All reviews free breakfast bbq area stainless steel appliances bedroom suite sports court waffles john wayne orange county airport full kitchen the sofa bed no elevator every morning aaa discount comfortable stay min drive a nice place to stay comfortable beds close to the airport
Reviewed October 14, 2017

I was in town for a 6 nights for business and brought my family (husband, mother and aunt along). The four of us shared a two-bedroom/two-bathroom suite on the bottom floor.

Pros:
- The location is good; not only was it close to the office I was working in, it's close to the airport, has easy access to the freeway and is close to lots of food options and gas stations and not too far from beaches.
- The suite has a full kitchen.
- The front desk check-in process was easy.
- Any staff we encountered were friendly.

Areas of Opportunity:
- The breakfast was okay - standard hotel breakfast fare (waffles, boiled eggs, etc.), but there was no bacon and no potatoes.
- Parking costs $7/day, but that seems to be average for that area.
- The biggest area of opportunity is the room needs some major updates: The furniture is worn and has frayed corners; the desk chair was not comfortable to sit in for longer than 5 minutes; the walls and ceilings need fresh coats of paint; the carpet was worn, needed replacing and felt very icky - normally I am okay with wearing thick socks or shoes inside hotel rooms (never barefoot), but there I would only wear shoes after I felt the ickiness. You can see where there have been some updates (the tiling in the shower, the vanity in the bathroom, etc.), but it looks like they started and didn't continue. Also, we were close to the basketball court, which was right by our bedroom window; so, people playing basketball at 7am woke us up on the Saturday morning.
- The pillows were not that comfortable.
- The rooms could use ceiling fans.
- It also felt odd that the full-length mirror was directly across from the toilet. It's a small thing, but it seems like there could be a better place for it.
- The Internet was not the greatest, particularly when using it for an extended period of time. It dropped periodically and randomly. There was only wireless and no LAN cable (one at the desk would have been nice).
- It would also be nice to have a printer onsite (even if there's a fee).

Overall:
It was okay. I chose this hotel because it has 2-bedroom/2-bathroom suites, which I wanted for the 4 of us traveling together. If I had that situation again, I would choose this hotel again because again it wasn't terrible. However, if I had a situation where I did not need a 2-bedroom/2-bathroom suite, I would definitely choose another Marriott property in the area.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank 1Aislinn
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley with us. I am very sorry our current appearance was not what you had anticipated. We strive to maintain the highest standards, not only in service, but also with regards to maintaining the overall look and feel of the hotel. Unfortunately, this sometimes requires essential renovations in our guest areas.

As you noticed, we are currently due to a major renovation of our hotel. This is sure to provide a highly functional space and stylish décor that meet the modern needs of our valued guests, like you.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations during your past stay, I hope you will consider Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley on your next visit to Fountain Valley so that we can better deliver upon the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

2nd time staying here because we had a good time last year. Location is great. Quiet and away from all the hustle and bustle of high tourist areas but centrally located between all major attractions we want.

Few issues this time. No bacon! Breakfast for 9 days with no bacon???? Kids love bacon. Overall breakfast was kind of bland. None of the Marriott breakfast potatoes either. Also our dishwasher did not clean the dishes well. Having a full kitchen is great with a large family but it would be nice if everything worked properly.

Most annoying are the little flying insects at this location which seem to love flying into any room we stay in. Overall we would come back again regardless of these minor issues.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank R6908OYwilliams
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley! We are delighted that you came back to our hotel to visit us again and that you found our central Orange County location convenient to all that Orange County has to offer! We are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this location due to my daughters softball tournament. Great location near Fountain Valley Sports Park.

The Pros:

LOVE having a kitchen to be able to prepare meals. Full fridge, utensils, etc.

Comfortable beds!

The room was clean!

Shower was great!

Nice people work there!

The Cons:

Small breakfast room, mediocre food, not like other Residence Inns...

Grounds need a good cleaning along with Lovby windows and room

Cleaning and replacement of towels was inconsistent

The pool always had leaves

There is a cost for parking

Overall, it was a good stay. It was comfortable for my family. It was a great location and with the AAA discount the price was a really good value.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location convenient and that you were able to spread out in our suite with your family! We are also pleased that you were able to enjoy our fully equipped kitchens and that you found your suite clean. We will be sharing your comments with our team as we strive to provide a flawless stay each time to every guest! We are looking forweard to seeing you again the next time you visit Fountain Valley!

Reviewed August 7, 2017

I booked a 2 bedroom suite from August 6th-18th. My wife was getting cancer treatment in LA and thought we would bring the family for a vacation. I reserved and paid for the room a couple of months in advance. In the middle of our flight from Baltimore to LA, I got an email stating our room was overbooked and our reservation was cancelled. I called them and they said they understand my situation but not to worry, I would be fully refunded. They said I would be free to reserve a room in another one of their hotels that had a vacancy. What's the point of having reservations if they don't honor them? I read that this is a common practice with Marriott.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Charles K
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience in regards to your recent reservation with us. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal. Please accept our sincere apology for the reservation issues you experienced. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward. Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Fountain Valley.

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Nice and relaxed atmosphere here with friendly welcoming staff. Rooms are nice and spacious. Nothing here within walking distance. Beach is 15 min drive shops supermarkets 5-10 mins.
Nice breakfast in the lobby every morning hot and cold food.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank paul b
Ryan F, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to review your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach/Fountain Valley on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found the hotel stay relaxing and with a welcoming staff. We are also happy that you found our central location convenient to the beach and shopping. As breakfast is "the most important meal of the day" we are happy that you were able to get your day started at our complimentary breakfast buffet offering each day. We are looking forward to seeing you again the next time yur travels bring you to Fountain Valley!