“A diffrent location, a different value”

Extended Stay America - Fremont - Warm Springs
Ranked #14 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Hilltop
“A diffrent location, a different value”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

If anyone did not like Extended StayAmerica Fremont, then try Extended StayAmerica Newark, where I stayed for 3 months early 2010. Actually that's the place I want to review but somehow this website could not lead me there.

When I arrived, Extended StayAmerica Newark had only rooms in the smoking section available, so I took one. The corridor did smell heavily, but once inside the room for 10 minutes, the smell disappeared, at least mentally. The towels and sheets were clean, but not the toilet seat. Don't know how the maids missed that part.

The kitchen was neat, with adequate cookware and tableware provided. The stove, microwave, and large refrigerator all worked well, which I used almost daily. The walls were not solid, so dimly heard people talking in adjacent rooms, but luckily all were quiet at night. Actually the one who made the most noise was me, as I had a bad flu the first 2 weeks there and couldn't help coughing and whizzing all through the night. I even apologized to the couple in the next room when I met them in the hallway.

The best part of the stay was the price. I signed up for 2 weeks only at first, which cost some $700, but quickly switched to a 2-month stay at $1050 per month. The manager was nice enough to convert my first 2 weeks into part of the 2 month contract so I paid less. The low rate contracts must be in 2-month durations, so for the 3rd month I paid about $1500. Overall still much better than what one gets for $36/night in a cheap motel.

One day toward the end of my stay there, a clerk informed me that some maintainance guys were coming into my room the next day to adjust the air conditioner, and it might take over an hour. I told him the AC worked fine and that I objected to the intrusion, and should not regular maintainence work always be scheduled in between guest stays? The management obliged and no maintainence came.

There were shopping malls within walking distance but Mowry Av. is a busy thoroughfare ramping onto i880. Crossing it is not advised, especially with grocery bags.

Room Tip: The place I reviewed was at : (510) 794-8040 - 5355 Farwell Pl, Fremont, CA Newark is part of Frem...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Korean first
NH
Reviewed March 22, 2012

When we were scheduled for an extended stay in the San Francisco Bay Area , we found that VRBO options were out of our budget. So we decided to consider corporate hotels - the only one with availability was Extended StayAmerica Warm Springs Fremont. No wonder - this place is the pits and has staff that does not care. The smell is horrid - something like burning plastic crossed with burning illegal herb substances if you know what I mean. We have stuck it out here for a month and hated every minute. Sigh. If we are assigned to this area in the future, we would prefer to rent an RV than stay here again.

Room Tip: The best room would be one at another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business