All reviews front desk above expectations nice feature excellent complimentary breakfast a lovely stay beer and wine hot breakfast road noise air conditioner business trip spacious room easy access king bed living area stayed here for nights coffee maker san jose
Reviewed July 26, 2018

Between the rate we were given and staying in a one bedroom suite w/ a King Bed, it was fantastic. Perfect for our family of three, as our little one year old was able to stay in the main room (Slept in a pack and play that we brought), and my husband and I stayed in the one bedroom. The air conditioner quality wasn't the best, and the doors squeaked like crazy (These are things we notice as newbie parents with a sleeping tot.). However the room space, cleanliness, and comfort of the room was decent. Pool and workout areas were nice and the breakfast each morning was awesome. Overall had a positive experience, and I would most likely stay here again if I had the opportunity to come back.

Also, for those wondering, the one bedroom is separated by a closing door, there are two tv's (One in the main living area, and one in the bedroom). One bathroom that is also separated from the living space/bedroom. Also comes with a mini fridge (No freezer), an extra sink, microwave, and coffee maker. The couch in the living area folds out into a bed.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HiExFremontManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

Thank you Rachel C for reviewing our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also glad to hear that everything worked out for your family with the little one. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time that you are in the Fremont area. Once again thank you for the review. And I hope that you have a nice day!

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

One of the better breakfasts of the Holiday Inn Expresses. AV plug ins below tv. For wanting to be high tech I was a little surprised no usb C. Outdoor pool was heater, which was nice. Wall between the queen beds was cool. Only 3 stars because I question the cleanliness. Found someone else's sock next to my bed and all of us got bug bites while sleeping there.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2018

I stayed here once before and the stay was good. But this particular 4-night stay was half good and half bad. So I check in and go to my room. The room was hot - current temperature in the room as per thermostat 73 deg while it was set at 69 in cooling mode. Called up the front desk - the person didn't know how AC works in the room. He is asking if it is set to Auto - yeah it is - but that is just for the fan - nothing to do with cooling. The phone connectors in this room must be in bad shape since the call dropped in the middle and then I couldn't even get dial tone. So I make it back to the front desk. First it ls, "we have no other room". Then he gives me the absolute last room at the end of a long corridor. So I walk all the way to the room and the room key does not work. Then I have to walk all the way back. BTW - 3 more individuals standing there for checking in - so how come he could not given me one of the other rooms. Anyways, checkin into the room and the road noise is really bad. I looked it up on Google map and you can too - basically one wing of the hotel is running right parallel to 880 hwy - the only thing between you and the highway is the hotel parking lot. Even with AC running with fan to run in high mode, I could get the road noise. Didn't sleep well at all for 2 nights. They keep saying, "welcome Platinum Elite" member but Platinum must mean dirt level. And it wasn't my fault that the AC was not working - so why was I getting penalized by moving from a non-noisy room to a nosiy room?

Then next night when I come into the hotel, the front door is locked. You have to insert the key to open. Keys don't work. So ring the bell and get new keys. Off to the room - it takes 15 tries to open the door. And I am like, "please open - I don't want to walk back".

After the 2nd night, they were able to switch me to a pool side room. So much better - I didn't any AC noise to try and drown out the highway noise. For some reason, the room key worked on the 1st try too.

My guess based on google earth view is that 40%+ rooms will be subjected to the road noise of big trucks. Irony of all this is that they put a card in the room about getting "zzzzz" (sleep). With that high probability of getting a road noise room, I have to say NO to this property. It is fine for companies to build next to highway - but then they should be paying more attention to insulation - else I am definitely staying away. And if you can't sleep with too much road noise, you should too!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank PrincipalMember
HiExFremontManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Good morning Principal Member. I would first of all like to apologize to you for the problems that you went through on your first two nights. I do see that you checked into our hotel at a very busy time. And when the desk agents first changed your room they were not trying to penalize you by putting you with a room on the freeway side. It's just that was all that we had left due to a cancellation. I do understand that you are a Platinum member with IHG Rewards. And we do value your business & all members & non members business. But there are busy convention times that make it hard for us to accommodate every guest. Once again I do apologize for the problems that occurred during the first part of your stay. I you do return to our hotel again. Please call ahead. And we will try our best to block you in a room away from the freeway.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Chose this hotel for its location near to Oakland airport for the first night of a two week vacation from the UK. The hotel is very nice with good sized rooms and lots of facilities, the Holiday Inn Express complimentary breakfast is a great option and has something for everyone.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MrBlush

Thank you Sir for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And I hope that you will stay with us on your next trip to the Fremont, CA area. Once again I would like to thank you for the review. And I hope that you have a great day!

Reviewed March 2, 2018

I don't typically leave 5 star reviews, but this hotel is certainly deserving.

I was having one of those nightmare travel weeks. At the tail end of my trip, my flight home got cancelled and I needed to find a hotel for the night. San Jose is always a tough place to find a hotel as the supply is low and demand is high. Anyways, I found this hotel and made my way from the airport to the property. When I arrived, it was around 5pm and the front desk said your room isn't quite ready. They asked me to wait about 15 minutes and I figured this was just par for the course for the week. The lobby breaks out into another room with large flat panel televisions and as I went to sit down, one of the workers asked what I wanted on the TV. We put the Warriors NBA game on and then they brought out pizza's, salads, beer and wine. I grabbed a few slices, and watched the game. By the time I finished my dinner, the room was ready.

My room was clean, spacious and quiet. If you are on one side of the hotel, it is pretty close to the 880 freeway, but there is surprisingly little road noise. I set my alarm for 4am and went to bed.

The next morning when I arrived at the airport, I realized I left my iPhone in the room. It was too late to drive back, so I used a pay phone and called the front desk. They said they would get the phone and leave it for the manager. Let me now say, this was the first time I have traveled without the comfort of my cell phone. Once I got past the initial panic, it actually became quite relaxing. Once I got home, I spoke with the front desk and they asked me to print a label and email it to them for shipment. My work printed a label, but unfortunately it had the wrong FROM address and FedEx wouldn't dispatch a pickup to the address manually. After talking to the Holiday Inn again, they offered to drive it to a FedEx location and the phone arrived the next day.

Thank you again to the staff at the Holiday Inn Fremont. This was way beyond my expectations, and they were extremely helpful when trying to get something done from another state. I will definitely be back to this location.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
HiExFremontManager, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fremont Milpitas Central, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2018

Thank you trifocal3 for the Five Star review. I am glad that we were able to help turn your travel week around some. I think almost everyone has had one of those weeks that started out bad. But at least they had those one or two things that happen to make it a little better. I am glad that we were able to help you out. I am also glad to here that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next visit to the area. I hope that you get to enjoy your time at home & relax. I also hope that you have a great weekend!