“good price, good sleep”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Atascadero, California
“good price, good sleep”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This motel is one we have been staying at for several trips. It is very quiet and easy to drive to. We stay here, park at the BART station in Fremont, then have a fun visit to San Francisco with no car worries.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Please accept our sincere thanks for your recent correspondence regarding your pleasant experience with our hotel.

We are always pleased to hear from our guests, especially when we have succeeded in making their experience a pleasant one. It is our goal to give our customers the best possible service. Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are proud of their accomplishments. We are particularly pleased when they succeed in making a valued guest, such as yourself, feel welcome.

Your continued loyalty is very important to us

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Arroyo Grande, California
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We dropped by the Good Nite Inn, Fremont, CA. While visiting friends in in San Jose, CA. We were not sure of the hotel, but the price was good so we took a chance. This was a combination buisness and pleasure trip and I must say this was the best part of our next to seeing our children. And we will be back again and again.

Room Tip: call early
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Ukiah, CA
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I chose this motel because I needed a place to stay before a next-morning meeting near downtown San Jose, and I didn't want to fight the freeway traffic by having to make a 3-hour drive early in the morning. It's a decent motel, especially since most of the other options I looked at in the same vicinity were about twice the cost of the $67 room (King, non-smoking) that I reserved. I was pleasantly surprised to find the room had a flat screen TV and a refrigerator. The room was clean, the bathroom fixtures and shower worked well, and it was a reasonably quiet location,even though it's near (and convenient to) I-880. Would I stay here again? Probably. It's certainly no more than a 2-start property (maybe 1 1/2, depending on the rating system), but it was certainly adequate and I have no complaints.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank CA_rat_doctor
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this review, April 3, 2013

Eureka, California
Reviewed March 23, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked this motel through Orbitz. I read many reviews & they are split. Here are the facts as I saw them (room 238 is where we stayed with one king bed):
Pros:
*It was cheap, $50+ a night with a $5 fee for Internet per night. (It's not free so that they can keep the room price down).
*It was relatively clean (bed sheets were clean as were the fixtures, etc). However, the walls had some toothpaste and other unidentifiable things.
*The vending machines all worked and had toiletries as well as snacks.
*All the lights worked and they were comfortably bright.
*All electric sockets worked and were tight so none of our chargers fell out.
*Though the doors are outside instead of facing an indoor hallway, it was still relatively quiet (and we had two bus fulls of teenagers stay the night).
*It is within an hour to SF and 10-15 minutes to San Jose and other surrounding cities.
*Fridge in the room.
*Nice hot water with a tall shower head.
Cons:
*The bed frame was too small for the bed.
*The desk clerk was too shy to make conversation and made her appear rude. She didn't offer the Internet or ask how she could make our stay better. That was a real downer. AND when I did go and ask about the Internet, she did not offer where to put the code (if you get on the page, you will know what I mean. Put it in the prepaid box)
*My bf and I are not much TV watchers, but we did have it on one of the nights and the cable kept cutting out until we would change channels and then flip back.
*The fire alarm went off at 1 am on the first night we were there. Of course, it was caused by cigarette smoke in a non-smoking area. We are quite forgiving people but I could see where that would be irritating to some.
*No Microwave and no continental breakfast (but again, it keeps the motel cost down, which I completely understand).
*The cooler just wasn't that cool. It just felt as if a fan with a cool wash rag had been blowing on us.
*The faucet in the shower was labeled incorrectly. The hotter water was toward the "C".
*Some water damage to floor and fridge cupboard door.
*There is only two vending machines and they are next to the office.

Room Tip: Only tried one room so not an expert.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SiaKahleah
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this review, March 26, 2013

We look forward to serve you on your next visit to our area.

Your continued loyalty is very important to us.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night and it was the worst dump I ever stayed at the room was nasty the staff was rude and the beds OMG the were like rejects from the factory they squeaked and made noise all night and I could feel the springs and the rest of the room looked normal until u started to use it. I totally think you'd be better off at another place. Just don't stay here and find a better place to rest your head!!!

• Stayed March 2013
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Ruben V, we have made some numerous changes and have added additional staff to our location and we are sorry you feel our hotel was not to your liking. I wish you would inform us of your stay with us while you are at the hotel. I know my 24 hour staff would have helped you find a better room. Unfortunately we can not address any issues after you have already left the hotel. You mentioned our staff was rude but if that was the case, I would have recommended you contact me the "General Manager" personally. I know we could have found something for you, even if we were close to selling out. We are very sorry for any inconvenience, but I know we will continue to work hard in the future.
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here 10 nights and checked out yesterday. Very nice room. Clean, flat panel TV, amenities and right off the 880 so access to San Jose was a breeze. I had asked for a special room service when I was in the room one day and they came within the hour. The price was amazing and the coffee in the morning was hot. McDonald's a few steps away for a quick bit. It was just over the bridge from the Tesla plant, my dream car.

Would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GNIFremont, General Manager at Good Nite Inn Fremont, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We will continue to work hard in making sure all our guest enjoy their visit to our location. Thank you.