All reviews free breakfast bbq area stainless steel appliances bedroom suite sports court waffles john wayne orange county airport full kitchen the sofa bed no elevator every morning aaa discount comfortable stay min drive a nice place to stay comfortable beds close to the airport
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My husband and I, and our dog, stayed two nights at this Residence Inn. The location is great. Lots of restaurants nearby, and only 5 miles to the Huntington Dog Beach. The grassy pet area in the far back corner of the property is one of the largest we've ever seen at a Residence Inn, and we really appreciated that. The breakfast buffet was good. There is a nice outdoor conversation area near a fountain.

The one drawback to our stay was that the kitchen in our suite was not very clean. The floor was a little sticky when we arrived, and every dish we took out of the cupboard needed to be re-washed by hand before we would eat off of it. I will say that the management was very responsive when we reported this to them, and they took care of it right away.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the San Diego (405) freeway are not as quiet as others on this property.
Reviewed March 30, 2012

From the moment I booked the accomodation to the moment we arrived at to the moment we left - we were made to feel like valued customers.

The suite was ready when we arrived. The two bedroom suite has two separate bathrooms and TVs in each room. The beds were comfortable and clean. The living room was equiped with TV, a pullout sofa, a chair, a coffee table, a writing desk and chair. The kitchen was fully stocked with silverware and crockery. A stove, fridge and dishwasher completed the kitchen area. There was a nice eating bar counter set up with tall chairs. We liked the darkening drapes in all the rooms. The Air conditioning worked well.

Corey at reception was excellent. We had a medical emergency the second day of our arrival, and he found the number of the local clinic and hospital for us. Ashley was helpful as well. Manager Art Aquino came and thanked me for staying there, and upon me complementing the hotel, he complemented his staff for running it so well. A great quality in a manager! Happy staff make for happy guests.

This hotel upholds the Marriott name. Everyone was just eager to please the guests. If we were short anything in our room, one call would take care of it. Even the small fruit flies - as another reviewer mentioned - were taken care of when I mentioned that to the front desk. They sent someone to spray the room whilst we were out, and upon our arrival, the flies were gone, and there was no spray odour.

Parking was plentiful and free which was a bonus. The WiFi was great, and connecting to it was not much of a problem. Our room did not face the highway, but was to the side a bit. Being on the second floor helped keep the noise level down - not that there was that much noise from the traffic or other guests in our suite. We ate at the buffet for a few days. Usual fare - toast, bagels, muffins, coffee, juice, waffles, scrambled eggs, sausages, apples, bananas, yogurt, pancakes...... Monday through Wednesday, there are also some refreshments offered between 5 and 7, but unfortunately, we did not partake in those as we were never at the hotel until later in the night.

We were going to stay for 8 days, but ended up extending our trip to 13 days. I am glad we picked this hotel to stay at.

Room Tip: I would choose the second floor for less noise from traffic as well as from the pool, basketball court, etc. However there is no elevator, so you would have to climb the flight of stairs.
1  Thank AussieEdmonton
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Decent place to stay....bed average but the room and bathroom were very clean other than the small flies we were never able to get rid of. Room had a king bed and pullout (but very uncomfortable) sofa. Room looked to be recently re-decorated. Great water pressure in shower. Ask for extra towels when you check in if you have more than 2 people.

Smart to get a room facing the freeway (and oddly it wasn't loud)....but if you face the pool, you get that noise PLUS the kids who are playing basketball endlessly on the court near the pool at all hours of the night and very early morning. That was the loudest part of our stay.

Fair hot or cold breakfast with the usual offerings. We found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating when we checked in. We had a mini-kitchen with small dining table plus a desk which was nice.

Teenage daughter liked the free wi-fi and we liked free and ample parking. We stayed 2 nights.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the freeway; the windows are solid and block out the sound. What you don't want is a room facing the pool AND the basketball court b/c kids are playing at all hours of the very early morning and night!
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed here for 2 days and it was very nice. Many amenities as home such as full refrigerator, stove and microwave. Had a king studio suite which was spacious enough for us with a sofa, work table, chair and dinning table. The room was clean and quiet even though we were on the freeway side. The staff was very cordial and helpful. I got to the hotel 3 hours before normal check-in time and they were able to accommodate my check-in early with less than an hour wait. The room had a nice closet and also good digital heating controls. The wash area is separate from the shower. Bed comfort was good. There is a free breakfast which was quite good. Eggs, potatoes, susage, bagels, toast, MYO waffles, cereal and juice and coffee was part of the offering. There is no restaurant on site but some can be found about a two mile drive away. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travel447
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Although a local, I stayed 4 nights in November while our home was being repaired. I have recommended this hotel as a Destination Expert, but this was the first time I have been a guest here. I was pleasantly pleased.

Our family had a 2 bedroom with full kitchen (dishwasher, fridge, microwave, stove etc), 2 full bathrooms one each off the bedrooms plus a gas fireplace and 3 flat screen televisions (one in each room plus the family room). It had all the comforts of home and I felt as if I was staying in a condo rather than a hotel. Our place was upstairs and near the front next to Slater. We heard absolutley no noise from traffic (Slater or 405 freeway) but could hear the front door closing from the unit opposite ours as these places have self closing doors which tend to slam shut unless held. We used the laundry facility on the premises. Free Tide detergent is available at the front desk. Although we did not use the pool, it was nice but small. There was a jacuzzi which tended to be full each night. A reception hour was held each night in the lobby. We attended it once and in addition to a glass of wine, snack food was served. The night we visited, it was hot dogs. Small continental breakfast was included with many options. In the lobby, there is a very small "mini mart" about the size of a coat closet which has drinks, snacks, toiletries etc for purchase. We did use the gym on the premises. It had 2 new high-end treadmills, a stationary bike and a bench. Bring your ear-buds so you can plug into the individual TV's. The small size didn't bother us as no one but us seemed to use it. We did notice some guests walking across the street for snacks at the mini mart/gas station on the opposite corner . Nearby there are many restaurants, banks, a pub (Silky Sullivan's), police station, and library. Wi-Fi was grear as well. We did not hear noise from the freeway as the grounds are set back from the freeway. The staff was very friendly and the place exceptionally clean. Since we are night owls, we did notice a security guard walking the premises at night.

For those interested, state beach is about a 10-15 minute drive straight down Brookhurst. I would recommend making a right on Pacific Coast Hwy and driving to city beach (near the HB pier)

I would absolutely recommend this place without second thought.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family