“"The Greatroom Experience"”
Review of The GreatRoom

The GreatRoom
Reserve with OpenTable
The GreatRoom is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 488 Restaurants in Fremont
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Private Dining
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fremont Blvd and Landing Parkway
Transit: BART Station is 6.5 Miles away from the restaurant.
Description: Executive Chef Paul Rohadfox, voted best new chef of San Jose in 2006; brings his culinary expertise to the city of Fremont with the use of high quality and locally sourced ingredients. Formerly working in both Santana Row and San Anselmo, his creations have received critical acclaim as well as a bevy of awards. Those talents are now focused on our business clientele as well as raising the bar for fine dining experiences in the Tri-City area. theGREATROOM offers a smart casual dining experience where one can not only hold a business dinner, but can also unwind in our lounge and catch their favorite sports team. Featuring 80 seats and 150in TV Video Screen with options for both large groups as well as smaller, more intimate gatherings; our menu is designed to satisfy every palate.
Fremont, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"The Greatroom Experience"”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

My two brothers and I decide to stop in while we were shopping for the holidays and found that the Greatroom was a very nice and relaxing spot to stop and just wind down for a few hours. The Sportsbar atmosphere allowed us to take in a couple of events and enjoy our refreshments before we continued our holiday shopping adventure.

Enjoyed our time there and will return.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bert M
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at The GreatRoom, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for your recent review on theGREATROOM. We look forward to hosting you again for drinks and sports. We also have a great menu featuring the culinary creations of Executive Chef, Paul Rohadfox, and his culinary team. See you soon!

Sydney, Australia
“The Greatroom Marriott, Fremont”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Great atmosphere for the sporting at heart. With the huge sports screen there is always a game or a number of games on the multiple TV panels as the bar staff use an iPad to select channels - very Silicon Valley.

Dinner menu at the Bar is great and friendly. Breakfast is friendly and has great service.

If you ever have business in Silicon Valley or in the Bay area then it's well worth considering.

• Visited August 2012
MarriottFremontGM, General Manager at The GreatRoom, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments and 4star review on Trip Advisor.

Regards,
Orlando Carrasquillo
Sacramento, California
“Unless you have a million years to wait for your food, find somewhere else to eat”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I did not have a good experience with this place. All I can say, it the service sucked but due to the location of the hotel, unless you have a car (which I didn't) eating there is your only option unless you like McDonalds. I ate there twice, once for a Friday Dinner and Saturday morning breakfast.

Friday's service was slow despite there being a few people. I ordered a Margarita pizza and my mother ordered a soup. They brought my pizza out and several minutes later brought my mom's soup. This made no sense to me as I would figured they'd either bring my mom's soup first or both together.

Saturday was just out of control. I arrived at 8:30am for some breakfast. Mom and I decided to skip the buffet and order the following: oatmeal with OJ for me and pancakes with coffee for mom. At 9:00am after seeing 2 waiters buzz back and forth past me, I asked the manager what it would take to place an order. He apologized and took my order...we waited...and waited...and waited. At about 9:20 a waiter comes with (get this) PANCAKES ONLY! NO syrup, no coffee, no orange juice, no oatmeal. I asked him for some syrup. He brought it and never returned until I stopped him and asked for OJ and coffee. He rushed back with two glasses of OJ and no coffee. At about 9:45, I saw the manager and told him to cancel my order because I had to go. He must've known they messed up because he didn't charge us.

Visited February 2012