“great stay”

Hyatt Place Fremont/Silicon Valley
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I really liked this place. It was my second time staying at a Hyatt Place and both were great. The staff is really friendly. Our room was very spacious, which was really great because we stayed for 5 days and it was very nice not to feel claustrophobic. We stayed in a 2 double bed room and there was a large sectional sofa with pull out bed (sleeping on the sofa was actually more comfortable than sleeping on the pull out bed). The breakfast was good enough, same thing everyday but at least you don't have to worry about finding a place to eat for breakfast. It gets pretty busy during breakfast and there wasn't always enough places to sit, but you could always take your food up to your room. Free wifi and free parking is always great. The price we paid for this hotel was very reasonable. Location is great, right off I-880. Room was pretty quiet, didn't really hear the neighbors except we could hear whenever someone was taking a shower. I only have a couple of minor complaints. There is no microwave in the room, but there is one downstairs in the eating area you can use so not really that big of a deal (but it would've been better if there was one in the room also). I also wish the A/C was more in the center of the room. The room was pretty big so the bedroom side where the A/C was in our room was always a lot colder than the 'living room' side which was the side of the room we hung out more in when we were there. Otherwise, this is a great place and I would definitely stay here again if I am in the area.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Our room was clean and comfortable. The customer service was excellent. The hot breakfast was delicious and filling.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms facing away from freeway are quiter!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Very spatial suite room and very quite. The breakfast is also very good. The price is also very reasonable. Enjoy the stay and would recommend people travelling in bay area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I'm an extremely frequent traveler, and a hyatt diamond member. I find myself in the bay area at least 100 night a year for business, and this is my first choice of hotel (unless I bring the family and the dog, which means that I have to find a dog-friendly hotel, which this hyatt place isn't). I'm here frequently enough that the staff knows me by name.

This isn't a 5 star resort hotel, but they don't charge 5 star resort hotel prices, so I'm evaluating it for what it is, a good place to do business for a few days at a time. Based on that criteria, it succeeds on all fronts. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the breakfast is decent, and the location is convenient. Despite the 5 stars, I do have a couple of suggestions:

1. The free internet is a little slow. It's fine for basic e-mailing, but I do try to video chat with my wife and son while I'm traveling for business, and the bandwidth needed for that often isn't available.

2. The fitness center could use a little more. It's got the basics, two treadmills and an ellpitical, but I would like to see some weight machines or at least some hand weights. Not the end of the world - at least it has a treadmill, but it wouldn't hurt. Another option might be to work out a deal with the gym next door - maybe hotel guests can use the gym for a $5 or $10 charge?

Bottom line, I don't hesitate to recommend this hotel to business travelers who just want to get some work done and get a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors on the west side will have a bay view, if that interests you. But personally, the moun...
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My family of 4 recently stayed at the Hyatt Place in Fremont. The hotel is right next to I-880 off Warren Avenue, so it was very easy to enter/exit the hotel and right onto the highway. Our room had 2 double beds plus the large sleeper sofa. It was clean and modern, and a decent size for 2 adults and 2 kids. I think we were lucky that our room did not face the highway, so we did not hear any road noise. We found that the sleeping on the sofa's cushions was more comfortable than sleeping on the sleeper sofa mattress. Also, not sure if this is good or bad (my family thought it was good), the A/C unit was pretty loud, so it masked any neighbor room's noise and any road noise, as well as, sorry to say, my snoring. It took some getting used to, but it offered background noise so we all slept pretty well. The breakfast was pretty typical and not bad (my kids enjoyed the variety), and the lobby/breakfast area was modern and clean. There was also a lot of business people there, so at night the lobby area had good seating for WiFi, and people relaxing (since they also offer light snacks and alcohol drinks). Lastly, the price was excellent; we thought it was definitely worth the money. We enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed at the hotel for two days in May. Was going to stay at the Hyatt in Santa Clara until i read a couple recent negative reviews about rude staff, parking issues and having to pay for WiFi. The Hyatt in Fremont was a great! Very convienent location to I-880 and only 10 minutes to Santa Clara area. No freeway noise, large clean room w/ a separate sitting area, small kitchenette and VERY comfortable bed. They offer a great continental breakfast and also have a small bar next to the lobby. Free WiFi, lots of parking and a great price. Glad I stayed there and would recommend. Only downside is it's not within walking distance to anything like restaraunts, but if you like peace and quiet, this is a great place.

1  Thank huntfish1967
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Hyatt Place is the Hyatt Brand's less expensive chain (like a Hilton Garden Inn)
The rooms are mostly the same in every Hyatt Place. Very spacious with a separate area with couch/wetbar/desk - separated by a short half wall from the bed. Would work great for families but for business traveler is just okay. The Fremont location is very similar to all the rest

Free buffet breakfast - large variety of foods but the rock hard, prefab egg mcmuffin and cold brick hard pancakes are not good. This is same in every Hyatt Place. Stick with cereal, yogurt, fruit, toast, bagels. The free coffee is some of the worst I have ever had and the hot food is convenience store-like and not kept in any warming trays - really bad stuff but again standard at all Hyatt Places - not just this one. Also, consider paying extra to get real Starbucks coffee from the snack bar - criminal but the free is crazy awful.

A limited but decent menu of food to order - no room service but a deli case of food/drink and a few hot items to order make it convenient when in a hurry. Mini-fridge (and optional microwave for a small fee) in room are good add.

Lighting in rooms is horrific - one of the worst I have seen in hotels - can't see much on work desk or in bathroom mirror or on couch even with curtains wide open to let sun in. Also just made the nice, modern room seem dreary and unpleasant when it really is not. Again all Hyatt Place's are like this - it is enough to make me consider different hotels because it is seriously depressing and non-functional.

Wireless seemed okay - not fast but not excessively slow like the one I experienced in an Austin one recently. Free throughout the hotel in this location. Printing was free with printme which is a good idea in theory but slow and painful to deal with.

Fremont location - nice friendly staff, very clean, super busy frenetic pace but worked well. The cleaning crew are friendlier and nicer than the front desk folks. But the front desk is so busy that I suspect that they can't be overly friendly cuz they are so swamped, however they are helpful and efficient and do their job well if a bit chilly. Great location along I-880 - easy access to freeway in both directions, excellent parking. Parking lot was well-lit - a plus at night.

Weekdays were busy with business travelers, but the weekend was jammed with people and large amount of kids (sports teams, wedding parties etc) and I mean jammed but hotel handled it well. Given that these Hyatt Places are not 600 rooms or something like some hotels in tourist areas - it is still much, much better than a big crowded hotel chain even when crowded.

The fact that you have to look at the bathroom sink as part of the room so you can't quietly or privately get ready or use shower/toilet. Also the mirror stares back at you in a big chunk of the room but probably no doors/walls saves space.

All in all - I was fine with it but weirdly I think I like even cheaper Hampton Inn or other Springfield Suites places better if I want to do moderate price (non-full service) but it is predictable like a McDonalds and give Hyatt points so it draws me in.

Room Tip: All are very, very similar with only real difference one or 2 beds (2 beds rooms are slightly longer...