Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Fountain Valley
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I liked the room,it was a divided living room from the bedroom. It had a microwave, refrigerator.
The location was good.most of all it was quit! I felt it needed updating. The bed seemed old,and had wood blocks holding it on the frame. The toilet ran. Off and on,they were very quick about coming to repair it, but,after he fixed it,it started again, I was tired and didn't want someone in there messing with it, so,that's my fault. The hot tub,the manager,Lee said it needed something,not sure what,that it would be working the next day. I was disappointed. The next morning,the breakfast was pastries, breads,cereals, juices,coffee tea,looked good,my son liked it, i was going into orange memorial for surgery, so, I was fasting. I would give it another chance, just needs updating!!!'

Room Tip: Pick a room over the office. The other side is right along the freeway, it may bother you. It didn...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheryl M

Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was in California for a job interview and this was my second time staying at this hotel and my first experience was fine. Because I was called in at the last minute I didn't have a chance to book my room ahead of time but I figured I'd take a chance. For my first night there was only a double available at $89 and the girl at the front desk said there'd be a single available the next night so I wouldn't have an issue there.

As a member of my alumni association one of the perks is being able to get a discounted rate at most Wyndham properties (15%) so imagine my surprise when even after (allegedly) inputting my corporate ID number, the room rate was still $89. Also, the price for the single the following night was (still) $79. After I had booked the first night the desk clerk told me they actually couldn't just switch the room over (from double to single). Rather, I would have to come back in the morning at check-out time and re-book to extend my stay.

This inconvenience actually turned out to be quite fortuitous. Once I settled into my room I was able to access the wifi on my phone and went to Days Inn's website. Imagine my surprise when I was not only able to book my room for the next night, I was able to do so at the discounted rate. To me that suggests one of two scenarios.
1. The desk clerk didn't actually input the corporate ID. When I asked her if she was sure about the rate she said that the price reflected was the same as with a AAA membership.
2. She didn't input it correctly. She did mention that she had recently started working there so maybe she wasn't in the correct system.

Either way, as a person traveling on a very limited budget it was quite irksome. That being said, the single that I ended up in turned out to be a suite complete with a separate sitting room. Travelling alone I didn't need that much space but it's good to know that it's an option in the future. Also, the updates in the bathrooms are nice. Now if they could extend to the rest of the room like the carpet that would be great.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Britt T
Reviewed June 14, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Nikki C
Reviewed June 5, 2014

No. Don't do it. The place was absolutely terrible. The floors had what looked like blood stains, the blankets were stained, the bathroom was atrocious. Quickly checked out of there and got a refund. Just not acceptable for accommodations. We went down the road to the Residence Inn, only paid $40 extra dollars(total, for the 3 days we were there) and that hotel was 1000x better and cleaner.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Ayres Hotel Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
1 mi away
Courtyard Huntington Beach Fountain Valley
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington Beach
Quality Inn & Suites Huntington ...
#16 of 21 in Huntington Beach
#13 of 21 in Huntington Beach
Hotel Huntington Beach
Hotel Huntington Beach
#19 of 21 in Huntington Beach

Been to Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach? Share your experiences!