“Good enough for the price”

Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed February 19, 2014

It ain't pretty, but its cheap in comparison to its better counterparts (say the Sheraton in Milpitas or either of the Hyatt House's in Santa Clara and San Jose). Its close enough to San Jose to be an acceptable choice--the traffic from here will be heavy but its really not very far at all. And its literally right next to the highway. The rooms are old. The sockets are all worn out. The carpet is pretty bad. But the service is okay, the rooms are fine, the water pressure is great, the internet is acceptable (say 1Mbps--don't expect to stream a lot of video), the work desk is fine, etc etc. Its FINE. Do not bring your family with you here. Don't stay here if you're picky and can pay more. But if you just want a place to work from and find the trade-off for the lower price to be acceptable, this is okay. I'd rather stay here than the Four Points Silicon Valley for example which might be slightly nicer (very slightly) but is a MILLION MILES away from anything and will take you forever to get anywhere from.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fanfoot

Reviewed February 15, 2014

Rarely have I stayed in a hotel with such attentive, competent and friendly staff.

Rarely have I stayed in a hotel so badly in need of refurbishment and renovation. It starts when you enter the room: the light switches were literally coated in dirt, the carpet is years past its prime, the brown leather chair in front of the desk showed stains whose provenance one dare not think about, both beds creaked, the light sockets were so worn out that plugs fell out all the time and the free Wi-Fi ... let's just say that in the evenings, when most guests are in, the speed reminded me of ISDN times.

The cosmetic accoutrements include shampoo and conditioner, but no body wash, the towels are not exactly see-through thin, but close.

Not again, if I can avoid it.

Room Tip: If you must go, do not ask for room 320.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank artabuneta
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I try to stay here for work when I'm in San Jose. The hotel is great, the food is decent, and the price is hard to beat. The rooms are spacious with a nice seating area and desk. It sells out a lot, full of employees from the Tesla factory across the road and other tech companies with offices nearby, so book early.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were just down there visiting schools for my son. Needed 2 beds and clean. That was met nicely and service was great!!! Great food. We received free breakfast and snacks and beverages. They have a small bar which was cute. I will return if needed.

Room Tip: construction was going on the freeway so had to go long way around
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 29, 2014

During my last year official visit to Silicon Valley, I had stayed in Hyatt place for about 2 weeks. It is a small hotel, but the rooms and other facilities were quite upto the mark.
Their breakfast spread was good, but dinner options were limited so I had to drive down to some other restaurant nearby. Which by the way was good, because I tried out lots of variety of cuisines.

The internet facility was not a problem and the staff was very courteous at all times. Though I might stay at Crown Plaza next time as it closer to my offie, but Hyatt place is worth staying.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were up in Fremont for a sports event and this hotel was close to where we needed to be. We were surprised when we got to our double room that there was a large sectional sofa, wet bar and desk in a little sitting area! The TV was much bigger than most hotels and we liked that we could watch tv on the sofa and swivel it around to watch in bed too! It was nice to be able to spread out!

Also, we arrived just before noon, and we were able to check into our hotel room without having to wait until 3! That was a huge plus!!

Breakfast was good, not great, but it hit the spot and was enough for us!

This was our 1st time staying at a Hyatt Place and we will definitely be looking into them more since we travel quite a bit!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2014

While working at Stanford University for the summer, my company was unable to secure housing close to campus due to no vacancies. Though the daily commute was intimidating, I always looked forward to coming "home" to my SPACIOUS room equipped with a comfy bed, huge flat screen, multiple outlets and choice to finish paperwork at the desk or on the sofa. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fremont
Fremont Marriott Silicon Valley
Best Western Plus Garden Court Inn
Hampton Inn Fremont
Hampton Inn Fremont
#3 of 19 in Fremont
Courtyard Fremont Silicon Valley
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central
DoubleTree by Hilton Newark-Fremont

Been to Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!