“Better than home, and I am blessed with a nice house.”

Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed July 25, 2009

Great family rate: $129 the first night then half price the next. Ultra modern room and tv is one of those new flat screens with HD. The whole place smelled great. Free Buffet no big deal; but coffee was potent and hot.

Sweet young ladies at front desk. Plenty of parking. Close to San Jose and not far from Oakland.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cdrake3460

Reviewed July 23, 2009

Located away from major cities, but near a freeway off ramp, the hotel rooms are very spacious and modern decor. The beds were extremely comfortable. The complimentary, deluxe continental breakfast was excellent with wonderful, ripe fresh fruit and juices and great coffee! Excellent hotel for the price. The only complaint we had was we requested a room away from road noise and elevators and was initially given a room right next to the elevator.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I work in Fremont every other week, and when I can get this place on hotwire, it is a win. Great clean rooms, bath & toilet in a small dark corner (bad), big sofa. BIG TV, desk, frig,'wet bar', no micvrowave, small closet. Free breakfast and wifi, 11b, not g.
On hotwire, it is in fremont/newark, 3 stars and has 6 amenities, and is the only one that does as of this review. When available,runs around $55.
Only problem was when once I arrived the next day and the night clerk told me my reservation was canceled, but they gave it back to me the next day, but they did not reimburse me for the room I had to get (I had prepaid through hotwire).

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 29, 2009

1. Rooms are big
2. Bathrooms are small (very small)
3. TV is huge (plasma)
4. Pool is small (3.5 feet to 5 feet deep)
5. Rooms are quiet (mine was next to the elevator even!)
6. A/C and fan are not quiet
7. Free wi-fi and breakfast were typical
8. Staff was excellent.

For 63 bucks a night, this place was terrific - even Costco didn't have a rate this low and i booked on the Hyatt website. There's nothing within walking distance except a fitness club next door but it's easy to find right off the highway. Frig in the room but no microwave and few amenities.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2009

Newly remodeled Hyatt Place in Fremont looks great inside and outside. Rooms are modern, with welcome high tech touches like 42" plasma TV, easily accessible input port panel (VGA, HDMI, component, etc) for the TV, free wireless Internet, free printing from rooms to lobby printer. Bed comfort is pretty standard, what you might expect at a Sheraton. Furniture in the rooms looks pretty new, granite counter tops in the bathroom area, L-shaped couch is comfortable to sit on, and a small working desk and chair is sufficient for most purposes. Wet bar with coffee maker and fridge (empty) is provided. Connecting rooms are a wonderful feature for families with children. On check-in, the rooms were very clean and I was happy with the condition of the rooms. Check-in was hassle free at a airport like computer kiosk that you swipe your credit card at and it spits out your card keys. No personal touch at check-in from a real human, but hey, if it means I dont have to wait in a line, that's a trade-off I'm willing to make. Parking is ample, close, and free. Location is great, just off 880 at Warren/Mission so easy access to the East Bay, and many eateries at nearby shopping malls within 5-10 mins driving distance. Now for THINGS TO IMPROVE ON. First, housekeeping never cleaned either of our 2 rooms. They saw us leave at 11:00am, we even said hello to them. When we notified front desk in the evening, no apologies or acknowledging the inconvenience to us, just asked if we needed towels. There is no excuse for this kind of non service. Second, lighting in the toilet/tub is terrible. This is part of a general problem with lighting in general. The hotel has opted for cheap flourescent fixtures, probably for energy saving reasons. The fixtures themselves mostly look okay, but the color and intensity (or lack thereof in certain areas) made me feel like I was in a hospital. Hyatt designers obviously didn't see what the lighting would look like in real life when they made this decision, especially as it relates to the bathroom. Third, in an effort to open up the room to make it appear larger, the designers shoved the toilet and tub into a tiny closet-like space with the faucet and vanity in the sleeping area opposite the beds. Personally, I like the have a standard enclosed space for a bathroom, and I found this setup to be really hard to get used to. Lastly, the A/C and heat unit is a in-window kind of thing, and it is loud. It also blows right into the bed and the vent doesn't have directional adjustments. In SUMMARY, I think that the $60-$70 they charge on weekends is pretty close to what I think you get in return. It's a decent hotel, a good value for what you get, and most people will probably be happy with it. I think it really comes down to your personal preference and whether or not you want to endure some of these inconveniences to save $10-$20 a night. I'm undecided as to whether the trade-off is worth it, but I'll probably try some other hotels the next few times I'm in the area before I consider this hotel for my next stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank superfila
Reviewed February 9, 2009

Had to spend a night in Fremont but the Hyatt Place was very nice, especially for the $90/night I paid (AAA rate).

Great HD TV andwas able to patch in my DVD from my laptop (I have video out cables) to watch DVD on big screen.

The staff was friendly enough and apologized for not being available when I checked in as they had a large party checking in (wedding) but it was no hassle as they have self-check kiosks.

Also had a sandwich at their little cafe - was reasonble and good quality. Not much around the area so it was convenient. The included breakfast was fine (usual cereal, fruits, etc) so didn't need to pay for the upgraded one.

Overall very pleasant, clean hotel and would recommend.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 1, 2008

I stayed the week here on business and really enjoy the hotel. the room were large and the bed was fabulous . The staff was very helpfull and I was allowed to check out late on friday as I had a late flight and it was nice to clean up brfore going home. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Hampton Inn Fremont
Hampton Inn Fremont
#3 of 19 in Fremont
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fremont / Silicon Valley
Courtyard Fremont Silicon Valley

Been to Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!