All reviews free breakfast bbq area stainless steel appliances bedroom suite sports court waffles john wayne orange county airport full kitchen the sofa bed no elevator every morning aaa discount comfortable stay min drive a nice place to stay comfortable beds close to the airport
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Very nice rooms with wonderful full, hot breakfast daily, with some variety from day to day. Every day there was a good assortment of cereals including hot oatmeal, bagels, toast, waffles, scrambled eggs, yogurt, etc. A special treat was the evening social hour a few evenings while we were there. One evening there was soup & salad available. Another evening cheeseburgers, potato chips & salad. Both evening there was red or white wine, beer & lemonade. Pool was nice & warm and there is a nice outside gathering area with a barbecue, couches, easy chairs & tables & chairs. We were traveling with 4 generations of family and required 2 rooms. The clerk suggested we have the rooms keyed the same, which was a wonderful idea, so we had a total of 4 keys to open both rooms. One of the family has trouble walking, and we were provided rooms on the first floor close to everything. Staff was very friendly & helpful with ideas of where to dine & a list of delivery restaurants. The location was very good, right off the xway & only about 15-20 mins from Knotts Berry Farm which is why we picked this location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you MichiganAnnieM925 for your kind remarks! I am happy to hear that my team made your recent stay a great experience. I look forward to sharing your feedback with them, as they work hard to keep all of our guests happy!!!

We look forward to having you again in our hotel!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Hotels are getting very pricey in this area so we were pleased to find this property. It is an older design that has been updated to keep pace with business needs. We found the condition to be great, staff to be extremely good at their jobs!. Location is about 5 miles north of the SNA airport very close to the 405. Traffic could be an issue if you have to travel to Irvine in rush hour. Either way, we would be happy to return as guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in main building upstairs to get more convenience to meals and lobby. No elevator though
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ArtA622, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Huntington Beach Fountain Valley, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Robert T,

I was delighted to read your kind feedback, especially the Title line. My team and I pride ourselves in making our guest's stay the best value for your trip, whether it be business or leisure.

We look forward to your next visit and creating the same experience for you!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn and have stayed there on many previous trips to Southern California. First hand experience tells me that the staff is very concerned with guest safety and security. Thank you to the manager, Mr. Aquino, for his thoughtful response to questions I had; I felt like a valued guest. We always enjoy Residence Inn breakfasts and this breakfast room seemed particularly clean and well stocked. Despite the easy access to the 405, I have never had any freeway noise disturb my sleep. I was able to use the computer in the lobby to quickly keep up with email. I think the studio rooms are a good value for a short stay, but when I need 2 beds for my family or wish to ensure that no one sleeps on a sofa bed (of course regular beds are more comfortable!), the price for the larger accommodations is generally out of my league and, regrettably, I stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: I accidentally rated kids activities up there even though I'm not sure what that would be and I can't remove the rating. The pool is nice, though.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Karen K,

Thank you for your kind remarks and outstanding rating of our hotel. My team and I know what it's like to be away from home, and that is why we pride ourselves in the service that we give to all our guests.

We look forward to being of service again to you on your next stay at the Residence Inn - Fountain Valley!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We just returned from a week's stay during spring break. We reserved a two bedroom unit. The receptionist suggested the building (19) next to us as being most convenient and farthest from the 405 freeway. He was spot on as we did not hear any noise from the freeway. Yes, some noise from the road out front (Slater), but nothing significant that disturbed our sleep!

The area which breakfast is served in is small, so it can get crowded during peak times, however the staff open a small conference room when available to provide additional seating. There are only a few hot trays for food so they can run out quickly, however the staff worked hard at refilling as quickly as possible.

As for location of the property itself, it's very convenient to the freeways. Disneyland is about 20 minutes by freeway (405 to 55 to 5 via HOV/carpool lane) or 30 minutes by surface streets. We did both routes, choosing surfaces streets on one evening to pick up dinner on the way back to eat in our room. Speaking of which, the kitchen is well equipped.

The rooms look to be updated to the 'new' Residence Inn decor. The beds were comfortable and A/C worked very well, which isn't always the case in hotels.

All in all I was very pleased with our stay and would highly recommend it to others. The location and easy access are a plus. I would expect however that rooms close to the 405 would probably be noisier, so get one close to the main building.

Room Tip: A room in building 19 is most convenient to the Hearth Room where breakfast is and is farthest from the freeway. It's also quick and easy to drive into and out of. Second floor units have high ceilings in the living room which is nice.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

drdasd,

Thank you for taking the time to share a favorable review about your stay at our hotel. Our team takes great pride in reading comments such as yours, and this gives us motivation to continue our Marriott service with all of our guests.

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Recently my husband and I enjoyed a one night stay at the Residence Inn while my house was under construction. The front desk was extremely helpful and friendly. The room looked to be recently renovated and was very comfortable. This hotel is my hotel of choice when I am forced out of my house due to construction or painting.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family