surcharge that can be taken off the bill if you choose to go down to the lobby and tell them before the room is charged. It just seemed like something Motel 6 would do, especially charging me for a service I didn't ask for then not actually providing it! The continental breakfast was pretty standard, though there were some nice fruit options.

Upon check out the lady at the front desk seemed surprised when we said we hadn't received our bill under the door. She then asked if we had a pleasant stay and when I mentioned the missed shampoo, street noise and construction noise, she shrugged and went "oh, have a nice day". She didn't apologize or offer to rectify any problems. Again, something I'd expect at Motel 6 and not at a Hyatt.

All in all the room was clean, reasonably priced and nothing jumped out as horrible, but this was the worst stay we've had at the Hyatt Place chain, to the point where we paid more for a Hilton down the road to avoid it the next night due to the problems I mentioned.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoshandIssa
petaluma, ca
Reviewed August 6, 2009

Had a last minute overnite business trip. Went on priceline and received a very good rate for this hotel.

Staff was very helpful and polite. Room was spacious and modern. Bed was very comfortable. Flat screen 42" hd t.v. was a bonus. Bathroom is small, but i'm a male and didn't care. No room service but food available from the galley in the lobby. Pretty good selection.

Would recommend to friends and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business