All reviewsfree breakfastbbq areastainless steel appliancesbedroom suitesports courtwafflesjohn wayne orange county airportfull kitchenthe sofa bedno elevatorevery morningaaa discountcomfortable staymin drivea nice place to staycomfortable bedsclose to the airport
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Having lived in the Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach area for over 30 years, I knew just where I wanted to stay when I brought my nephews to Southern California for a Disneyland visit. This Residence Inn is farther away from Disneyland than its other properties, but we only were doing Disney one day. Its location, right next to the 405 freeway, made it very convenient to get to all the other places we wanted to visit on our trip, such as Seal Beach, Huntington Beach and the LA Zoo.

We had a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom unit near the sports court. It was just perfect for 2 adults and two children (and would have accommodated two more on the sofa bed, but we didn't need it). There are supermarkets and a 99-cent store within a couple of blocks so we could get groceries and pool/beach toys very inexpensively. The breakfasts every morning were quite good with a lot of variety and the hot dishes changed daily. My boys loved being able to choose their breakfasts every day. There is an "evening social" on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We only made it one evening and it provided BBQ hamburgers and a salad bar and beverages for both adults and children. What more could you ask for?

But the absolute best part of this hotel is the excellent service from the staff. The maintenance staff and the pool cleaning guys went out of their way to greet us in the morning on our way to breakfast and "high-fived" the little boys (who thought that was pretty cool). The eating area staff made sure we had everything we needed and that asked us often if everything was OK. The front desk staff was outstanding as well - they made sure that all of our needs were met and they were so friendly.

I just can't thank the staff enough for making our stay so very enjoyable. Everything else was great too - the location, the size and cleanliness of the room - Everything!

Room Tip: Our room was next to the sports court, so the only sleep interruption we had was by two idiot hotel guests (grown men) who apparently thought it would be OK to play basket ball around 7 a.m. one morning. Other than that, our room was fine and even though the hotel is next to the freeway, we didn't hear it in our room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear HappySnaps,

Thank you for recognizing the hotel and my team with your compliments shared here on Tripadvisor!

We take great pride in the Marriott service we provide to each and every guest. I will make sure to share this with my team and ackowledge the Engineering associate that made your kids smile with the "High Fives"!

We look forward to being of service to you again!

High Five,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We have stayed in the nearby Newport Coast Marriott Villas several times. This time we tried Fountain Valley and we were quite pleased. The location is not by the ocean, but is quite convenient to LA and further south. The AAA discount helped to make our stay approximately $175 per night, often the price of one mediocre hotel room. For the 3 of us, this was perfect. The 2 bedroom suite is lovely, not luxurious, but beyond our expectations. Fully equipped kitchen, 2 full bathrooms. One minor problem: the chairs at the breakfast counter should be stools, not ordinary height chairs. Some higher level stools would work much better. There is even a complimentary breakfast and manager's snacks on certain days. The pool and jacuzzi were nice - and always empty and inviting! We had no trouble with noise.............seemed to be a family environment not a party place. We would recommend this Marriott to friends and will consider returning.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Cheryl103,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for taking the time to write a favorable review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am happy that our facilities and the service stood above your expectations.

We look forward to your return and any referrals that you bring to the Residence Inn - Fountain Valley. We take pride in providing all of our guest's a memorable experience!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very nice rooms with wonderful full, hot breakfast daily, with some variety from day to day. Every day there was a good assortment of cereals including hot oatmeal, bagels, toast, waffles, scrambled eggs, yogurt, etc. A special treat was the evening social hour a few evenings while we were there. One evening there was soup & salad available. Another evening cheeseburgers, potato chips & salad. Both evening there was red or white wine, beer & lemonade. Pool was nice & warm and there is a nice outside gathering area with a barbecue, couches, easy chairs & tables & chairs. We were traveling with 4 generations of family and required 2 rooms. The clerk suggested we have the rooms keyed the same, which was a wonderful idea, so we had a total of 4 keys to open both rooms. One of the family has trouble walking, and we were provided rooms on the first floor close to everything. Staff was very friendly & helpful with ideas of where to dine & a list of delivery restaurants. The location was very good, right off the xway & only about 15-20 mins from Knotts Berry Farm which is why we picked this location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you MichiganAnnieM925 for your kind remarks! I am happy to hear that my team made your recent stay a great experience. I look forward to sharing your feedback with them, as they work hard to keep all of our guests happy!!!

We look forward to having you again in our hotel!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hotels are getting very pricey in this area so we were pleased to find this property. It is an older design that has been updated to keep pace with business needs. We found the condition to be great, staff to be extremely good at their jobs!. Location is about 5 miles north of the SNA airport very close to the 405. Traffic could be an issue if you have to travel to Irvine in rush hour. Either way, we would be happy to return as guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in main building upstairs to get more convenience to meals and lobby. No elevator though
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Robert T,

I was delighted to read your kind feedback, especially the Title line. My team and I pride ourselves in making our guest's stay the best value for your trip, whether it be business or leisure.

We look forward to your next visit and creating the same experience for you!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn and have stayed there on many previous trips to Southern California. First hand experience tells me that the staff is very concerned with guest safety and security. Thank you to the manager, Mr. Aquino, for his thoughtful response to questions I had; I felt like a valued guest. We always enjoy Residence Inn breakfasts and this breakfast room seemed particularly clean and well stocked. Despite the easy access to the 405, I have never had any freeway noise disturb my sleep. I was able to use the computer in the lobby to quickly keep up with email. I think the studio rooms are a good value for a short stay, but when I need 2 beds for my family or wish to ensure that no one sleeps on a sofa bed (of course regular beds are more comfortable!), the price for the larger accommodations is generally out of my league and, regrettably, I stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: I accidentally rated kids activities up there even though I'm not sure what that would be and I can't remove the rating. The pool is nice, though.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Karen K,

Thank you for your kind remarks and outstanding rating of our hotel. My team and I know what it's like to be away from home, and that is why we pride ourselves in the service that we give to all our guests.

We look forward to being of service again to you on your next stay at the Residence Inn - Fountain Valley!