“Home away from Home- Great Suburban location just of I-405”

Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Very good location close to the I-405 and central to Orange County. Also, close to the Orange County airport. What I really liked about this hotel is that it in a subarban area with low traffic and a the mile long park nearby. Breakfast and the heated pool was a a hit with the kids.
They also have free dinner on Mondays, Tuesday and Wednesdays. Hotel room was very good with fully equipped kitchen. Overall, a great way to feel somewhat at home when travelling.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank YogeshL12

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We just spent a week at this hotel in a 2 bedroom suite. Yes, the hotel is older and it shows in a few places even though it has been rehabbed and the kitchen seems fairly new. However, it was very quiet during our stay, good to have breakfast every morning, and the staff was excellent. Very kind and friendly and our room was very clean. The beds are a bit hard from what I am used to, but still slept OK.

Just a comment about the previous review about sand in the bathtub- there was a rough texture on the bathtub surface to keep from slipping, and it does feel a bit like sand at first. I think this is what the reviewer noticed.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank ohiotraveler10
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Rooms are large and insulated against all noise - and the two-bedroom suites are beautiful. My extended family stayed here for summer vacation, and we could not stop raving about the place. If you are traveling with family or are staying for a while, this is a perfect location. The hotel offers free breakfast and an evening happy hour. There are also numerous restaurants and grocery stores close by to stock the fridge. Parking is free and very close to your room.
The pool is small, but with the beach close by, there is no lack of water. One of the largest parks in Orange County is also only a couple of blocks away. This is no place for a romantic getaway, but if you are staying for longer periods of have kids and need a kitchen, you can't go wrong.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This was a very quiet hotel, I didn't even notice there were high school sports teams staying here until our last night. We stayed 7 nights total, and enjoyed the delicious breakfast every morning. The pool was clean and my kids loved it, especially the lights that changed color. It was easy to find, and close to the airport, beach, freeway, Anaheim and lots of restaurants. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My older daughter and I recently stayed here to attend a conference in Huntington Beach. We were here for 7 nights. We extended one additional night here instead of getting a room closer to the Orange County airport. It turns out it's only 7 miles from the airport anyway. I am one of those people who agonize about hotel rooms and locations and particularly cleanliness and safety. This place was just fine and I would stay there again. The room was clean and the kitchenette was an added bonus for those days when we didn't want to eat out. The breakfast was a good start to the day. There was always yogurt, fruit, bagels, waffles if you cared to make them, cereal, hot scrambled eggs and sausage and potatoes. I used the exercise room and my daughter used the pool; both were fine. The staff was always very friendly. There was a manager's reception Mon through Wed with some kind of substantial snack like nachos or turkey sandwiches or burgers. There were several restaurants right around the corner. We walked to the Duo restaurant one night. Parking and wireless Internet connection was free. My daughter was able to attend her graduate classes remotely for two nights, 3 hours each, without the connection dropping out. We would definitely stay there again. Based on our good experience with a Residence Inn, I will be looking for them in other cities when I travel.

Room Tip: Our room apparently wasn't overlooking the highway or the basketball court or pool so I had no i...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Well when i first pulled off the Interstate and realized this property was between the 405 and Slater which is a busy street....I thought damn this is going to be a noisy place. On the weekends the place is not packed and I requested a quiet room and got one in the middle of the property between the two thoroughfares. It was relatively quiet and the the 2 bedroom suite I got was nice. Only downsides is they have HiDef TV's with no HiDef signals so the reception is not good which is not the best for football viewing. Breakfast was so-so.

Pro's: Front desk kid was super nice and helped me with the internet as they have a computer that doesn't automatically go to Internet explorer. Rooms are thermostat controlled and fans are pretty quiet.

Con's: You could get a room facing the 405 so if you are a light sleeper could be an issue.

Room Tip: Rooms in the middle of the property are shielded from traffic noises.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2012

My parents, daughter and I stayed in a two room suite in building 9. Couldn't hear the freeway from the room. Room was clean. My daughter was sick and visited the front desk in the middle of the night for some soda and the front desk clerk was friendly and super helpful. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Property does not have elevators, so be sure to request a ground floor room for those unable to walk...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MaNPaM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fountain Valley
Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
SpringHill Suites Huntington Beach Orange County
SpringHill Suites Huntington Bea...
#9 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
Comfort Suites Huntington Beach
#13 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Best Western Surf City
Best Western Surf City
#6 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Residence Inn Huntington Beach Fountain Valley? Share your experiences!