All reviews free breakfast bbq area stainless steel appliances bedroom suite sports court waffles john wayne orange county airport full kitchen the sofa bed no elevator every morning aaa discount comfortable stay min drive a nice place to stay comfortable beds close to the airport
Reviewed July 18, 2013

It is one of the few in the area that offers two bedrooms. The bedrooms are big enough, each with a TV. Beds are relatively comfortable. The kitchen offers bare essentials, but enough so you can cook a meal. They do offer hot breakfast and a lite dinner most days. The meal quality is average, but it's handy. The "living room" is quite small, but has a TV and a work station for your computer. WiFi is complimentary and works well.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Prefer second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear harding3,

Thank you for talking the time to write a favorable review about your recent stay with us. It is comments like yours that drive and remind us to keep doing what we're best at, and look for the opportunities to improve on.

I value and appreciate your time and feedback!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We just returned from a weekend getaway to a couple of beaches and stayed at this residence inn 2 nights. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. It's not to far from Huntington Beach and Seal Beach. Compared to other residence inn hotels, this is now one of my favorites. Why? Let me tell you: we stayed in a studio unit (king size bed and sofa bed) and it was very roomy, bathtub/toilet room wasn't tiny (can easily move around in there to change), long counter space by the sink bathroom (very helpful when you have toothbrushes, combs, makeup, hair clips, etc...). Our unit was clean and the bed comfortable. Kitchen was perfect to hold our snacks and prepare lunch. We're definitely going to stay here again.

TIP: there are no elevators to the second floor. If this is an inconvenience for you, request a first floor room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Julie R,

I am happy that you found our hotel to be the perfect place to stay for your weekend getaway. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback and the experience that you had at our hotel.

I am familiar as to how hot it can get in Bakersfield during the summer, so my team and I look forward to seeing you again soon and providing the Marriott Spirit to Serve!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Checked in here to meet up with some friends in the area. Great location, SUPER friendly staff...EVERY staff I encountered was friendly and accommodating and helpful!!!

Pros: Nice grounds, solid breakfast spread (pretty packed, but they opened the conference room for additional seating which is nice!), friendly helpful staff, good location, large rooms, lots of room outside for your kids to run around!!

Cons: Rooms aren't bad, the kitchens have been updated with granite, etc. The rest of the room just seemed a little bit tired...it's not bad...just "tired"...(I had just come from a brand new Residence Inn).

Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose ground floor if you have children!

Dear Teresa K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience along with pros and cons feedback about our hotel. I am happy that you had a great experience and will be back to stay with us again.

My team and I look forward to being of service to you again!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My two teenage sons, husband and I stayed here for two weeks while we were waiting to move into our new home. We stayed in a one room studio with pull out sofa bed and were very comfortable. I was able to cook meals, work out in their gym, have a full breakfast and a nice complimentary meal with wine or beer three nights out of the week. The staff was what really made our stay though. Each day we were met by people going beyond their typical duties trying to make us feel comfortable. Thanks again for making us feel at home!

Dear margarita1965,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott - Fountain Valley, CA as your "home away from home"...and I am delighted to hear that my team provided that type of service for you and your family.

I am happy to share your feedback with my team, and I thank you for putting a smile on our face with your kind comments.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had 2night stay for Disney trip -room was really roomy and comfy but I would not say this is Huntington beach area
Easy access to 405 but didnt hear much loud noise from freeway
Breakfast was pretty solid - waffle, bagel, egg... -breakfast was better than spring hill
Pretty clean -but I can see gabege here and there, especially pool area -they really need clean pool area but room was clean enough
They did little upgrade on room (new color, new kitchen...) but somehow you can still tell this is old property
We would like to stay here again because having a kitchen is big plus with kids

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear lovehawaiigirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate all the positive comments that you spoke of, and I'm happty to hear that you would stay with us again.

Although our physical address is in Fountain Valley, the hotel is the closest lodging establishment in the area to the city and state beaches (aside from the beachfront full service resort hotels).

We look forward to being of service to you and your family again!