All reviewsfree breakfastbbq areastainless steel appliancesbedroom suitesports courtwafflesjohn wayne orange county airportfull kitchenthe sofa bedno elevatorevery morningaaa discountcomfortable staymin drivea nice place to staycomfortable bedsclose to the airport
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Checked in here to meet up with some friends in the area. Great location, SUPER friendly staff...EVERY staff I encountered was friendly and accommodating and helpful!!!

Pros: Nice grounds, solid breakfast spread (pretty packed, but they opened the conference room for additional seating which is nice!), friendly helpful staff, good location, large rooms, lots of room outside for your kids to run around!!

Cons: Rooms aren't bad, the kitchens have been updated with granite, etc. The rest of the room just seemed a little bit tired...it's not bad...just "tired"...(I had just come from a brand new Residence Inn).

Would stay here again!

Room Tip: Choose ground floor if you have children!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Teresa K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience along with pros and cons feedback about our hotel. I am happy that you had a great experience and will be back to stay with us again.

My team and I look forward to being of service to you again!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My two teenage sons, husband and I stayed here for two weeks while we were waiting to move into our new home. We stayed in a one room studio with pull out sofa bed and were very comfortable. I was able to cook meals, work out in their gym, have a full breakfast and a nice complimentary meal with wine or beer three nights out of the week. The staff was what really made our stay though. Each day we were met by people going beyond their typical duties trying to make us feel comfortable. Thanks again for making us feel at home!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear margarita1965,

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott - Fountain Valley, CA as your "home away from home"...and I am delighted to hear that my team provided that type of service for you and your family.

I am happy to share your feedback with my team, and I thank you for putting a smile on our face with your kind comments.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Had 2night stay for Disney trip -room was really roomy and comfy but I would not say this is Huntington beach area
Easy access to 405 but didnt hear much loud noise from freeway
Breakfast was pretty solid - waffle, bagel, egg... -breakfast was better than spring hill
Pretty clean -but I can see gabege here and there, especially pool area -they really need clean pool area but room was clean enough
They did little upgrade on room (new color, new kitchen...) but somehow you can still tell this is old property
We would like to stay here again because having a kitchen is big plus with kids

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear lovehawaiigirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. I appreciate all the positive comments that you spoke of, and I'm happty to hear that you would stay with us again.

Although our physical address is in Fountain Valley, the hotel is the closest lodging establishment in the area to the city and state beaches (aside from the beachfront full service resort hotels).

We look forward to being of service to you and your family again!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks- perfect location for Disney & Huntington beach. Staff very helpful & friendly. The pool & basket ball court was great for kids. A family oriented place/ would come back again.

• Stayed: June 2013
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Georgi2003,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am happy that the hotel was centrally located for you and your family, and you found our facilities to be perfect for your kids.

Our team takes great pride in providing excellent service, and I am delighte that you experienced that. We look forward to providing you the same service during your next sevice!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having lived in the Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach area for over 30 years, I knew just where I wanted to stay when I brought my nephews to Southern California for a Disneyland visit. This Residence Inn is farther away from Disneyland than its other properties, but we only were doing Disney one day. Its location, right next to the 405 freeway, made it very convenient to get to all the other places we wanted to visit on our trip, such as Seal Beach, Huntington Beach and the LA Zoo.

We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom unit near the sports court. It was just perfect for 2 adults and two children (and would have accommodated two more on the sofa bed, but we didn't need it). There are supermarkets and a 99-cent store within a couple of blocks so we could get groceries and pool/beach toys very inexpensively. The breakfasts every morning were quite good with a lot of variety and the hot dishes changed daily. My boys loved being able to choose their breakfasts every day. There is an "evening social" on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We only made it one evening and it provided BBQ hamburgers and a salad bar and beverages for both adults and children. What more could you ask for?

But the absolute best part of this hotel is the excellent service from the staff. The maintenance staff and the pool cleaning guys went out of their way to greet us in the morning on our way to breakfast and "high-fived" the little boys (who thought that was pretty cool). The eating area staff made sure we had everything we needed and that asked us often if everything was OK. The front desk staff was outstanding as well - they made sure that all of our needs were met and they were so friendly.

I just can't thank the staff enough for making our stay so very enjoyable. Everything else was great too - the location, the size and cleanliness of the room - Everything!

Room Tip: Our room was next to the sports court, so the only sleep interruption we had was by two idiot hotel guests (grown men) who apparently thought it would be OK to play basket ball around 7 a.m. one morning. Other than that, our room was fine and even though the hotel is next to the freeway, we didn't hear it in our room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear HappySnaps,

Thank you for recognizing the hotel and my team with your compliments shared here on Tripadvisor!

We take great pride in the Marriott service we provide to each and every guest. I will make sure to share this with my team and ackowledge the Engineering associate that made your kids smile with the "High Fives"!

We look forward to being of service to you again!

High Five,