Days Inn & Suites Fountain Valley/Huntington Beach
$101
QualityInn
Rodeway Inn(Huntington Beach)
$100
Motel 6 Costa Mesa(Costa Mesa)
$76
Motel 6
$135
$116
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 14, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 13, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2012

As a family, we decided to spend a weekend at Huntington Beach and wanted the convenience of close access to the beach without paying an arm and a leg. We have also stayed in Days Inn in the past and love the staff, the quality of the rooms, breakfast etc. but this was very disappointing.

1) When I reserved the room, I asked for 2 queen beds. When we got there, they said they I had requested 2 doubles.
2) The walls were scratched and had holes. We couldn't even sit at the table as the table and chairs were on the verge of breaking.
3) We noticed that the primary wifi signal was not working. When I brought this to their attention the first night, I was told to use the backup (poolside) and they would report it to their manager and IT Staff. The secondary signal dropped every 15 min or so. I had more success with Ramada Inn's signal which I never did locate the hotel itself. When I called the front desk the next evening to report the wifi was still down, the same gentlemen said the same thing and I responded with the fact that’s the same script he gave last night. When I asked for the manager’s contact number, he refused to give it and said he will have him call us that evening. We never received that call.
4) The breakfast was horrible. The coffee (more like flavored water) was disgusting. If you stay there, go to Starbucks down the street.
5) When we checked out, we asked for a copy of the receipt and there was a charge for use of the safe (which we never requested). It took some time to reverse it, but it go done. Look at your bill!

I will be calling Days Inn Customer service to share our disappointment.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family