Motel 6 Fremont North
$135
$159
Hotels.com
Good Nite Inn Fremont(Fremont)(Great Value!)
$81
$123
Travelocity
$169
Travelocity
All reviewskeep up the good worksirmarlenatvdesk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I agree with "Patrick M". I know that I generally don't take the time to write a review unless I've had a negative experience. and I suspect that many of the critics here do likewise.

I feel I need to balance the record. I love Motel 6; I rely on Motel 6. I drive all over the country with my large black dog, and I don't always know where I'll be stopping for the night.. But when I see the Motel 6 sign, I know we can count on a clean, comfortable room that will accommodate both of us -- w/o surprise surcharges for the dog. I have always found the staff to be friendly and accommodating. No, they don't offer hot breakfasts like higher-starred hostelries, but I'm not fool enough to believe that non-breakfast eaters like by myself are not paying in full for the "free deluxe" meals offered by other hostelries -- whether or not we choose to eat them.

$3/ per day to access internet is also annoying, but liveable.

(In this case, the Lucky's Market next door offers a full compliment of baked goods My one suggestion to the Motel 6 chain is that in addition to morning coffee, all stores offer hot water for tea or chocolate for us non-coffee drinkers. This particular motel DOES offer hot water, and is adjacent to a shopping center with a Lucky's market.

I'd stay here before, and I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: At the time I stayed, there, two-bed rooms were in short supply and only available on the upper floors. While most of the rooms (I've seen) are quite sunny, watch out for the ones in dark corners behind the stair wells.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The more I read some reviews of different Motel 6s, the more I think they're planted by the competition.

This place is clean, quiet, the morning coffee is drinkable, a cheery "good morning sir" from the desk clerk.

I'm here on business for a start-up company and money is tight. I'm really thankful that this chain exists. They're owned by the Accor group in France where I live. If you have a problem with one of these Motel 6s and don't get satisfaction in the States, write to corporate in France - you probably will get a more attentive ear.

For a short stay, this place is perfect

Quit yer belly aching!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Have stayed here a few times. Again its motel 6. What can you really say?? the staff has always been friendly and helpful. The rooms have been fairly consistent. I had one incident where I was not happy with the cleanliness and they resolved it very quickly. Beds are again your average motel 6 bed. not real comfy but will do. There are a few decent place to eat close by. it is close to the freeway but not so close you get the noise. If you need a clean quiet room for a night or two it is a good place for the money. If you want amenities of course you will have to look elswhere.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Steve H
Reviewed September 14, 2011

If you want to spend under $50 in a major metro area, you have to lower your expectations. Certainly the case here. Check-in clerk was friendly and competent, but the first room he gave me had a horrendous smell. No way. The second room smelled okay – and on the upside and new carpets and curtains and a fresh coat of paint. But the shower had a leaky showerhead, the AC had a broken grille (but worked), the chair was wobbly, and unlike most M6s with one bed, there was no table. Bed was swaybacked and lumpy though I slept fine. Bare bones and marginal, but tolerable for true tightwads.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Brewsbee
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Until recently, I would have given this Motel 6 location at least 4 Stars, as I've stayed here before as it is an inexpensive Motel alternative, always clean, quiet, and safe, with a grocery chain, small restaurants, and misc. business services adjacent, within walking distance. However, after my last visit...

a $$$ WARNING to everyone.

The payment methods of the Motel 6 office is atrocious. I was charged twice for the same room, for the same night, because the office's Credit Card/Debit machine was not "working properly". I spoke with the Motel Manager, who said that he would "personally" resolve the problem, and I followed up with a detailed reference letter, all of which was ignored by the management. And, Corporate Motel 6, will not help as each establishment functions on it's own. Considering what it cost me to stay there, from now on for these quick trips, I'll give my business to the other Motel chains like Super 8, Days Inn, etc.. They are a little bit more but quite a bit less $$ considering the outcome. And If you need to spend a bit more anyway, you might as well get your money's worth as the other motels have so many more basic amenities already built into the price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business