“Get What You Pay For”

Extended Stay America - Fremont - Fremont Blvd. South
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Fremont
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is definitely a case of you get what you pay for. This hotel has one of the cheaper rates in the area, and... you get what you pay for. Was harassed by staff during do not disturb, they performed construction/maintenance on my room WHILE I WAS RENTING IT - and they also used harsh chemicals. Housekeeping did not clean my room. And a few other unpleasant things...

Room Tip: I don't know that there is such a thing as a good room. Not facing the freeway, if you must sta...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Leo S
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Fremont Blvd. South, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. I will be working with my staff to ensure that no guest is disturbed or harassed during their stay and that this does not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at fmt@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel. The rooms are average, just like any hotel, but the rooms have kitchen settings. This hotel is more for long term guests. The staff here are awesome, the girls are friendly and ready to help!
I guess the only negative thing I can say is the internet and refrigerator noise at night. :/ We paid for the internet upgrade but still it was slow.
We stayed for 14 nights and we only had service 1 time! I guess they only do it once a week, but the staff gave us some to replace.

Overall we enjoyed our stay. We recommend it. Very Quiet as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank larisb64
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Fremont Blvd. South, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It is great that you enjoyed our convenient location. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Still, I am sorry that the WiFi connection was slow during your stay. In response, I am reaching out to our internet provider about this issue so it does not affect our guests in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

As a previous rewvier said "Stay as a Last Resort"! I should have taken the time to read the reviews, but was in a rush and totally overpaid for a place with Poor service!
They provide absolutely NO amenities or housekeeping. I thought they'd at least make your bed and provide body lotion!
Plus the bed was lumpy and the room very dark. Just a "blah" place, that's all I can say....
Would not recommend or stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fremont - Fremont Blvd. South, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I sincerely apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. Please know, we do offer offer housekeeping once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. Guests staying for less or that would like service in between can request this and it will be provided for a minimal fee. As well, we are more than happy to exchange any linens or towels at the front desk. I am sorry this was not communicated to you at check-in. I will work with the staff to ensure it is moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at fmt@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

So, we're finishing up our 2 week stay here tomorrow. We're relocating and finally found an apartment (yay!). We chose this location because it was the least expensive option in the area and it's an easy commute to work. There's not much close by and the hotel doesn't have any extras (pool, ice machine, fitness center). The staff here is very friendly and helpful, but the hotel is kind of icky. We're pretty sure our room is used as a smoking room (or they just haven't replaced the carpet since a smoker was here). It smells musty and stale--and our window is broken so we can't air it out. Our comforter had stains on it when we checked in...ick. Oh, and the queen bed is actually a full size. Basically, if you can afford $20 more dollars per night...stay there. We're checking out early and they want to charge us a higher rate because of that. Hopefully check-out tomorrow won't be too much of a hassle. If so, I'll update this.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have been staying here for awhile and I can say the staff is very friendly and helpful. The only thing that I can say bad is that the TV's cuts off every 3 hours if you stay on one channel, which is not good when you are watching something. But overall I would recommend this place to friends and family. Thank you to management and staff for making us feel welcomed here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I only spent one night, but I will spend many more here as work brings me to this area. Staff is extremely helpful, room is clean, quiet, comfortable. This property would be very good for much longer stays. It would be nice if they had an ice machine...I do not like to depend on the ice in the freezer of the room's refrigerator.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are away from the freeway, although the room I had on the east side was not a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We have been staying here since November of 2012. This is our temporary home until we find a permanent home. Everyone here is so wonderful and helpful. I would especially like to give a great big shout out to Alma and Maira as they have given us the best service possible! They both are so friendly and make our stay here the best! If in the future we need a temporary place to stay we will deffinately look for an Extended Stay and hope that each one we stay in will be as friendly as this one. I deffinately would recommend this one to friends and family! Along with the friendliness of the staff the rooms are great! Quiet and very well taken care of. We feel very safe staying here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family